So many teens live such active lifestyles and have so many commitments, that they normally have little to no time to spend with their grandparents, however, since the pandemic, I believe that so many of these teens have reconnected with their grandparents and want to be a bigger part of their lives.
Many of them were close to their grandparents when they were little but then, everything else got in the way. Then came the pandemic and they soon learned that not seeing their grandparents was not what they wanted to do. And most were never so thankful when they were once again able to hug their grandparents and spend time with them again. Now here we are Mothers Day upon us and you know that no gift is more important than spending time with those we love. With the focus on grandmothers and mothers, the what and how we do this to make memories that will last forever is essential.
The question is, how? Heres the good news creating precious memories with grandparents doesnt have to be extravagant. What matters most is having patience and an open mind to listen to grandparents interests and needs; sometimes it can be as simple as having a regular meal at their place over hearty conversation to make their week.
Families for Life had a few ideas that both teens and parents can try to foster inter-generational bonding, I may have changed a few things to better adapt to our area.
Cook Together Remember how dinner tables used to groan underneath the weight of all those scrumptious dishes lovingly prepared by grandparents? With grandparents getting on in their years, it may be tiring for them to cook up a storm for the family. Heres where teens and parents can step in to pick up the wok to learn secret family recipes. Not only is cooking together fun and helps bonding, it will also ensure the family recipes will be passed down to the next generation.
Take a Trip down Memory Lane Reliving memories together with grandparents can be an exciting affair. Teens may have to do a bit of digging beforehand to find out about their grandparents favorite childhood snacks, hangouts and activities. But seeing the glow of contentment on their face as theyre brought around the island to reminisce their past will be well worth it.
Plan a Sleepover Recall the days when kids clamor for sleepover adventures at their grandparents place? How about planning an encore to transport everyone back to the past? Be sure to bring along snacks and a listening ear; it is going to be an unforgettable evening of soul-bearing and perhaps a few fun stories about the parents when they were kids! Or if everyone is feeling adventurous, why not have a blast together over video games as well!
Binge on a New Television Programme Together How about watching the latest drama together? Shedding a tear or laughing your hearts out over the plot make for a fun and heart-warming day with grandparents.
Sign up for a Course Together Were never too old to learn, and sometimes our area might have a wide range of activities to sign up for or you can share one online. Whether its cooking a new type of cuisine, fabric crafting, practicing calligraphy or mastering a new instrument, learning something new together is always a great opportunity for deeper conversations and quality time.
This site also had several ideas for the family to get together while honoring the most important women in their lives. They are dedicated for children and their mothers, but can always be used as you see fit.
Family Reunion Nothing would please a mother more than the sight of all her children and grandchildren gathered in her honour. Set the table, prepare a scrumptious dinner and make a toast to the joyous occasion. Dont forget to take a family photo at the end!
Mothers Day Brunch For all the early mornings where mom has swiftly packed your school lunches and got you ready for your day, surprise her with a delicious brunch with the family. Take her out to a fancy restaurant where she can blissfully eat her pancakes without having to worry about you or the grandchildren.
Movie Marathon There is nothing more intimate and homely than watching a good movie together with good company. Pick your mothers favorite movie or watch the beloved classics from her younger days. Make her feel special and appreciated by choosing movies with motherhood and family themes.
Weekend Getaway Pack those suitcases and organize a short trip to a nearby resort. Your mother will appreciate the effort and will savor the spontaneity of the moment. Also, nothing spells fun like an impromptu family holiday.
Scrapbooking Spree Bring out the family albums and get your creative juices flowing as you create a family scrapbook. Have a good laugh along the way as you go through old memories with your mother.(Grandmother and mother could do this one to share Mothers Day too.)
Sweet Treats Does your mother have a sweet tooth? Treat her to a mouth-watering basket of her favorite goodies to remind her how much you love her. Make it even more special by bringing the whole family together to bake and prepare these sweet treats.
Spa Retreat Put a smile on her face by treating her to a ladies-only spa retreat. To take it up a notch, get the help of your family members to host a spa day at home. Light up some candles to set the ambience and allow her to wind down. Ensure that your mother gets the invigorating treatment that she deserves.
This last section is just for the tweens and teens to do for their mothers: Give this list to your tween and teen to ponder.
No one knows you like your mother. Most of us would agree with this statement, so this Mothers Day, why dont you design a game which your mother will definitely ace and make gift-giving fun and interesting.
Choose a Game (Families for Life)
Turn a series of questions and answers into a fun and interactive game for your mother to play. Here are 2 which you might want to try.
QR Treasure Hunt- Use this QR treasure hunt generator tool from Classtools.net to generate QR codes. These are special designs that your mobile phone can read.
Make a list of your and your mothers favorite things and places around the home. Questions such as: Which room do you spend the most time in? Find Lisas favorite jacket, Go to the cupboard where Andy hides his chocolates are great examples. Use the QR generator to create codes for each question. Paste them around the house and get your mother to use her mobile phone to scan them and see if she can answer the questions correctly. Each time she answers a question, she will get the answer to where the next QR code is hidden. The last QR code would lead her to her mothers day present.
I Love You Crossword
Make a list of all the words you associate with your mother. Words like love, fun and kind are great; also words that relate to activities that are unique to your mother such as: photographer, cook, singer can be included. Favorite things such as coffee, roses and cheesecake are good to add. You might even include your gift to her in the list of words that you choose.
Create a set of questions that match the words which youve chosen. For example, What do you drink for breakfast every day would match coffee.
Then use these questions to generate your very own crossword puzzle for your mother. Use tools such as this crossword generator from crossword-compiler.com to help you. Get your mother to play the crossword puzzle game and give her a hug, kiss and her gift afterward.
Make Mothers Day special for those women you love and help your children out too so they can do things for you and or grandmothers this year. A big shout out to all mothers this year, but especially those who have been doing double duty or did double duty as teacher and mother! God bless you all!
Let me know any ideas you have or what you would like to see and Ill get right on it for you. Email me at email@example.com
Remember to be kind and love each other and continue to set a good example for our children. See you next week with new ideas and ways to help your children or ideas that may help you as you raise your children in some way.
Happy Mothers Day to all!
Reach Kimberly Jenkins (740)353-3101 ext. 1928
2021 Portsmouth Daily Times, all rights
- New VR Games May 2021: All The Biggest Releases - UploadVR - May 3rd, 2021
- The Easiest Way to Boost Your Gamerscore with New Games and Xbox Game Pass Additions from April 2021 - TheXboxHub - May 3rd, 2021
- New Pokemon Snap Is Missing One Major Type of Puzzle From the Original Pokemon Snap - ComicBook.com - May 3rd, 2021
- Out of Line Hands-on Preview - Welcome to the Machine - COGconnected - May 3rd, 2021
- Solving puzzles as a spy duo in Operation: Tango is fun, but it needs to up the suspense - PC Gamer - May 3rd, 2021
- Outer Worlds DLC teased in a series of cryptic tweets - NME.com - May 3rd, 2021
- Ubisoft Switch Sale Has Deals On Everything From Assassin's Creed To Rayman - GameSpot - May 3rd, 2021
- Puzzling Places to Launch on Oculus Quest Store This Fall - Road to VR - April 18th, 2021
- Eastern Illinois AD part of committee working on FCS playoff puzzle - ChicagoNow - April 18th, 2021
- Puzzle Bobble VR: Vacation Odyssey Will Arrive in May - Siliconera - April 18th, 2021
- Demonoid Allows You To Play Free Games Online on Web - Fortune India - April 18th, 2021
- 'Oxenfree II: Lost Signals' headlines a new crop of Switch indie games - Engadget - April 18th, 2021
- The Electronic Wireless Show Podcast episode 136: the best weather in games special - Rock Paper Shotgun - April 18th, 2021
- Kinda Funnys Blessing Jr. Does an Entire Episode of The Blessing Show From Within Dreams - PlayStation LifeStyle - April 18th, 2021
- 14 free apps and games for Android for a limited time | Technology Explica .co - Explica - April 18th, 2021
- 11 new Android games from the last week: The best, worst, and everything in between (3/29/21 - 4/4/21) - Android Police - April 4th, 2021
- Classic games like chess and Sudoku are now easier to play on iPhones and iPads - TechRadar - April 4th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Dungeon & Puzzles', 'Stick Fight: The Game', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - April 4th, 2021
- The Three Best and Worst Games of March 2021 - COGconnected - April 4th, 2021
- Google Play Pass now has over 800 games, apps - HT Tech - April 4th, 2021
- The Easiest Ways to Boost Your Gamerscore from the Xbox Games of March 2021 - TheXboxHub - April 4th, 2021
- Game of the Month: March 2021's Best PS5, PS4 Games - Pure PlayStation - April 4th, 2021
- This Weeks VR Game Roundup: New Archery Game, Kitchen Island VR - VR Fitness Insider - April 4th, 2021
- Best New Android Games This Week: The Wake, Quick Fire, Dual Summoners, and More - DroidGamers - April 4th, 2021
- It Takes Two review: This is how it runs on PC - Laptop Mag - April 4th, 2021
- Pillars of Active Aging - Old School Puzzles And Games To Promote Active Aging Brain Health - LNP | LancasterOnline - March 4th, 2021
- Tvinnr: Basic tips to help you enjoy this relaxing puzzle game - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- Maquette is a neat puzzle game that packs an emotional punch - The Next Web - March 4th, 2021
- Our most anticipated indie games of 2021 - Rock Paper Shotgun - March 4th, 2021
- MonkeyBox 2: Cards! is an upcoming puzzle adventure game for iOS from TheCodingMonkeys - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- Play with Gravity in Gravifire on Xbox and Switch - TheXboxHub - March 4th, 2021
- Lovin Games Weekly - There is a new Aliens game on the way - Lovin Dublin - March 4th, 2021
- It Takes Two Isn't Focusing on Replayability, Won't Have Collectibles - GameRant - March 4th, 2021
- The Video Games to Play This Month: Get Tiny with Maquette, It Takes Two, and More! - The Portland Mercury - March 4th, 2021
- 50% Kemco RPG and Puzzle Games on PS Store - GLYFE Nation - March 4th, 2021
- Worst Pokmon Spin-off Games Nintendo Should Never Remake - Screen Rant - March 4th, 2021
- Super Rare Games giving immersive puzzle game Creaks a physical Switch release next week - GoNintendo - March 4th, 2021
- Every Uncharted Game, Ranked Worst To Best | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - March 4th, 2021
- 10 Games We Need To See On PSVR2 That Could Actually Happen On PS5 - TheGamer - March 4th, 2021
- PC Review - 'Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead' - WorthPlaying.com - March 4th, 2021
- The Next Hawks Coach Will Have to Solve the Trae Young Puzzle - The Ringer - March 4th, 2021
- Sponsored: 5 games that make you think like a programmer - Gamasutra - March 4th, 2021
- Inked review - "If only looks were everything" | Articles - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- From Portal to Witcher 3: The games people cheat at the most! - European Gaming Industry News - March 4th, 2021
- 5 Best PC Boxing games to play in 2021 - Gameranx - March 4th, 2021
- What Are the Most Popular Types of Mobile Game? | TechQuila - TechQuila - February 19th, 2021
- The Legend of Zelda games ranked! - The Guardian - February 19th, 2021
- Wordsmyth is a beautiful daily word game coming soon to iOS and Android - Pocket Gamer - February 19th, 2021
- Review: She Remembered Caterpillars - Movies Games and Tech - February 19th, 2021
- Artie raises $10 million as it pivots to make instant games - VentureBeat - February 19th, 2021
- Fortnite Creative gets callout for puzzles and platformers - AltChar - February 19th, 2021
- Top 10 games to download and play first on your new Apple iPhone - Gadget Bridge - February 19th, 2021
- Outer Wilds launches this summer on Nintendo Switch - Shacknews - February 19th, 2021
- Steam Developer Banned After Trying to Trick Users About Positive Reviews - VICE - February 19th, 2021
- Global Games and Puzzles Market 2020 Industry Analysis, Key Drivers, Business Strategy, Opportunities and Forecast to 2025 Express Keeper - Express... - February 19th, 2021
- Next 10 Classic Horror Games To Play If You Liked The Medium - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- Game stores seeing an increase in new customers since the COVID-19 pandemic - WeAreGreenBay.com - February 17th, 2021
- The First 10 Games Released On The PS2 (In Chronological Order) - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- Zynga Expects Its Mobile Gaming Empire to Grow More Than 30% In 2021 - Motley Fool - February 17th, 2021
- 8 Underrated Open-World Games (That Came Out In The Last 5 Years) - GameRant - February 17th, 2021
- The Room 4: Old Sins Is Out For PC, And Prettier Than Ever - Kotaku - February 17th, 2021
- Knight's Retreat Review - Chess but not! - TheXboxHub - February 17th, 2021
- Soapbox: We Were Here, the Free PS4 Game No One Will Play with Me - Push Square - February 17th, 2021
- PS5 : HuniePop 2, another title that joins Twitch's list of banned games - Explica - February 17th, 2021
- 10 VR Games That Don't Give You Motion Sickness - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- 10 Things You Never Knew About The Origins Of Tetris | Game Rant - GameRant - February 17th, 2021
- Games of the week: The Medium, Spire Blast, Encodya and Solas 128 - Inverness Courier - February 17th, 2021
- Nokia 5.4 review this ones for the stock Android fans on a tight budget - Business Insider India - February 17th, 2021
- Thorny Puzzle Title Room To Grow Is Coming To PC This Month - Bleeding Cool News - February 14th, 2021
- Imaginative Puzzle Game QV Heading To Steam | TheGamer - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- 10 Open World Games That Have No Combat | Game Rant - GameRant - February 14th, 2021
- Schell Games Talks I Expect You To Die 2 And VR's Future - UploadVR - February 14th, 2021
- ConnecTank Is a Multiplayer Tank Battle and Puzzle Game Coming This Fall - SuperParent - February 14th, 2021
- Best Valentines Day games for couples: top titles to play with your loved one - TechRadar - February 14th, 2021
- Outer Wilds And The Best Games That Use Time Loops - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- The Most Peaceful Games of 2020, Ranked | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - February 14th, 2021
- Best new mobile games on iOS and Android this February - Metro.co.uk - February 14th, 2021
- PS4 Update: Download This New F2P PlayStation 4 Game - RealSport101 - February 14th, 2021
- The Best Free PC Games of Multiple Category in 2021 - TechnoSports - February 14th, 2021
- The DeanBeat: Has the game industry hit its peak with crazy valuations or just begun its growth? - VentureBeat - February 14th, 2021