Anyone for golf? The Switch gains two very different golfgames this week. Team 17s Golf With Your Friends focuses on multiplayer,complete with offbeat power-ups. Switch-exclusive WHAT THE GOLF? pridesitself of being made by people who know nothing about golf, meanwhile, crankingup the silliness. Everythings a ball even a poor old horse.
GameSpotgave WHAT THE GOLF? the review treatment, resulting in a 9/10. Its stillwildly funny, weird, and lots of fun, and if it was just the campaign again, itwould still be the best version of the game thanks to the ability to switchbetween touch and stick controlsbut the addition of Party Mode reallyelevates the whole package, they said.
Coincidentally, two very different procedurally generated horror adventures are now available. Monstrum is set on a cargo ship filled AI driven predators, while The Persistence boldly goes into space and features resource gathering, upgradable abilities and a story based around bringing a ship back to Earth safely.
Nintendo Life gave The Persistence a going over. Firesprite Games has done a fantastic job of porting the entire ghoulish affair over to Switch, with flawless performance in both docked and handheld modes; overall, this is another very strong addition to the consoles ever-expanding collection of excellent roguelite experiences, they reported.
Former Wii U exclusive The Wonderful 101: Remastered needs no introduction. Nintendo Life found the hyperactive hack n slasher deserving of an 8/10. Marrying astonishing spectacle and overwrought drama, The Wonderful 101: Remastered is one of the most memorable action games youll ever play. Its delirious excesses come with a price, and its one thats at little harder to forgive this time, with the originals flaws remaining untouched, and a few compromises made to accommodate the Wii U versions dual-screen set-pieces, was their verdict.
Then theres Concept Destruction, a spiritual successorof sorts to Destruction Derby. It features similar floaty physics, but has a vastlydifferent visual style the vehicles and arenas are constructed from cardboard.Fluxteria is similarly intriguing, being an arcade space shooter resemblingStarfox minus the amphomorphic animals.
Other new releases include the retro-style puzzler Pushyand Pully in Blockland, monstrous dating sim Monster Prom: XXL, andthe pixel art mystery Arrest of a stone Buddha.
The Persistence 24.99
The Persistence challenges you to survive aboard a doomeddeep space colony starship in the year 2521. Stranded, malfunctioning andcaught in the inexorable pull of a black hole, The Persistence is overrunwith a crew mutated into horrific & murderous aberrations. Its down toyou, a clone of security officer Zimri Eder, to make your way deeper in thedecks of The Persistence to repair the systems and prevent the ship from beingtorn apart. Gather resources, upgrade abilities and fabricate an arsenal ofweapons in this brutal sci-fi horror roguelike.
Cannibal Cuisine 11.69
The god Hoochooboo is hungry for you. But as all goodcannibal cooks know, serving is better than being served.
Ready, steady, cook your way through 20+ levels in a fullcampaign across the island. Visit the jungle, temples, beaches and alavalicious volcano!
In LUXAR, you control an alien luminescent organic entitythat has just been born and must pass its first survival trials to show itsadult peers that it deserves to grow among them. It will have to cross 16 darkand hostile sectors with labyrinth-shaped alien architectures populated bytoxic substances, obstacles, patrol drones and mechanisms of all kinds.
You are its only chance to make it happen
Knight Swap 2 0.89
Knight Swap is a minimalist puzzle game based on the oldchess problem of swapping knights on a board.
The goal in each level is to move the opposing knights towhere the others are placed (and vice versa) using the features of the board.
Golf With Your Friends 14.99
Nothing is out of bounds as you take on 9 courses filledwith fast paced, exciting, simultaneous mini golf for up to 12 players!
Pushy and Pully in Blockland 9.99
Pushy and Pully in Blockland Push is a cooperative arcadegame with a retro feeling.
Help Pushy and Pully get back their spaceship on their tripacross Blockland.
Push blocks to defeat the monsters, join blocks of the samecolour to get power ups and defeat the bosses to recover the parts of yourbroken spaceship.
WHAT THE GOLF? 17.99
An award-winning silly physics-based golf parody where everygolf course is a new surprising type of golf, some brilliant or hilarious,others so absurd they will make you go: WHAT THE GOLF?
Bring your car to the Driving Range, golf a bird to get aBirdy, or a house and get a Home In One!
Challenge a friend to the least realistic golf game evermade in the new local party mode for two. Only available on Nintendo Switch.
Zenge is a peculiar puzzle game, telling the story of Eon a lonely journeyman whos stuck between the worlds and time.
Game is intended to be a relaxing experience, thus there areno points, stars, tutorials, move counters, in game shops or any other distractors.Just pure, immersive journey with Eon, told through gorgeous art and music.
Made by Michal Hamster Pawlowski and KonradJanuszewski (he drew it!).
Welcome to Fluxteria, non-stop arcade-space-shooting actionin full 3D.
Four modes of play: Story Mode, Survival Mode, Timed-AttackMode and Obstacle Race Mode.
14 different types of Enemies.
20 different levels in beautifully stylized science-fictionsetting.
Crystal-Clear shooting and blasting sound effects.
Lost Artifacts: Time Machine 7.89
A mysterious villain is using a time machine to destroyeverything in his path. He wants to return the Priest, the King of Atlantis andthe Ancient Emperor so he can use them to create a new world order! Claire andher friends must find out who the villain is and stop him and all his minions.
Hurry, lets go on a journey!
Go on a journey across a world full of extinct creatures andfantastic technologies in the exciting casual strategy Lost Artifacts.
Arrest of a stone Buddha 13.49
As a professional killer youll live through November 1976;when taking on enemies youre fast and lucky enough so you dont need to planyour actions too far. You kill with one shot and you never miss. When you runout of ammo you just throw a gun away. You can disarm any enemy and use anyweapon; when its time to get out you just use a vehicle nearby.
You have an apartment in the historical center of the city.When you want to eat you go to a cafe, and you can visit a museum or a cinemawhen youre looking for entertainment. And you have a lover when that needarises. Around the intense action there is the mundane, as you seek to passyour days.
Steel Rain 12.50
Prepare for the ultimate shoot-em-up / strategy ReMix withRPG elements!
Steel Rain X is a truly novel mix of strategy, RPG, andfrantic action, with a modern, high velocity shmup core at its center. You getto control 2 wings you can tactically arrange in different formations andfiremodes, as you fight your way through an impressive variety ofoverwhelmingly huge enemy fleets.
Liberate planets, build colonies, research new technologies,and learn new active and passive skills. Construct buildings, and research newcombat technologies and skills. Wisely craft items, and play through missionsto gather the experience points and cash needed for even more exotic andpowerful upgrades.
Chess is the most famous strategic board game of all time.
Easy to learn but difficult to master, play against thesmart AI (artificial intelligence) player and with four levels of difficulty tochoose from, anyone from a novice to a master can play.
Chess is also playable against another player, either waywinning wont come easy.
Monster Prom: XXL 13.99
Theres only 3 weeks left until prom and you havent got adate yet..and youre a monster. But thats okay cause at your high-schooleveryone else is too! These are the stepping stones into the world of MonsterProm: XXL the bundled up, content filled edition of Monster Prom, a one-to-fourplayer competitive dating sim that will have you thinking: I never knew I wasinto that!
Stranded on a derelict cargo ship, you find yourself huntedby one of Monstrums terrifying predators as you search for a way out. Death isdeath. Get killed in Monstrum and youll be starting all over again. As each ofthem has their own strategy, abilities and weaknesses, you have to use yourwits to outsmart your pursuer in the ships procedurally generated environment.Can you survive Monstrum?
The Wonderful 101: Remastered 39.99
A team of heroes from around the world must UNITE to protectthe earth from vicious alien invaders! This band of 100 Wonderful Ones workstogether using their fantastic abilities to create a variety of forms. Whether itbe a giant fist or a sharp blade, theyll use their wits and power to overcomethe enemys pitfalls and perils! And the final member of this team ofcourageous heroesis you.
Animal Up! 2.49
Animal Up! is a tiny, retro styled and fast paced arcade game.Take the role of a rescue team on a mission to Save All the Cute Animals fromthe Flood!
Concept Destruction 4.99
Concept Destruction is all about driving miniature cars madeof cardboard, and crashing them into each other to earn points by destroyingthem!
Pick from several different modes that suits your playstyle.Pick championship mode if you want to fight your way through mass production orchoose survival mode to see how long you can survive a wave of deadly cardboardautomobiles!
Unlock new cars with points earned by playing. Each car hasa unique driving style that could turn the tide of battle!
Next week: Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, MinecraftDungeons, Adams Venture: Origins, BioShock: The Collection, XCOM 2 Collection,Borderlands Legendary Collection, Flux8, Genetic Disaster, Little Misfortune, WildTraxRacing, Indiecalypse, Ailment, Fly Punch Boom!, Ion Fury, Atomicrops, Turmoil, Resolutiion,Hill Climbing Mania, SEGA AGES Thunder Force AC, and #womenUp, Super Puzzles Dream.
- Creaks, a trippy 2D puzzle game, arrives on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC in July - Daily Star - July 3rd, 2020
- The recursive world simulation & puzzle-making process in Maquette - PlayStation.Blog - July 3rd, 2020
- Maquette Will Bring Mind-Bendingly Clever Recursive Puzzles To PS5, PS4, And PC This Year - GameSpot - July 3rd, 2020
- How citizen scientists and video games are taking on Covid-19 - RTE.ie - July 3rd, 2020
- Felix The Reaper Comes To Life on iOS - GameSpace.com - July 3rd, 2020
- Turok and Grip highlight free games for Twitch Prime members this July - PC Invasion - July 3rd, 2020
- Incredibly Innovative Puzzle Game Carto Comes To PS4 This Fall - PlayStation Universe - July 1st, 2020
- This Doctor Who Sliding Puzzle Game Is Driving Me Insane and I Can't Stop Playing It - Gizmodo - July 1st, 2020
- Made in the USSR: 6 video games Soviets went crazy over - Russia Beyond - July 1st, 2020
- Adventure/puzzle game 'Carto' heading to Switch - GoNintendo - July 1st, 2020
- 10 Fantastic Disney Games From The 16-Bit Era | TheGamer - TheGamer - July 1st, 2020
- Top 10 Addictive Games That Can Help You Cure Boredom at the Workplace - ThisisXbox - July 1st, 2020
- With dinnertime singing and 1,000-piece puzzles, the Portland Thorns are settling into the bubble before faci - OregonLive - July 1st, 2020
- Games to Watch Out For This July GameSpew - GameSpew - June 30th, 2020
- Shelter Tails: Whoever adopts Hank will need a sense of humor - Times Herald-Record - June 30th, 2020
- Apple just unveiled its picks of the best iPad and iPhone apps of the year - here they are - TechRadar - June 30th, 2020
- Doctor Who fans are losing their minds over the new Thirteen Doctors game - RadioTimes - June 30th, 2020
- THOSE WHO REMAIN Review: Fear Of The Dark And Heavy Decisions - GameTyrant - June 30th, 2020
- Five new Steam games you probably missed (June 29, 2020) - PC Gamer - June 29th, 2020
- The Almost Gone Review - New Game Network - June 29th, 2020
- Power-Ups - The New York Times - June 29th, 2020
- United Fresh LIVE! Badge, Puzzle and Trivia winners announced - FreshPlaza.com - June 29th, 2020
- Review: Neversong's Moody Nightmare World Doesn't Strike the Right Chords - thirdcoastreview.com - June 29th, 2020
- How Xbox Series X Game Call Of The Sea Uses The Console's Power - GameSpot - June 29th, 2020
- The best new Android and iOS apps you should download this week - AndroidPIT - June 28th, 2020
- Nintendo Switch free games news: Two unmissable free downloads have just hit the eShop - Express - June 28th, 2020
- Apple Arcade needs games made with iPads in mind - heres why - TechRadar - June 28th, 2020
- Here's what we played during the Steam Game Festival Part 2 - GTOGG - June 28th, 2020
- Here are the discussions you missed in the PC Gamer forums this week - PC Gamer - June 28th, 2020
- Puzzler Superliminal Releasing July 7th - Pure PlayStation - June 26th, 2020
- THE ALMOST GONE Review: An Intriguing Puzzle Game With A Haunting Tale - GameTyrant - June 26th, 2020
- The Almost Gone review dreamlike puzzles unlock a world of dark unease - The Guardian - June 26th, 2020
- Urban Flow is coming tomorrow, 26th of June! - GamingLyfe Network - June 26th, 2020
- European eShop releases for the week of June 25th, 2020 - GoNintendo - June 26th, 2020
- Uncover the truth behind the dioramas of The Almost Gone , now available! - Gamasutra - June 26th, 2020
- Blair Witch, Mr. DRILLER DrillLand, Ninjala, Duke Nukem 3D, and SpongeBob Rehydrated hit the Switch - Games Asylum - June 26th, 2020
- Garden Story pushes its harvest back to 2021 - Shacknews - June 26th, 2020
- Dr. Mario World Introduces Dr Baby Wario, And We're Not Sure If He's Cute Or Not - GameSpot - June 24th, 2020
- An Ode to The End - SUPERJUMP - Medium - June 24th, 2020
- Indie Spotlight: Why KO_OP believes Apple Arcade is the perfect introduction for non-gamers - Pocket Gamer.Biz - June 24th, 2020
- Gotta drink up! Heres the official Sonic energy drink - Thumbsticks - June 24th, 2020
- Ever Forward is coming to Switch at the end of the year - Videogamer.com - June 24th, 2020
- The 10 Best Tetris Video Games Of All Time | Game Rant - GameRant - June 24th, 2020
- Five new games to play on your mobile this summer - The Upcoming - June 23rd, 2020
- 'Circulous', the Semi-Sequel to 'The Company Game' from Teenage Developer Chain Reaction Games, Now Available for Pre-Order - Touch Arcade - June 23rd, 2020
- Ever Forward by Pathea Games is Coming to Nintendo Switch - Gamasutra - June 23rd, 2020
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Western Release on PlayStation 4 Set for October 27, PC and Switch in 2021 - Niche Gamer - June 23rd, 2020
- Time travel puzzle game The Great Perhaps coming to PS4, Xbox One, and Switch on July 10 - Gematsu - June 23rd, 2020
- The Last of Us Part 2 Review: A Brutally Heartfelt Masterpiece - KeenGamer News - June 23rd, 2020
- New Catherine: Full Body Switch Trailer Revealed at New Game Plus Expo - GameRant - June 23rd, 2020
- CLASS IN SESSION! MYSTERIOUS PUZZLE ADVENTURE GAME THE ACADEMY: THE FIRST RIDDLE UNVEILS ITS SECRETS TODAY - Gamasutra - June 22nd, 2020
- The World Video Game Hall of Fame 2020 inductees have been announced - My Nintendo News - June 22nd, 2020
- Page A4 | E-Edition | thetandd.com - The Times and Democrat - June 22nd, 2020
- 10 PS4 Games That Are Harder Than Dark Souls | Game Rant - GameRant - June 22nd, 2020
- Lots of us adopted dogs in quarantine: 'Dog Whisperer' Csar Milln has some tips - Greater Milwaukee Today - June 22nd, 2020
- Protagonists, Puzzles and Ports: An Interview With Ever Forward's Producer - GameSpew - June 22nd, 2020
- Picture Puzzle Market Share, Growth, Statistics, By Application, Production, Revenue & Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 22nd, 2020
- The best retro games and PS4 remasters on sale - Explica - June 22nd, 2020
- Games of the week Skelattack, Maneater, Potata: Fairy Flower and SpongeBob: Patty Pursuit - Inverness Courier - June 22nd, 2020
- Solution to Riddle of the Week: The Pickleball Puzzle - Yahoo News - June 21st, 2020
- This is the first prescription video game for treating ADHD in kids - The Indian Express - June 21st, 2020
- What's something about games you didn't mind as a kid but can't stand now? - PC Gamer - June 21st, 2020
- How to Solve The Secret Silent Hill Clock Tower Puzzle in Dead by Daylight - Screen Rant - June 19th, 2020
- 15 must-try demos from the Steam Summer Game Festival - PCWorld - June 19th, 2020
- Augmented Reality Mobile Games Market to See Massive Growth by 2025 | Niantic, Sony, Six to Start - 3rd Watch News - June 19th, 2020
- Rising SEA Woven Is a Free Collection of Mini-Games Celebrating Southeast Asian Culture - The Escapist - June 19th, 2020
- Pokmon Caf Mix is an absolutely adorable puzzle game for Switch and mobile - The Verge - June 18th, 2020
- App Army Assemble: Reky - Is this Bauhaus-inspired puzzler a must-buy on mobile? - Pocket Gamer - June 18th, 2020
- Play This, Not That: The Last of Us Part II - SuperParent - June 17th, 2020
- Download over 900 demos in the Steam Summer Game Festival - AllGamers - June 17th, 2020
- Stockholm-based Stillfront lands 114 million to expand its global group of gaming studios - EU-Startups - June 17th, 2020
- 'Kosmokrats' Puts Starship-Building in the Hands of a Potato Peeler - Indie Games Plus - June 17th, 2020
- Copy Cats - The New York Times - June 17th, 2020
- The biggest news from the Upload VR Showcase: Summer Edition - Digital Trends - June 16th, 2020
- Ever Forward Interview - The Art Of Designing Narrative-Driven Puzzles - Noisy Pixel - June 16th, 2020
- Games from Iceberg Interactive in the Steam Summer Festival - FULLSYNC - June 16th, 2020
- Unitied, a Minimalist and Relaxing Puzzle Game coming to Switch June 25th - SwitchWatch - June 16th, 2020
- Go To Hell In VR Puzzler Trial By Teng From The Creators Of Form - UploadVR - June 16th, 2020
- Bundle for Racial Justice Closes with 8 Million Raised - Heavy.com - June 16th, 2020
- Surgeon Simulator 2 is Transplanting to the Epic Games Store in August - GameSpew - June 16th, 2020