So many teens live such active lifestyles and have so many commitments, that they normally have little to no time to spend with their grandparents, however, since the pandemic, I believe that so many of these teens have reconnected with their grandparents and want to be a bigger part of their lives.
Many of them were close to their grandparents when they were little but then, everything else got in the way. Then came the pandemic and they soon learned that not seeing their grandparents was not what they wanted to do. And most were never so thankful when they were once again able to hug their grandparents and spend time with them again. Now here we are Mothers Day upon us and you know that no gift is more important than spending time with those we love. With the focus on grandmothers and mothers, the what and how we do this to make memories that will last forever is essential.
The question is, how? Heres the good news creating precious memories with grandparents doesnt have to be extravagant. What matters most is having patience and an open mind to listen to grandparents interests and needs; sometimes it can be as simple as having a regular meal at their place over hearty conversation to make their week.
Families for Life had a few ideas that both teens and parents can try to foster inter-generational bonding, I may have changed a few things to better adapt to our area.
Cook Together Remember how dinner tables used to groan underneath the weight of all those scrumptious dishes lovingly prepared by grandparents? With grandparents getting on in their years, it may be tiring for them to cook up a storm for the family. Heres where teens and parents can step in to pick up the wok to learn secret family recipes. Not only is cooking together fun and helps bonding, it will also ensure the family recipes will be passed down to the next generation.
Take a Trip down Memory Lane Reliving memories together with grandparents can be an exciting affair. Teens may have to do a bit of digging beforehand to find out about their grandparents favorite childhood snacks, hangouts and activities. But seeing the glow of contentment on their face as theyre brought around the island to reminisce their past will be well worth it.
Plan a Sleepover Recall the days when kids clamor for sleepover adventures at their grandparents place? How about planning an encore to transport everyone back to the past? Be sure to bring along snacks and a listening ear; it is going to be an unforgettable evening of soul-bearing and perhaps a few fun stories about the parents when they were kids! Or if everyone is feeling adventurous, why not have a blast together over video games as well!
Binge on a New Television Programme Together How about watching the latest drama together? Shedding a tear or laughing your hearts out over the plot make for a fun and heart-warming day with grandparents.
Sign up for a Course Together Were never too old to learn, and sometimes our area might have a wide range of activities to sign up for or you can share one online. Whether its cooking a new type of cuisine, fabric crafting, practicing calligraphy or mastering a new instrument, learning something new together is always a great opportunity for deeper conversations and quality time.
This site also had several ideas for the family to get together while honoring the most important women in their lives. They are dedicated for children and their mothers, but can always be used as you see fit.
Family Reunion Nothing would please a mother more than the sight of all her children and grandchildren gathered in her honour. Set the table, prepare a scrumptious dinner and make a toast to the joyous occasion. Dont forget to take a family photo at the end!
Mothers Day Brunch For all the early mornings where mom has swiftly packed your school lunches and got you ready for your day, surprise her with a delicious brunch with the family. Take her out to a fancy restaurant where she can blissfully eat her pancakes without having to worry about you or the grandchildren.
Movie Marathon There is nothing more intimate and homely than watching a good movie together with good company. Pick your mothers favorite movie or watch the beloved classics from her younger days. Make her feel special and appreciated by choosing movies with motherhood and family themes.
Weekend Getaway Pack those suitcases and organize a short trip to a nearby resort. Your mother will appreciate the effort and will savor the spontaneity of the moment. Also, nothing spells fun like an impromptu family holiday.
Scrapbooking Spree Bring out the family albums and get your creative juices flowing as you create a family scrapbook. Have a good laugh along the way as you go through old memories with your mother.(Grandmother and mother could do this one to share Mothers Day too.)
Sweet Treats Does your mother have a sweet tooth? Treat her to a mouth-watering basket of her favorite goodies to remind her how much you love her. Make it even more special by bringing the whole family together to bake and prepare these sweet treats.
Spa Retreat Put a smile on her face by treating her to a ladies-only spa retreat. To take it up a notch, get the help of your family members to host a spa day at home. Light up some candles to set the ambience and allow her to wind down. Ensure that your mother gets the invigorating treatment that she deserves.
This last section is just for the tweens and teens to do for their mothers: Give this list to your tween and teen to ponder.
No one knows you like your mother. Most of us would agree with this statement, so this Mothers Day, why dont you design a game which your mother will definitely ace and make gift-giving fun and interesting.
Choose a Game (Families for Life)
Turn a series of questions and answers into a fun and interactive game for your mother to play. Here are 2 which you might want to try.
QR Treasure Hunt- Use this QR treasure hunt generator tool from Classtools.net to generate QR codes. These are special designs that your mobile phone can read.
Make a list of your and your mothers favorite things and places around the home. Questions such as: Which room do you spend the most time in? Find Lisas favorite jacket, Go to the cupboard where Andy hides his chocolates are great examples. Use the QR generator to create codes for each question. Paste them around the house and get your mother to use her mobile phone to scan them and see if she can answer the questions correctly. Each time she answers a question, she will get the answer to where the next QR code is hidden. The last QR code would lead her to her mothers day present.
I Love You Crossword
Make a list of all the words you associate with your mother. Words like love, fun and kind are great; also words that relate to activities that are unique to your mother such as: photographer, cook, singer can be included. Favorite things such as coffee, roses and cheesecake are good to add. You might even include your gift to her in the list of words that you choose.
Create a set of questions that match the words which youve chosen. For example, What do you drink for breakfast every day would match coffee.
Then use these questions to generate your very own crossword puzzle for your mother. Use tools such as this crossword generator from crossword-compiler.com to help you. Get your mother to play the crossword puzzle game and give her a hug, kiss and her gift afterward.
Make Mothers Day special for those women you love and help your children out too so they can do things for you and or grandmothers this year. A big shout out to all mothers this year, but especially those who have been doing double duty or did double duty as teacher and mother! God bless you all!
Let me know any ideas you have or what you would like to see and Ill get right on it for you. Email me at email@example.com
Remember to be kind and love each other and continue to set a good example for our children. See you next week with new ideas and ways to help your children or ideas that may help you as you raise your children in some way.
Happy Mothers Day to all!
Reach Kimberly Jenkins (740)353-3101 ext. 1928
2021 Portsmouth Daily Times, all rights
- Aloof, the cutest puzzle-fighter ever, arrives on Switch later this year thanks to RedDeer.games - Gamasutra - July 21st, 2021
- Nintendo News: Shape Your Next Adventure With Three Additional Super NES Games Arriving to Nintendo Switch Online - Business Wire - July 21st, 2021
- 7 Billion Humans finally arrives on Android | Articles - Pocket Gamer - July 21st, 2021
- Do 2.7 billion gamers around the world hold the key to solving climate change? - Illinoisnewstoday.com - July 21st, 2021
- Skyward Sword HD Proves That Future Zelda Games Need Traditional Dungeons - Den of Geek - July 21st, 2021
- Five Games to Play While You Wait for Breath of the Wild 2 - The New York Times - July 21st, 2021
- ITALY. Land of Wonders lets you discover the cultural heritage of the country via puzzles, out now on iOS and Android - Pocket Gamer - July 21st, 2021
- miHoYo's Tears of Themis is Releasing July 29th for Mobile and Android - Goomba Stomp - July 21st, 2021
- Heres The Lowdown On That Kick-Ass 2.5D Cyberpunk Game - Kotaku - July 21st, 2021
- Arcsmith is a Quirky VR Puzzle Game from Thomas Was Alone Studio, Coming to Quest in July - Road to VR - July 7th, 2021
- Cat Detective Mimo and the Case of the Increasingly Meta Bank Heist - Alternate Reality Gaming Network - July 7th, 2021
- Solve Puzzles and Escape a Horrifying Mansion in The Tartarus Key - The Nerd Stash - July 7th, 2021
- Imagine that quest in Oblivion where you get stuck in a painting, but it's a whole puzzle game now - Rock Paper Shotgun - July 7th, 2021
- Xbox Cloud Gaming Is The Future, But Its Not There Yet - Kotaku - July 7th, 2021
- 30 Steam Games All Less Than $25 To Amuse Yourself With - PC Perspective - July 7th, 2021
- 'The Spectrum Retreat' Free On Epic Games Store, 'Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead' and 'Ironcast' Next Week - WorthPlaying.com - July 7th, 2021
- PlayStation Now Games Release Tomorrow And They Look Great - Pure PlayStation - July 7th, 2021
- A Tale Of Synapse: The Chaos Theories Review Pretty But Uneven Puzzles - News Nation USA - July 7th, 2021
- We're Open: Out of the Box includes unique games, puzzles, and toys - Fox17 - June 24th, 2021
- Seriously Addictive Mobile Games That Will Help You Kill Time - YouBeauty - June 24th, 2021
- Myst VR remake confirmed for release in Q3 2021 - NME - June 24th, 2021
- I Turned to Jigsaw Puzzles When My World Fell Apart - The New York Times - June 24th, 2021
- The Brilliant Puzzler 'Baba Is You' from Hempuli Just Released on iOS and Android with over 200 Levels Included - Touch Arcade - June 24th, 2021
- The Best N64 Games of All Time - Your Money Geek - June 24th, 2021
- The best video games of 2021 so far - The Guardian - June 24th, 2021
- Every Major Upcoming Aussie Indie Game You Should Keep An Eye On - Kotaku Australia - June 24th, 2021
- 35 Indie Games That Really Want Your Attention - Kotaku - June 24th, 2021
- Ticket to Ride: Track Switcher Is a Logic Puzzle Game for Kids and Adults - SuperParent - June 8th, 2021
- PlayStation Talent reveals 21 new indie titles ahead of E3 - NME.com - June 8th, 2021
- Tetris Effect Celebrates the Puzzler's Anniversary and Origin with Awesome Secret Stage - Push Square - June 8th, 2021
- Review: Bunny Factory - Movies Games and Tech - June 8th, 2021
- Universal Studios Japan has reopened to the public - Nintendo Wire - June 8th, 2021
- Eight awesome indie PC games you shouldnt miss this June - PCGamesN - June 8th, 2021
- Guerrilla Collective 2021 Day 1: All the Games Announced and Unveiled - TechnoSports - June 8th, 2021
- Unsigned: Finding the things we've lost in ourselves in Love A Puzzle Box filled with Stories | Business News - MCV/Develop - June 8th, 2021
- Fire Tonight brings heartfelt narrative puzzling to Switch, PC in August - Nintendo Enthusiast - June 8th, 2021
- Trenga Unlimited Is Rather Limited XSX Review But Why Tho? - But Why Tho? A Geek Community - May 27th, 2021
- 14 of the best hidden gems on Xbox Game Pass - The Guardian - May 27th, 2021
- Mondoku is a colorful number puzzle game that will be released on Android and iOS in the near future. - Gaming News - BollyInside - May 27th, 2021
- All You Need to Know Before Developing an Android Game App - TechBullion - May 27th, 2021
- New games coming to Xbox Game Pass this May include Knockout City and Maneater - PinkNews - May 27th, 2021
- Digital music festival Save & Sound kicks off this weekend with sales on Steam - Gamasutra - May 27th, 2021
- How to play Android games on your PC with BlueStacks - Android Central - May 27th, 2021
- Want To Make Your Kids Gaming Session Productive? Play These Educational Games - IWMBuzz - May 27th, 2021
- Word games for kids: Enhance your kid's creativity and learning - Times of India - May 27th, 2021
- Relive Your Childhood with the Best SNES Games - Your Money Geek - May 27th, 2021
- Portal Movie Revealed to be In Active Development - EsportsTalk - May 27th, 2021
- Maneater and Knockout City are among the Xbox Game Pass games available in May - Gaming News - BollyInside - May 27th, 2021
- The Chronos Principle is a minimalist puzzle game coming this week for iOS and Android - Pocket Gamer - May 15th, 2021
- Pokemon Games Never Change: For True Evolution, Play the Spin-Offs - PCMag - May 15th, 2021
- Game reviews: Resident Evil Village, New Pokemon Snap, Hood: Outlaws & Legends and Simon's Cat put to the test - Wales Online - May 15th, 2021
- NEO: The World Ends With You Hints at the Return of Another Old Friend - IGN Nordic - May 15th, 2021
- Exploring the Discourse on Wholesome Games - TechRaptor - May 15th, 2021
- What Are Some Underrated Games You Love That Nobody Talks About? - Kotaku Australia - May 15th, 2021
- New Pokemon Snap Successfully Modernizes the Classic N64 Formula - Den of Geek - May 15th, 2021
- New VR Games May 2021: All The Biggest Releases - UploadVR - May 3rd, 2021
- The Easiest Way to Boost Your Gamerscore with New Games and Xbox Game Pass Additions from April 2021 - TheXboxHub - May 3rd, 2021
- New Pokemon Snap Is Missing One Major Type of Puzzle From the Original Pokemon Snap - ComicBook.com - May 3rd, 2021
- Out of Line Hands-on Preview - Welcome to the Machine - COGconnected - May 3rd, 2021
- Solving puzzles as a spy duo in Operation: Tango is fun, but it needs to up the suspense - PC Gamer - May 3rd, 2021
- Outer Worlds DLC teased in a series of cryptic tweets - NME.com - May 3rd, 2021
- Ubisoft Switch Sale Has Deals On Everything From Assassin's Creed To Rayman - GameSpot - May 3rd, 2021
- Puzzling Places to Launch on Oculus Quest Store This Fall - Road to VR - April 18th, 2021
- Eastern Illinois AD part of committee working on FCS playoff puzzle - ChicagoNow - April 18th, 2021
- Puzzle Bobble VR: Vacation Odyssey Will Arrive in May - Siliconera - April 18th, 2021
- Demonoid Allows You To Play Free Games Online on Web - Fortune India - April 18th, 2021
- 'Oxenfree II: Lost Signals' headlines a new crop of Switch indie games - Engadget - April 18th, 2021
- The Electronic Wireless Show Podcast episode 136: the best weather in games special - Rock Paper Shotgun - April 18th, 2021
- Kinda Funnys Blessing Jr. Does an Entire Episode of The Blessing Show From Within Dreams - PlayStation LifeStyle - April 18th, 2021
- 14 free apps and games for Android for a limited time | Technology Explica .co - Explica - April 18th, 2021
- 11 new Android games from the last week: The best, worst, and everything in between (3/29/21 - 4/4/21) - Android Police - April 4th, 2021
- Classic games like chess and Sudoku are now easier to play on iPhones and iPads - TechRadar - April 4th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Dungeon & Puzzles', 'Stick Fight: The Game', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - April 4th, 2021
- The Three Best and Worst Games of March 2021 - COGconnected - April 4th, 2021
- Google Play Pass now has over 800 games, apps - HT Tech - April 4th, 2021
- The Easiest Ways to Boost Your Gamerscore from the Xbox Games of March 2021 - TheXboxHub - April 4th, 2021
- Game of the Month: March 2021's Best PS5, PS4 Games - Pure PlayStation - April 4th, 2021
- This Weeks VR Game Roundup: New Archery Game, Kitchen Island VR - VR Fitness Insider - April 4th, 2021
- Best New Android Games This Week: The Wake, Quick Fire, Dual Summoners, and More - DroidGamers - April 4th, 2021