Xbox has a subculture centered around unlocking 100% of the achievements in games. Here are the 7 easiest games to to get you started.
Achievements have been a big part ofXbox culture since they debuted alongside the Xbox 360 16 years ago. These achievements have become a staple of many gaming companies nowadays and often set up new and interesting ways to playthe titles they are found in. Many players make it their mission to acquire every single one of them in the course of their playthroughs.
As time has gone on an Xbox player's achievement score (or Gamerscore as it's commonly referred to) has become a status symbol that shows how much of a hardcore gamer someone is. The higher the number the better, with the top tier achievement hunters reaching point totals over one million. To make things easier for players trying to grind achievements, here are seven of the easiest games to achieve 100 percent completion in on Xbox One.
RELATED:Xbox Game Pass: Everything Arriving and Leaving in February 2021
Shred It! is an endless runner game with a unique papercraft style that really stands out.It encouragesplayers to continue trying to beattheir previous score, getting just a little further down the path each time. Obstacles and challenges liter each track, and although it's easy to pick up, the game offers a bit of a learning curve as you try harder tasks.
There are a variety of characters and tracks to unlock as you progress, and one can easily lose themselves trying to unlock them all. Luckily, acquiring the game's whopping 1500 Gamerscore can be done in only a few hours. In terms of time commitment to Gamerscore, there's no value quite like Shred It!
Abzu is an enigma. The game seems like a relaxing adventure where you explore a vast ocean and take in the sights and sounds, but it's so much more than that. The game is absolutely beautiful, featuring amazing details in the creatures you can encounter and the scenery you swim past. There are puzzles to solve and secrets to find, so exploration is key to getting the most out of Abzu.
RELATED:PlayStation 4's 7 Easiest Platinum Trophies
On top of the striking visuals and fun gameplay, Abzu has a surprisingly deep story for a game with no dialogue. Although hinted at throughout the game, only players that explore every inch of the ocean will understand what happens in the later levels.However, theentire game can be completed with a 100 percent in less than three hours.
The Station is less of a game and more of a walking simulator, a term that describes games that revolve around theplayer walking from area to area, simply interacting with the environment to progress the story. They are basically a newer version of the old point and click adventure games. This isn't quite a full-blown interactive movie, such as the Telltale games, but it's close.
TheStation takes place on a space station, where a mysterious accident has befallen the three crew members. It's up to the player to figure out what happened. The game has a pretty obvious twist at the end, but just because you might see it coming doesn't make it any less well done when it is eventually laid out.Furthermore, you can achieve 100 percentcompletion in around an hour -- another easy 1000 Gamerscore.
RELATED:Two Iconic Horror Titles Kick Off Xbox Games With Gold in February
Gone Home is another walking simulator.Here, the player explores the house and looks to find things to interact with that will progress the story. The game's depth isn't in the gameplay; it's in the story. If you have ever been away from home for a long time and return to see things are not how you left them, then you will understand the story of Gone Home.
The game goes to great lengths to express the feelings of loss and change that come from your childhood home changing over the years and people moving on with their lives. Another game that isn't long, you can finish the entire game in less than 20 minutes, but 100 percent completion will take a bit longer.
RELATED:Xbox Announces Celebrate Black Voices Initiative
In the name itself, thecomplexity of Cubot is in its simplicity. Every puzzle consists of matching colors, which in itself is pretty simple. Where the difficulty comes in is the twists and turns the game uses to keep you from completing your tasks. Many puzzle games drop the ball in the way they ramp up the difficulty; one minute it's a breeze, and the next it's pulling teeth.
Cubot does a great job of gradually teaching you the ropes, then slowly placing obstacles in your way as you're ready for them. To get 100 percent of the achievements, you need to complete every puzzle. This is no simple task, but there are plenty of guides available that makeit trivial and quick.
RELATED:The Xbox Series S Is AMAZING for Playing Legacy Content
Jack N' Jill DX is almost exactly what you think it is. The famous nursery rhyme about Jack chasing after Jill is taken to an extreme here, where, to get to Jill, Jack must brave 140 platforming levels. Everything is in black and white, and it's all wrapped in a cartoonish and simple design. The game harkens back to the old school 2D platformers that older gamers remember.It's simple, and the 100 percent is simpler -- the entirety of its achievements can be gathered before level 20.
Storm Boyis among the easiest games to complete, but it will definitely leave an impact. Based on a worldwide best-selling book that is known for pulling at readers' heartstrings, the game closely follows that path. The gameplay is easygoing with a few mini-gamesto complete, so it's not quite a walking simulator, but its close. Prepare for the same vibes along the lines of how most "boy and his dog" movies end, as Storm Boy befriends and raises a pelican. The achievement points are worth the extra emotion, and 100 percent of them can be yours in less than 20 minutes.
KEEP READING:5 Most ICONIC Guns in Gaming
The Witcher: This Witcher Was One of the LAST to Train at Kaer Morhen
A lifetime of living and breathing nerd culture in all it's forms has led Leo to CBR. Devouring anything comics related as a kid, he was also an avid gamer. After he served his time in the military, he earned a degree in Video Game Production- which is where he discovered his passion for writing. Now he pursues bettering his writing chops wherever possible, whether it be here on CBR, or spirited debates with fanboys online.
See the original post:
Xbox One: The 7 Easiest Games to Unlock Every Achievement | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources
- 11 new Android games from the last week: The best, worst, and everything in between (3/29/21 - 4/4/21) - Android Police - April 4th, 2021
- Classic games like chess and Sudoku are now easier to play on iPhones and iPads - TechRadar - April 4th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Dungeon & Puzzles', 'Stick Fight: The Game', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - April 4th, 2021
- The Three Best and Worst Games of March 2021 - COGconnected - April 4th, 2021
- Google Play Pass now has over 800 games, apps - HT Tech - April 4th, 2021
- The Easiest Ways to Boost Your Gamerscore from the Xbox Games of March 2021 - TheXboxHub - April 4th, 2021
- Game of the Month: March 2021's Best PS5, PS4 Games - Pure PlayStation - April 4th, 2021
- This Weeks VR Game Roundup: New Archery Game, Kitchen Island VR - VR Fitness Insider - April 4th, 2021
- Best New Android Games This Week: The Wake, Quick Fire, Dual Summoners, and More - DroidGamers - April 4th, 2021
- It Takes Two review: This is how it runs on PC - Laptop Mag - April 4th, 2021
- Pillars of Active Aging - Old School Puzzles And Games To Promote Active Aging Brain Health - LNP | LancasterOnline - March 4th, 2021
- Tvinnr: Basic tips to help you enjoy this relaxing puzzle game - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- Maquette is a neat puzzle game that packs an emotional punch - The Next Web - March 4th, 2021
- Our most anticipated indie games of 2021 - Rock Paper Shotgun - March 4th, 2021
- MonkeyBox 2: Cards! is an upcoming puzzle adventure game for iOS from TheCodingMonkeys - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- Play with Gravity in Gravifire on Xbox and Switch - TheXboxHub - March 4th, 2021
- Lovin Games Weekly - There is a new Aliens game on the way - Lovin Dublin - March 4th, 2021
- It Takes Two Isn't Focusing on Replayability, Won't Have Collectibles - GameRant - March 4th, 2021
- The Video Games to Play This Month: Get Tiny with Maquette, It Takes Two, and More! - The Portland Mercury - March 4th, 2021
- 50% Kemco RPG and Puzzle Games on PS Store - GLYFE Nation - March 4th, 2021
- Worst Pokmon Spin-off Games Nintendo Should Never Remake - Screen Rant - March 4th, 2021
- Super Rare Games giving immersive puzzle game Creaks a physical Switch release next week - GoNintendo - March 4th, 2021
- Every Uncharted Game, Ranked Worst To Best | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - March 4th, 2021
- 10 Games We Need To See On PSVR2 That Could Actually Happen On PS5 - TheGamer - March 4th, 2021
- PC Review - 'Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead' - WorthPlaying.com - March 4th, 2021
- The Next Hawks Coach Will Have to Solve the Trae Young Puzzle - The Ringer - March 4th, 2021
- Sponsored: 5 games that make you think like a programmer - Gamasutra - March 4th, 2021
- Inked review - "If only looks were everything" | Articles - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- From Portal to Witcher 3: The games people cheat at the most! - European Gaming Industry News - March 4th, 2021
- 5 Best PC Boxing games to play in 2021 - Gameranx - March 4th, 2021
- What Are the Most Popular Types of Mobile Game? | TechQuila - TechQuila - February 19th, 2021
- The Legend of Zelda games ranked! - The Guardian - February 19th, 2021
- Wordsmyth is a beautiful daily word game coming soon to iOS and Android - Pocket Gamer - February 19th, 2021
- Review: She Remembered Caterpillars - Movies Games and Tech - February 19th, 2021
- Artie raises $10 million as it pivots to make instant games - VentureBeat - February 19th, 2021
- Fortnite Creative gets callout for puzzles and platformers - AltChar - February 19th, 2021
- Top 10 games to download and play first on your new Apple iPhone - Gadget Bridge - February 19th, 2021
- Outer Wilds launches this summer on Nintendo Switch - Shacknews - February 19th, 2021
- Steam Developer Banned After Trying to Trick Users About Positive Reviews - VICE - February 19th, 2021
- Global Games and Puzzles Market 2020 Industry Analysis, Key Drivers, Business Strategy, Opportunities and Forecast to 2025 Express Keeper - Express... - February 19th, 2021
- Next 10 Classic Horror Games To Play If You Liked The Medium - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- Game stores seeing an increase in new customers since the COVID-19 pandemic - WeAreGreenBay.com - February 17th, 2021
- The First 10 Games Released On The PS2 (In Chronological Order) - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- Zynga Expects Its Mobile Gaming Empire to Grow More Than 30% In 2021 - Motley Fool - February 17th, 2021
- 8 Underrated Open-World Games (That Came Out In The Last 5 Years) - GameRant - February 17th, 2021
- The Room 4: Old Sins Is Out For PC, And Prettier Than Ever - Kotaku - February 17th, 2021
- Knight's Retreat Review - Chess but not! - TheXboxHub - February 17th, 2021
- Soapbox: We Were Here, the Free PS4 Game No One Will Play with Me - Push Square - February 17th, 2021
- PS5 : HuniePop 2, another title that joins Twitch's list of banned games - Explica - February 17th, 2021
- 10 VR Games That Don't Give You Motion Sickness - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- 10 Things You Never Knew About The Origins Of Tetris | Game Rant - GameRant - February 17th, 2021
- Games of the week: The Medium, Spire Blast, Encodya and Solas 128 - Inverness Courier - February 17th, 2021
- Nokia 5.4 review this ones for the stock Android fans on a tight budget - Business Insider India - February 17th, 2021
- Thorny Puzzle Title Room To Grow Is Coming To PC This Month - Bleeding Cool News - February 14th, 2021
- Imaginative Puzzle Game QV Heading To Steam | TheGamer - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- 10 Open World Games That Have No Combat | Game Rant - GameRant - February 14th, 2021
- Schell Games Talks I Expect You To Die 2 And VR's Future - UploadVR - February 14th, 2021
- ConnecTank Is a Multiplayer Tank Battle and Puzzle Game Coming This Fall - SuperParent - February 14th, 2021
- Best Valentines Day games for couples: top titles to play with your loved one - TechRadar - February 14th, 2021
- Outer Wilds And The Best Games That Use Time Loops - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- The Most Peaceful Games of 2020, Ranked | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - February 14th, 2021
- Best new mobile games on iOS and Android this February - Metro.co.uk - February 14th, 2021
- PS4 Update: Download This New F2P PlayStation 4 Game - RealSport101 - February 14th, 2021
- The Best Free PC Games of Multiple Category in 2021 - TechnoSports - February 14th, 2021
- The DeanBeat: Has the game industry hit its peak with crazy valuations or just begun its growth? - VentureBeat - February 14th, 2021
- Video game review: 'The Medium' a messy horror game with inventive puzzles - telegraphherald.com - February 14th, 2021
- TouchArcade Game of the Week: 'Knightin'+' - Touch Arcade - February 14th, 2021
- Numskull Games Offers Sneak Peek At Upcoming Titles, Reveals RICO London - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- Recursive Puzzle Game, Maquette, to be Released in March - mxdwn.com - February 11th, 2021
- Tackle thorny problems in 'Room to Grow' a plant pushing puzzle game launching on Steam for PC & Mac 25th February 2021! - Gamasutra - February 11th, 2021
- PS5 and PS4 free game bonus: Grab a friend and download co-op puzzler for free - Express - February 11th, 2021
- Somethings Fishy About This Steam Games Very Positive Reviews - Kotaku - February 11th, 2021
- Human Fall Flat Was Originally Designed To Be Portal Meets Limbo - TheGamer - February 11th, 2021
- Tilting Point will invest up to $60 million in user acquisition for Loop Games Match 3D game - VentureBeat - February 11th, 2021
- Every App And VR Game Coming To Oculus App Lab For Quest - UploadVR - February 11th, 2021
- Nuts Review- Hiding Above the Trees, Looking For Squirrels - DualShockers - February 11th, 2021
- A bit about our currently nameless game company, and what we're working on at the moment - Gamasutra - February 11th, 2021
- 'Breath Of The Wild' Reinvented Zelda Games. 'Bowser's Fury' Does That For Mario - Mashable India - February 11th, 2021
- Slipways was the best demo in the Steam Games Festival, but it's gone now - Rock Paper Shotgun - February 9th, 2021
- Move Over, Mother 3 - THESE Nintendo Games Should Be Localized Too - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 9th, 2021