Pokmon has released more spin-off titles than mainline games, and these are some of the worst Pokmon titles Nintendo has ever released.
ThePokmon Company is always looking for new ways to innovate with newPokmontitles, and unfortunately not every newPokmon game is a smash hit.Pokmon is the world's highest-grossing media franchise, with one of the largest reasons it holds that title being because of the immense amount of content - video games, movies, trading cards, etc. - ThePokmon Company is able to produce. However, with the vast number of video games thatPokmon has produced over the past 25 years, there have been some really bad spin-off titles.
Pokmon was introduced to the world in 1996 as a simple monster collecting game on the Nintendo Game Boy.Pokmon Red & Blue were the first-everPokmon video games, followed by a collectible card game, anime, movies, and seven additional generations ofPokmon. Anew mainlinePokmon game would be released every two or three years, but the wait for the next big release would be filled with spin-off titles. Some of the bestPokmon experiences come from the spin-off titles such asPokmon Snap for the Nintendo 64, thePokmon Rumble series, and the mobile sensationPokmon GO.
Related:All Main Pokmon Games Ranked Worst To Best
Some of these spin-offs, however, are the worstPokmon games ever made. Spin-offs tend to deviate away from the monster-catching element and focus more on building the world ofPokmon. Some games do a great job of showing off a different portion of thePokmon universe, while others present a lackluster or convoluted idea that doesn't quite sit right with players. Here are a few of the worstPokmon spin-off games that Nintendo should never remake.
ThePokmon anime does a great job of presenting the aforementioned facets of thePokmon universe that aren't shown in the main games. One of these isPokmon racing, which Ash Ketchum and the gang experienced in Season 1 Episode 32.Pokmon Dash similarly attempts to add a racing element to the world ofPokmon, but fails miserably.
Released on the Nintendo DS in 2005,Pokmon Dash relies heavily on the use of the system's touch screen to gain speed and direct thePokmon. Unfortunately, players only have control ofPikachu and can't select from any otherPokmon. The gameplay is very repetitive, controls are frustrating, and it continually throws gimmicks at the player to take them out of the action. Not saying that aPokmon racing title isn't a viable endeavor, butPokmon Dash needs to be left in the early 2000s.
It's baffling that Nintendo decided topublish not one but threePokmon Ranger titles. Unlike many otherPokmon spin-off games,Pokmon Ranger lets players catch Pokmon, but only momentarily. Instead of using aPok Ball, players would use their DS stylus to draw circles around a wildPokmon. This activates the players' Capture Styler, which looks eerily similar to a Beyblade.
Related:Pokmon Legends: Arceus' Starting Pokmon (& Where They Come From)
Once the player drew enough circles around aPokmon, thatPokmon would join their party only to be used once before returning to the wild.Pokmon Rangers are in charge of solving ecological mysteries and capturing criminals, but the gameplay is too repetitive and uninteresting to make players want to focus on its story. Other spin-offs like the Pokmon Colosseum series are much better examples of whatPokmon Ranger attempted.
There are a lot ofPokmon puzzle games that are very enjoyable to play. Someoffer unique takes on classic puzzle formats, while others just slap aPokmon skin on a popular time-killer.Pokmon Trozei! is arguably the worstPokmon puzzle game, and it's yet another title that lived and died on the Nintendo DS.
Pokmon Trozei! is similar to Tetris or Bejeweled where icons symbolizing differentPokmon are shuffled around the screen to make matches. It's nothing more than another match-4 game with the added bonus of aPokdex that keeps track of thePokmon the players have matched.It would be much better for Nintendo to releaseanotherPokmon Picrossor Pokmon Pinballbefore anotherPokmon Trozei!
There are many morePokmon spin-offs out there that aren't worth a reboot, but these are the worst offenders. With 2021 beingPokmon's 25th Anniversary, it wouldn't surprising to see a couple of Pokmon games released, but it would be disappointing if any of these were announced.
Next:What Happened To Pokmon's Misty?
Rockstar Doesn't Think Remasters Should Be 'Simple Ports'
Achievement Unlocked! You've found Zackerie Fairfax's hidden bio. Zack is a staff writer for Screen Rant covering a number of topics ranging from the latest streamer scandal to how many gigaflops are in an Xbox. When not writing about video games, he is playing them. Primarily niche 3D platformers/adventure games that only he thinks should be ported to every next-gen console for the rest of eternity.
See original here:
Worst Pokmon Spin-off Games Nintendo Should Never Remake - Screen Rant
- 11 new Android games from the last week: The best, worst, and everything in between (3/29/21 - 4/4/21) - Android Police - April 4th, 2021
- Classic games like chess and Sudoku are now easier to play on iPhones and iPads - TechRadar - April 4th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Dungeon & Puzzles', 'Stick Fight: The Game', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - April 4th, 2021
- The Three Best and Worst Games of March 2021 - COGconnected - April 4th, 2021
- Google Play Pass now has over 800 games, apps - HT Tech - April 4th, 2021
- The Easiest Ways to Boost Your Gamerscore from the Xbox Games of March 2021 - TheXboxHub - April 4th, 2021
- Game of the Month: March 2021's Best PS5, PS4 Games - Pure PlayStation - April 4th, 2021
- This Weeks VR Game Roundup: New Archery Game, Kitchen Island VR - VR Fitness Insider - April 4th, 2021
- Best New Android Games This Week: The Wake, Quick Fire, Dual Summoners, and More - DroidGamers - April 4th, 2021
- It Takes Two review: This is how it runs on PC - Laptop Mag - April 4th, 2021
- Pillars of Active Aging - Old School Puzzles And Games To Promote Active Aging Brain Health - LNP | LancasterOnline - March 4th, 2021
- Tvinnr: Basic tips to help you enjoy this relaxing puzzle game - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- Maquette is a neat puzzle game that packs an emotional punch - The Next Web - March 4th, 2021
- Our most anticipated indie games of 2021 - Rock Paper Shotgun - March 4th, 2021
- MonkeyBox 2: Cards! is an upcoming puzzle adventure game for iOS from TheCodingMonkeys - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- Play with Gravity in Gravifire on Xbox and Switch - TheXboxHub - March 4th, 2021
- Lovin Games Weekly - There is a new Aliens game on the way - Lovin Dublin - March 4th, 2021
- It Takes Two Isn't Focusing on Replayability, Won't Have Collectibles - GameRant - March 4th, 2021
- The Video Games to Play This Month: Get Tiny with Maquette, It Takes Two, and More! - The Portland Mercury - March 4th, 2021
- 50% Kemco RPG and Puzzle Games on PS Store - GLYFE Nation - March 4th, 2021
- Super Rare Games giving immersive puzzle game Creaks a physical Switch release next week - GoNintendo - March 4th, 2021
- Every Uncharted Game, Ranked Worst To Best | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - March 4th, 2021
- 10 Games We Need To See On PSVR2 That Could Actually Happen On PS5 - TheGamer - March 4th, 2021
- PC Review - 'Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead' - WorthPlaying.com - March 4th, 2021
- The Next Hawks Coach Will Have to Solve the Trae Young Puzzle - The Ringer - March 4th, 2021
- Sponsored: 5 games that make you think like a programmer - Gamasutra - March 4th, 2021
- Inked review - "If only looks were everything" | Articles - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- From Portal to Witcher 3: The games people cheat at the most! - European Gaming Industry News - March 4th, 2021
- 5 Best PC Boxing games to play in 2021 - Gameranx - March 4th, 2021
- What Are the Most Popular Types of Mobile Game? | TechQuila - TechQuila - February 19th, 2021
- The Legend of Zelda games ranked! - The Guardian - February 19th, 2021
- Wordsmyth is a beautiful daily word game coming soon to iOS and Android - Pocket Gamer - February 19th, 2021
- Review: She Remembered Caterpillars - Movies Games and Tech - February 19th, 2021
- Artie raises $10 million as it pivots to make instant games - VentureBeat - February 19th, 2021
- Fortnite Creative gets callout for puzzles and platformers - AltChar - February 19th, 2021
- Top 10 games to download and play first on your new Apple iPhone - Gadget Bridge - February 19th, 2021
- Outer Wilds launches this summer on Nintendo Switch - Shacknews - February 19th, 2021
- Steam Developer Banned After Trying to Trick Users About Positive Reviews - VICE - February 19th, 2021
- Global Games and Puzzles Market 2020 Industry Analysis, Key Drivers, Business Strategy, Opportunities and Forecast to 2025 Express Keeper - Express... - February 19th, 2021
- Next 10 Classic Horror Games To Play If You Liked The Medium - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- Game stores seeing an increase in new customers since the COVID-19 pandemic - WeAreGreenBay.com - February 17th, 2021
- The First 10 Games Released On The PS2 (In Chronological Order) - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- Zynga Expects Its Mobile Gaming Empire to Grow More Than 30% In 2021 - Motley Fool - February 17th, 2021
- 8 Underrated Open-World Games (That Came Out In The Last 5 Years) - GameRant - February 17th, 2021
- The Room 4: Old Sins Is Out For PC, And Prettier Than Ever - Kotaku - February 17th, 2021
- Knight's Retreat Review - Chess but not! - TheXboxHub - February 17th, 2021
- Soapbox: We Were Here, the Free PS4 Game No One Will Play with Me - Push Square - February 17th, 2021
- PS5 : HuniePop 2, another title that joins Twitch's list of banned games - Explica - February 17th, 2021
- 10 VR Games That Don't Give You Motion Sickness - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- 10 Things You Never Knew About The Origins Of Tetris | Game Rant - GameRant - February 17th, 2021
- Games of the week: The Medium, Spire Blast, Encodya and Solas 128 - Inverness Courier - February 17th, 2021
- Nokia 5.4 review this ones for the stock Android fans on a tight budget - Business Insider India - February 17th, 2021
- Thorny Puzzle Title Room To Grow Is Coming To PC This Month - Bleeding Cool News - February 14th, 2021
- Imaginative Puzzle Game QV Heading To Steam | TheGamer - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- 10 Open World Games That Have No Combat | Game Rant - GameRant - February 14th, 2021
- Schell Games Talks I Expect You To Die 2 And VR's Future - UploadVR - February 14th, 2021
- ConnecTank Is a Multiplayer Tank Battle and Puzzle Game Coming This Fall - SuperParent - February 14th, 2021
- Best Valentines Day games for couples: top titles to play with your loved one - TechRadar - February 14th, 2021
- Outer Wilds And The Best Games That Use Time Loops - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- The Most Peaceful Games of 2020, Ranked | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - February 14th, 2021
- Best new mobile games on iOS and Android this February - Metro.co.uk - February 14th, 2021
- PS4 Update: Download This New F2P PlayStation 4 Game - RealSport101 - February 14th, 2021
- The Best Free PC Games of Multiple Category in 2021 - TechnoSports - February 14th, 2021
- The DeanBeat: Has the game industry hit its peak with crazy valuations or just begun its growth? - VentureBeat - February 14th, 2021
- Video game review: 'The Medium' a messy horror game with inventive puzzles - telegraphherald.com - February 14th, 2021
- TouchArcade Game of the Week: 'Knightin'+' - Touch Arcade - February 14th, 2021
- Numskull Games Offers Sneak Peek At Upcoming Titles, Reveals RICO London - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- Recursive Puzzle Game, Maquette, to be Released in March - mxdwn.com - February 11th, 2021
- Tackle thorny problems in 'Room to Grow' a plant pushing puzzle game launching on Steam for PC & Mac 25th February 2021! - Gamasutra - February 11th, 2021
- PS5 and PS4 free game bonus: Grab a friend and download co-op puzzler for free - Express - February 11th, 2021
- Somethings Fishy About This Steam Games Very Positive Reviews - Kotaku - February 11th, 2021
- Human Fall Flat Was Originally Designed To Be Portal Meets Limbo - TheGamer - February 11th, 2021
- Tilting Point will invest up to $60 million in user acquisition for Loop Games Match 3D game - VentureBeat - February 11th, 2021
- Every App And VR Game Coming To Oculus App Lab For Quest - UploadVR - February 11th, 2021
- Nuts Review- Hiding Above the Trees, Looking For Squirrels - DualShockers - February 11th, 2021
- A bit about our currently nameless game company, and what we're working on at the moment - Gamasutra - February 11th, 2021
- 'Breath Of The Wild' Reinvented Zelda Games. 'Bowser's Fury' Does That For Mario - Mashable India - February 11th, 2021
- Slipways was the best demo in the Steam Games Festival, but it's gone now - Rock Paper Shotgun - February 9th, 2021
- Move Over, Mother 3 - THESE Nintendo Games Should Be Localized Too - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 9th, 2021
- Solve puzzles in a recursive world where everything is simultaneously tiny and massive - PC Gamer - February 9th, 2021