Pokmon has released more spin-off titles than mainline games, and these are some of the worst Pokmon titles Nintendo has ever released.
ThePokmon Company is always looking for new ways to innovate with newPokmontitles, and unfortunately not every newPokmon game is a smash hit.Pokmon is the world's highest-grossing media franchise, with one of the largest reasons it holds that title being because of the immense amount of content - video games, movies, trading cards, etc. - ThePokmon Company is able to produce. However, with the vast number of video games thatPokmon has produced over the past 25 years, there have been some really bad spin-off titles.
Pokmon was introduced to the world in 1996 as a simple monster collecting game on the Nintendo Game Boy.Pokmon Red & Blue were the first-everPokmon video games, followed by a collectible card game, anime, movies, and seven additional generations ofPokmon. Anew mainlinePokmon game would be released every two or three years, but the wait for the next big release would be filled with spin-off titles. Some of the bestPokmon experiences come from the spin-off titles such asPokmon Snap for the Nintendo 64, thePokmon Rumble series, and the mobile sensationPokmon GO.
Related:All Main Pokmon Games Ranked Worst To Best
Some of these spin-offs, however, are the worstPokmon games ever made. Spin-offs tend to deviate away from the monster-catching element and focus more on building the world ofPokmon. Some games do a great job of showing off a different portion of thePokmon universe, while others present a lackluster or convoluted idea that doesn't quite sit right with players. Here are a few of the worstPokmon spin-off games that Nintendo should never remake.
ThePokmon anime does a great job of presenting the aforementioned facets of thePokmon universe that aren't shown in the main games. One of these isPokmon racing, which Ash Ketchum and the gang experienced in Season 1 Episode 32.Pokmon Dash similarly attempts to add a racing element to the world ofPokmon, but fails miserably.
Released on the Nintendo DS in 2005,Pokmon Dash relies heavily on the use of the system's touch screen to gain speed and direct thePokmon. Unfortunately, players only have control ofPikachu and can't select from any otherPokmon. The gameplay is very repetitive, controls are frustrating, and it continually throws gimmicks at the player to take them out of the action. Not saying that aPokmon racing title isn't a viable endeavor, butPokmon Dash needs to be left in the early 2000s.
It's baffling that Nintendo decided topublish not one but threePokmon Ranger titles. Unlike many otherPokmon spin-off games,Pokmon Ranger lets players catch Pokmon, but only momentarily. Instead of using aPok Ball, players would use their DS stylus to draw circles around a wildPokmon. This activates the players' Capture Styler, which looks eerily similar to a Beyblade.
Related:Pokmon Legends: Arceus' Starting Pokmon (& Where They Come From)
Once the player drew enough circles around aPokmon, thatPokmon would join their party only to be used once before returning to the wild.Pokmon Rangers are in charge of solving ecological mysteries and capturing criminals, but the gameplay is too repetitive and uninteresting to make players want to focus on its story. Other spin-offs like the Pokmon Colosseum series are much better examples of whatPokmon Ranger attempted.
There are a lot ofPokmon puzzle games that are very enjoyable to play. Someoffer unique takes on classic puzzle formats, while others just slap aPokmon skin on a popular time-killer.Pokmon Trozei! is arguably the worstPokmon puzzle game, and it's yet another title that lived and died on the Nintendo DS.
Pokmon Trozei! is similar to Tetris or Bejeweled where icons symbolizing differentPokmon are shuffled around the screen to make matches. It's nothing more than another match-4 game with the added bonus of aPokdex that keeps track of thePokmon the players have matched.It would be much better for Nintendo to releaseanotherPokmon Picrossor Pokmon Pinballbefore anotherPokmon Trozei!
There are many morePokmon spin-offs out there that aren't worth a reboot, but these are the worst offenders. With 2021 beingPokmon's 25th Anniversary, it wouldn't surprising to see a couple of Pokmon games released, but it would be disappointing if any of these were announced.
Next:What Happened To Pokmon's Misty?
Rockstar Doesn't Think Remasters Should Be 'Simple Ports'
Achievement Unlocked! You've found Zackerie Fairfax's hidden bio. Zack is a staff writer for Screen Rant covering a number of topics ranging from the latest streamer scandal to how many gigaflops are in an Xbox. When not writing about video games, he is playing them. Primarily niche 3D platformers/adventure games that only he thinks should be ported to every next-gen console for the rest of eternity.
See original here:
Worst Pokmon Spin-off Games Nintendo Should Never Remake - Screen Rant
- Aloof, the cutest puzzle-fighter ever, arrives on Switch later this year thanks to RedDeer.games - Gamasutra - July 21st, 2021
- Nintendo News: Shape Your Next Adventure With Three Additional Super NES Games Arriving to Nintendo Switch Online - Business Wire - July 21st, 2021
- 7 Billion Humans finally arrives on Android | Articles - Pocket Gamer - July 21st, 2021
- Do 2.7 billion gamers around the world hold the key to solving climate change? - Illinoisnewstoday.com - July 21st, 2021
- Skyward Sword HD Proves That Future Zelda Games Need Traditional Dungeons - Den of Geek - July 21st, 2021
- Five Games to Play While You Wait for Breath of the Wild 2 - The New York Times - July 21st, 2021
- ITALY. Land of Wonders lets you discover the cultural heritage of the country via puzzles, out now on iOS and Android - Pocket Gamer - July 21st, 2021
- miHoYo's Tears of Themis is Releasing July 29th for Mobile and Android - Goomba Stomp - July 21st, 2021
- Heres The Lowdown On That Kick-Ass 2.5D Cyberpunk Game - Kotaku - July 21st, 2021
- Arcsmith is a Quirky VR Puzzle Game from Thomas Was Alone Studio, Coming to Quest in July - Road to VR - July 7th, 2021
- Cat Detective Mimo and the Case of the Increasingly Meta Bank Heist - Alternate Reality Gaming Network - July 7th, 2021
- Solve Puzzles and Escape a Horrifying Mansion in The Tartarus Key - The Nerd Stash - July 7th, 2021
- Imagine that quest in Oblivion where you get stuck in a painting, but it's a whole puzzle game now - Rock Paper Shotgun - July 7th, 2021
- Xbox Cloud Gaming Is The Future, But Its Not There Yet - Kotaku - July 7th, 2021
- 30 Steam Games All Less Than $25 To Amuse Yourself With - PC Perspective - July 7th, 2021
- 'The Spectrum Retreat' Free On Epic Games Store, 'Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead' and 'Ironcast' Next Week - WorthPlaying.com - July 7th, 2021
- PlayStation Now Games Release Tomorrow And They Look Great - Pure PlayStation - July 7th, 2021
- A Tale Of Synapse: The Chaos Theories Review Pretty But Uneven Puzzles - News Nation USA - July 7th, 2021
- We're Open: Out of the Box includes unique games, puzzles, and toys - Fox17 - June 24th, 2021
- Seriously Addictive Mobile Games That Will Help You Kill Time - YouBeauty - June 24th, 2021
- Myst VR remake confirmed for release in Q3 2021 - NME - June 24th, 2021
- I Turned to Jigsaw Puzzles When My World Fell Apart - The New York Times - June 24th, 2021
- The Brilliant Puzzler 'Baba Is You' from Hempuli Just Released on iOS and Android with over 200 Levels Included - Touch Arcade - June 24th, 2021
- The Best N64 Games of All Time - Your Money Geek - June 24th, 2021
- The best video games of 2021 so far - The Guardian - June 24th, 2021
- Every Major Upcoming Aussie Indie Game You Should Keep An Eye On - Kotaku Australia - June 24th, 2021
- 35 Indie Games That Really Want Your Attention - Kotaku - June 24th, 2021
- Ticket to Ride: Track Switcher Is a Logic Puzzle Game for Kids and Adults - SuperParent - June 8th, 2021
- PlayStation Talent reveals 21 new indie titles ahead of E3 - NME.com - June 8th, 2021
- Tetris Effect Celebrates the Puzzler's Anniversary and Origin with Awesome Secret Stage - Push Square - June 8th, 2021
- Review: Bunny Factory - Movies Games and Tech - June 8th, 2021
- Universal Studios Japan has reopened to the public - Nintendo Wire - June 8th, 2021
- Eight awesome indie PC games you shouldnt miss this June - PCGamesN - June 8th, 2021
- Guerrilla Collective 2021 Day 1: All the Games Announced and Unveiled - TechnoSports - June 8th, 2021
- Unsigned: Finding the things we've lost in ourselves in Love A Puzzle Box filled with Stories | Business News - MCV/Develop - June 8th, 2021
- Fire Tonight brings heartfelt narrative puzzling to Switch, PC in August - Nintendo Enthusiast - June 8th, 2021
- Trenga Unlimited Is Rather Limited XSX Review But Why Tho? - But Why Tho? A Geek Community - May 27th, 2021
- 14 of the best hidden gems on Xbox Game Pass - The Guardian - May 27th, 2021
- Mondoku is a colorful number puzzle game that will be released on Android and iOS in the near future. - Gaming News - BollyInside - May 27th, 2021
- All You Need to Know Before Developing an Android Game App - TechBullion - May 27th, 2021
- New games coming to Xbox Game Pass this May include Knockout City and Maneater - PinkNews - May 27th, 2021
- Digital music festival Save & Sound kicks off this weekend with sales on Steam - Gamasutra - May 27th, 2021
- How to play Android games on your PC with BlueStacks - Android Central - May 27th, 2021
- Want To Make Your Kids Gaming Session Productive? Play These Educational Games - IWMBuzz - May 27th, 2021
- Word games for kids: Enhance your kid's creativity and learning - Times of India - May 27th, 2021
- Relive Your Childhood with the Best SNES Games - Your Money Geek - May 27th, 2021
- Portal Movie Revealed to be In Active Development - EsportsTalk - May 27th, 2021
- Maneater and Knockout City are among the Xbox Game Pass games available in May - Gaming News - BollyInside - May 27th, 2021
- The Chronos Principle is a minimalist puzzle game coming this week for iOS and Android - Pocket Gamer - May 15th, 2021
- Pokemon Games Never Change: For True Evolution, Play the Spin-Offs - PCMag - May 15th, 2021
- Game reviews: Resident Evil Village, New Pokemon Snap, Hood: Outlaws & Legends and Simon's Cat put to the test - Wales Online - May 15th, 2021
- NEO: The World Ends With You Hints at the Return of Another Old Friend - IGN Nordic - May 15th, 2021
- Exploring the Discourse on Wholesome Games - TechRaptor - May 15th, 2021
- What Are Some Underrated Games You Love That Nobody Talks About? - Kotaku Australia - May 15th, 2021
- New Pokemon Snap Successfully Modernizes the Classic N64 Formula - Den of Geek - May 15th, 2021
- New VR Games May 2021: All The Biggest Releases - UploadVR - May 3rd, 2021
- The Easiest Way to Boost Your Gamerscore with New Games and Xbox Game Pass Additions from April 2021 - TheXboxHub - May 3rd, 2021
- New Pokemon Snap Is Missing One Major Type of Puzzle From the Original Pokemon Snap - ComicBook.com - May 3rd, 2021
- Out of Line Hands-on Preview - Welcome to the Machine - COGconnected - May 3rd, 2021
- Solving puzzles as a spy duo in Operation: Tango is fun, but it needs to up the suspense - PC Gamer - May 3rd, 2021
- Outer Worlds DLC teased in a series of cryptic tweets - NME.com - May 3rd, 2021
- Ubisoft Switch Sale Has Deals On Everything From Assassin's Creed To Rayman - GameSpot - May 3rd, 2021
- Tweens and Teens for Mother's Day - Portsmouth Daily Times - May 3rd, 2021
- Puzzling Places to Launch on Oculus Quest Store This Fall - Road to VR - April 18th, 2021
- Eastern Illinois AD part of committee working on FCS playoff puzzle - ChicagoNow - April 18th, 2021
- Puzzle Bobble VR: Vacation Odyssey Will Arrive in May - Siliconera - April 18th, 2021
- Demonoid Allows You To Play Free Games Online on Web - Fortune India - April 18th, 2021
- 'Oxenfree II: Lost Signals' headlines a new crop of Switch indie games - Engadget - April 18th, 2021
- The Electronic Wireless Show Podcast episode 136: the best weather in games special - Rock Paper Shotgun - April 18th, 2021
- Kinda Funnys Blessing Jr. Does an Entire Episode of The Blessing Show From Within Dreams - PlayStation LifeStyle - April 18th, 2021
- 14 free apps and games for Android for a limited time | Technology Explica .co - Explica - April 18th, 2021
- 11 new Android games from the last week: The best, worst, and everything in between (3/29/21 - 4/4/21) - Android Police - April 4th, 2021
- Classic games like chess and Sudoku are now easier to play on iPhones and iPads - TechRadar - April 4th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Dungeon & Puzzles', 'Stick Fight: The Game', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - April 4th, 2021
- The Three Best and Worst Games of March 2021 - COGconnected - April 4th, 2021
- Google Play Pass now has over 800 games, apps - HT Tech - April 4th, 2021
- The Easiest Ways to Boost Your Gamerscore from the Xbox Games of March 2021 - TheXboxHub - April 4th, 2021
- Game of the Month: March 2021's Best PS5, PS4 Games - Pure PlayStation - April 4th, 2021
- This Weeks VR Game Roundup: New Archery Game, Kitchen Island VR - VR Fitness Insider - April 4th, 2021