Emma McCandless October 31st, 2021 - 2:47 PM
The best part about October is all of the new spooky games that are released. If the aesthetic of these games had to be summed up in just three words it would have to be dark, elegant, and ominous. Every game this month associated with Halloween had a really great art style that is breath of fresh air from the cheerful puzzle games of summer. Of course, not every game is a part of the spooky scary trend. There are still some light-hearted colorful games as well as some very tactical and analytical ones. There is something for everyone on this list, so be sure to read until the end to find the perfect game to fulfill your mobile gaming fix.
#10. Me Is King
This game is a great way to pass time quickly as it keeps the player very engaged during gameplay that is simple yet incredibly addicting. It is a fast-paced civilization builder where players must decide how to use resources in order to build up their civilization. There is almost no strategy involved and is not competitive. The cute characters and quick progression make it great for playing on the go where you may only have a minute or two to check-in.
Me Is King is available on iOS and Android devices for free.
#9. Soccer Manager 2022
Soccer Manager is a simulation game where players become the manager of a prominent soccer team and manage the tactics, finances, and training of real-life players. An finite attention to detail makes this game the closest replica to the actual experience of a soccer manager. The players height, weight, and play style is all programmed to make the game strategy as plausible as possible. If you have a love for soccer, you will want to give this game a try.
Soccer Manager 2022is available on iOS and Android systems for free.
#8. Kitty Q
This is a great game to get younger kids interested in science. Kitty Q is a puzzle game that also teaches the concepts of quantum physics! How does it do all this? By teaching Erwin Schrdigers theory of Schrdigners cat. By solving a series of puzzles the player is challenged to take care of the spooky half dead, half alive kitty that shows up at your doorstep. Its a great game for the coming of Halloween and has a really unique game concept that is worth looking into.
Kitty Qis available on iOS and Android systems for free.
#7. Hundred Days
This is a wine-making simulation game where players are challenged to run a business and create their own brand of wine. The game tracks every step of the process from the vine to the bottle. This game is best known for teaching its players a vast amount of information about the technique of winemaking. It is not competitive but instead analytical. You must be conscious of the choices you make so that your winery is making the most amount of profit possible. With a little patience and an excitement for wine production, Hundred Days can be very rewarding. It is calming yet challenging.
Hundred Daysis available on iOS and Android devices for $5.99 USD.
#6. Botworld Adventure
In this RPG adventure game, players will get to choose between a cat, dog, lizard, or buffalo for their avatar. From here, your unique character will travel around the diverse world collecting parts for their bots. Bots are used for attack and defense purposes in bot battles. More powerful bots will last much longer in battle. In addition, there is a narrative arc for the player to enjoy yet still a good balance between storyline and gameplay. The battles are simple yet maintain a small level of strategy that keeps the player engaged. This fantasy world is very well developed, so it is great for those that love explorer games.
Botworld Adventureis available on iOS and Android systems for free.
This is a language learning game that puts a narrative twist onto your ordinary definitions and vocab lists. Help a scientist gain back the rights to his stolen language learning device by using it to learn the names of objects around you in a new language. The player is placed into an apartment along with a variety of objects. The player is challenged to fly in the inventors specially designed toy ship to learn the name of objects and place them on a vocabulary list. Once the list is assembled, you get to play games with them, such as finding each object and shooting it with lasers. This game puts a really fun twist onto language. It is best used in conjunction with other language learning techniques as it only teaches vocab. No grammar or sentence structure options are available.
Influentis available on iOS systems only for free.
#4. Slender: The Arrival
Perfect to get your Halloween scare on! Slender: The Arrival has players trudging through the forest at night in order to solve the mystery of a missing woman. It is a problem solving game as well as a jump scare horror. The graphics are amazing for a mobile game, and the gameplay is challenging. What makes it so scary is the first person point of view that totally immerses the player while simultaneously making it much more disorienting as the view is drastically limited. If you want to feel scared, this game will definitely get the job done.
Slender: The Arrival is available on iOS and Android systems for free.
#3. Get Together: A Coop Adventure
The best quality of Get Together: A Coop Adventure is that it strengthens the bond of the two participating players. This is a duo adventure game where two players must team up together to form two halves of a puzzle. Each person is given their own set of clues to the puzzle at hand. The solution only becomes apparent when all the clues are gathered so that strong communication and teamwork is necessary to play. The game takes place in a unique fantasy world with new things to explore. This is a great way to pass time with someone that you are close to and has a really unique art style to keep its players engaged.
Get Together: A Coop Adventureis available on iOS and Android systems for $3.99 USD.
Townscaper is an incredibly relaxing creativity booster that has been described by its developers as more of a toy than a game. Transform an empty ocean into bustling island cities. Players pick the color of the building they would like to create and place it down anywhere on the asymmetrical grid. The complicated algorithm transforms your buildings into quirky streets, alleys, homes, and apartments that can take the form of anything your mind can imagine.
Townscaperis available on iOS and Android systems for $4.99 USD.
#1. Horror Brawl: Battle Royal
As the name implies, this is a battle royal game for ten players. Everyone chooses a character out of the four high schoolers available to play as. Each character has its own pros and cons. Then, the players are placed at random throughout the map where they must find sufficient weapons to attack and defend against other players. Either hunt or be hunted, but the end goal is to find the Nazrat portal and escape to safety. There are so many more features to this game that make it a true hidden gem. Turn yourself into a scary monster by finding specific items or complete quests outside of battles to upgrade your competitiveness. This game is light-hearted and enjoyable, yet can also be spooky and challenging. There have been some reports of glitching and lagging from players, so it is recommended to play this game in a place with a strong internet connection.
Horror Brawl: Battle Royalis available on iOS and Android systems for free.
See the article here:
The Top 10 Mobile Games List of October 2021 - mxdwn.com
- Wordle creator overwhelmed by global success of hit puzzle - The Guardian - January 15th, 2022
- 11 NEW Puzzle Games of 2022 - Gameranx - January 15th, 2022
- 'Relicta' is the next free game on the Epic Games Store - NME - January 15th, 2022
- Become a plant detective in this occult botany shop puzzle game next week - PC Gamer - January 15th, 2022
- Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon review - once it clicks it really clicks - Eurogamer.net - January 15th, 2022
- A Storm is Brewing as the SeaRing Team Sets Up the Release of the Demo to their Debut Title SeaRing on Steam Today! - Tech Times - January 15th, 2022
- Daniel King's Power Play Show: Beautiful games in the Kalashnikov - Chessbase News - January 15th, 2022
- Valve and Geico team up for a Portal-themed insurance ad - PC Gamer - January 15th, 2022
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Deathsmiles I-II', 'Pawn of the Dead', Plus Today's Other New Releases and Sales TouchArcade - Touch Arcade - December 31st, 2021
- The Epic Games Store is giving away Moving Out - For The Win - December 31st, 2021
- What is Wordle? The viral word game - Polygon - December 31st, 2021
- Murder mystery games a hit in China but Japan missing the fun - Japan Today - December 31st, 2021
- The best rhythm games on PC - Digital Trends - December 31st, 2021
- How to Make Money Playing Games - Small Business Trends - December 31st, 2021
- Review: Cosmic Express - Movies Games and Tech - December 31st, 2021
- Northern Ireland TV and film industry booming despite pandemic challenges - BreakingNews.ie - December 31st, 2021
- NYT Crossword Answers: M.L.B.'s first Rookie of the Year (1947) - The New York Times - December 21st, 2021
- Puzzle and Game Industry Works to Meet Holiday Shopping Crush - NBC10 Boston - December 21st, 2021
- Jigsaw Puzzles - Puzzle Games on the App Store - December 21st, 2021
- Ever Forward Review Diamond in the Rough (PS5) - PlayStation LifeStyle - December 21st, 2021
- Indie games on the horizon Borneo Bulletin Online - Borneo Bulletin Online - December 21st, 2021
- Murder he shuffled: How the world's most difficult puzzle went viral - The Irish Times - December 21st, 2021
- Marshfield boys hoop morphing into a different kind of a team than last year - Wicked Local - December 21st, 2021
- The Cleaning Up Of Trash, Explained By Its Creative Director - Kotaku Australia - December 21st, 2021
- 10 newb-friendly games to gift to the non-gamers in your life - Destructoid - December 8th, 2021
- Puzzle Games for Kids Online | Play Free Fun Kids Puzzles - December 8th, 2021
- Ever Forward brings Portal-like puzzling to Xbox, PlayStation and Switch - TheXboxHub - December 8th, 2021
- What if Breath of the Wild had an air dash - Polygon - December 8th, 2021
- The biggest new video games coming out the week of 12/6/21 AIPT - AIPT - December 8th, 2021
- How a 1993 puzzle adventure became Apple's 2021 Game of the Year - Cult of Mac - December 8th, 2021
- When We Made... Bonfire Peaks: "In my opinion, storytelling is not really a strength of the medium of games, or what excites me most about... - December 8th, 2021
- New PS5 & PS4 Game Releases - New PS5 & PS4 Games Releasing This Week (December 6-12) - PlayStation Universe - December 8th, 2021
- KITERETSU Has Launched the First VR Game in ZOOKEEPER Series, "ZOOKEEPER: Blast Quest" and Is Now Available on Meta Quest Store - Business... - December 8th, 2021
- Free Games On Epic Games Store - Current, Upcoming, And Past - TalkEsport - TE - December 8th, 2021
- Ty's Time: Ty Jerome's Bench Ascension and the Puzzle Pieces yet to be Placed - Sports Illustrated - December 8th, 2021
- Terrifying Co-Op Puzzler Forces Duos To See A Different Version Of The Game - Kotaku - November 20th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl', 'Nerf Legends', and Today's Other Releases and Sales TouchArcade - Touch... - November 20th, 2021
- Top toys of 2021: Games, puzzles and activity kits are the standouts - theday.com - November 20th, 2021
- Puzzle Games - 40 Best Puzzle Games To Play In 2021 - November 7th, 2021
- A Battle Royale Mode Is Coming to the Puzzle Game Superliminal - COGconnected - November 7th, 2021
- Say goodbye to your mortal shell with this gorgeous, ghostly puzzle game - PC Gamer - November 7th, 2021
- Unpacking: the meditative puzzle game thats all about organising - The Guardian - November 7th, 2021
- Top toys of 2021: Games, puzzles and activity kits are the standouts - The Union Leader - November 7th, 2021
- Unpacking Might Have The Worst Video Game Boyfriend Of The Year - Kotaku - November 7th, 2021
- Itching to code? These are the best games to learn programming skills - TechRadar - November 7th, 2021
- New Games You Should Play This November: Get Lost in a Puzzle Box, Jump Your Way Out of a Cult, and Craft Your New Life on an Island - TheStranger.com - November 7th, 2021
- Steam Deck could be the PS Vita 2 Sony will never give us - Tom's Guide - November 7th, 2021
- 'Unpacking' Is a Lovely Game About the Power of Seemingly Mundane Objects - VICE - November 7th, 2021
- New VR Games November 2021: All The Biggest Releases - UploadVR - November 7th, 2021
- New on Switch: Unpacking, World War Z, Just Dance 2022, A Boy and His Blob, Demon Turf, The Smurfs, Popeye, more - Games Asylum - November 7th, 2021
- Buzzy Puzzles: 5 Spelling Bee Games to Use in the Classroom - The New York Times - October 26th, 2021
- Tandem: A Tale Of Shadows review: pleasing puzzles but short on character - NME - October 26th, 2021
- This new Kickstarter puts a tiny Game Boy-shaped system on a keychain - and it works - SYFY WIRE - October 26th, 2021
- Why detective video games are the perfect way to experience a mystery - The Guardian - October 26th, 2021
- Review: Out of Line - Movies Games and Tech - October 26th, 2021
- Total Mayhem Games on the evolution of Games with Gold success story, We Were Here - TrueAchievements - October 26th, 2021
- How Beatrix Potter and a fear of open water inspired the surreal, Limbo-like horror puzzler Silt - Rock Paper Shotgun - October 26th, 2021
- Happy Halloween on RPS! Have a load of horror-themed writing to celebrate - Rock Paper Shotgun - October 26th, 2021
- The Biggest Console Flops Of All Time - Looper - October 26th, 2021
- Among the Sleep is a horror game freebie on the Epic Games Store - Destructoid - October 26th, 2021
- Xbox Game Pass Oct 2021: Backbone, The Forgotten City, And More - Kotaku - October 26th, 2021
- Award-Winning Game 'Where Cards Fall' For PC and Switch Gets Release Date - COGconnected - October 15th, 2021
- The best hidden object games on PC and mobile - Polygon - October 15th, 2021
- Eye of the Temple review: Spelunking like Indiana Jones - Android Central - October 15th, 2021
- How to clear the mist on Tsurumi Island: Every Perch puzzle and feather location in Genshin Impact - Gamesradar - October 15th, 2021
- "Midnight Protocol" alluded to: The spirit in the machine - Market Research Telecast - October 15th, 2021
- Piece Together The Truth Of A Mysterious Cube - Gamasutra - October 15th, 2021
- Zookeeper World is a glimpse at life without free-to-play restrictions - Destructoid - October 15th, 2021
- Penn State Trying To 'Complete The Puzzle' In Run Game Ahead Of Iowa Showdown - Onward State - October 15th, 2021
- Singaporean Game Knight Crawlers Brings Whimsical Ragdoll Physics to Action RPGs - IGN SOUTH EAST ASIA - October 15th, 2021
- Challenge your mind with Immortus Temporus on Xbox, PlayStation and Switch - TheXboxHub - October 15th, 2021
- Two Player Mobile Game, Get Together: A Coop Adventure, Will Be Available To Play Tomorrow - mxdwn.com - October 15th, 2021
- Best Wii U Games: Many Of These Games Walked, So Their Switch Ports Could Run - GameSpot - October 15th, 2021
- 5 games that look (and play) better on the Nintendo Switch OLED - NME.com - October 15th, 2021
- Aspyr 25 Anniversary Celebration Starts with Big Sales and More - But Why Tho? A Geek Community - October 15th, 2021
- Plant with Care is a laid-back puzzler about growing ingredients that's heading for iOS and Android this month - Pocket Gamer - October 15th, 2021
- PC Building Simulator is free on the Epic Games Store - The Verge - October 15th, 2021
- Get boxed in with Catty & Batty: The Spirit Guide on console - TheXboxHub - October 15th, 2021
- Play Pass celebrates its 2nd birthday with 12 new games including Very Little Nightmares - Chrome Unboxed - October 15th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: Reviews Featuring 'Underland' and 'Antonball Deluxe', Plus the Latest News, Releases, and Sales TouchArcade - Touch Arcade - October 15th, 2021