Christ, April 2021 has flown by hasnt it? In the UK at least, the pubs reopened after Lockdown 3.0, and much of the country has been in various forms of hangovers ever since. As such, weve got a shorter list this month, mainly because most of the team in TXH towers have been too busy socialising again to play any games. But there are still plenty of easy achievements available from the latest Xbox games and those new Xbox Game Pass additions that rocked in throughout April 2021. Lets see what weve got.
Another listicle, and another POWGI game to highlight for easy achievements. Every month one of these titles release, its a shoo-in for our easy achievements list, and the latest Ladders by POWGI is certainly no exception. This one comes with the added bonus of five achievements for the first puzzle.
Ladders by POWGI on Xbox is a word game based on the famous ladder puzzles, where two words are given and players need to get from one to the other by changing one letter at a time.
In the first puzzle, you need to change the word Cop into Car, one letter at a time. Heres how to do it:
Cop -> Cap -> Car
Various achievements will pop up as you complete this puzzle. Firstly, Give us an A will pop when you input the word cap for 20G, and there will be another 20G for Give us an R when you input car. Completing the puzzle will also offer you 30G for Pug Hug and completing a 3-letter ladder, First Steps for 10G for completing your first puzzle, and another 30G for A Descent Strategy and completing the puzzle from top-to-bottom. I dont think youll get a better return on achievements this month for that super easy task.
Another game, another multi achievement and another load that can be completed in the first level.
Yoko & Yuki: Dr. Rats Revenge is a 2D platformer with a world turning mechanic and a family friendly aesthetic. Yoko and Yuki are cats that, shall we say, are on the plump side? Dr. Rat has kidnapped Yuki and now Yoko must save his girlfriend using a variety of gadgets to traverse through the levels.
Anyways, the achievements. Load up the first level and firstly stand still for three minutes. This will unlock the 30G Open the door close the door achievement. During that time, put the kettle on, check your socials or tweet us @TheXboxHub and tell us what youre doing!
After the three minutes have passed, press the jump button 400 times. This will unlock Jumper cat and Dream to fly worth 40G and 50G respectively. And then I suppose you can finish the level itself, and unlock the 10G achievement Way to go!
A surprise game that launched into Xbox Game Pass is Rain on Your Parade that seems to be bringing a lot of smiles to those that play it. And with an achievement name like this, it feels tailor made for our achievement list.
In Rain on Your Parade, you play as a cloud hell-bent on ruining peoples days by opening up the heavens and raining all over them. If you enjoyed running amok in Untitled Goose Game, then youll love Rain on Your Parade on Xbox.
But it is as kind as it is cruel though, as the first achievement will testify. Simply start the game and you will earn 10G and the aptly-named Minimum Effort achievement. Now go piss on some bonfires!
This next game is Hellbreachers; a game that can be completed within 30 minutes I have that on good authority from Mr. Paul Renshaw of TheXboxHub. Completion in the sense that you unlock every achievement. In previous months we have featured full walkthroughs for games such as Balancelot and #SinucaAttack that can be completed in shorter times, so 30 minutes in comparison feels like an age. We will though be focussing on another favourite type of achievement to feature in these lists however, the good old tutorial achievement.
Hellbreachers is a 2D platformer/hack and slash very reminiscent of the old Golden Axe games ask your parents with cartoony pixel visuals. This opening tutorial will show you the ropes with what buttons to press to jump, hack, slash and on how to discover the keys that will unlock chests; skills that are all required for the full 1000G completion.
There is also a boss to defeat at the end of this level, known as Goon. They dont really do much except for charge into you, so keep slashing away at them and you will soon have 20G to your name.
Our final achievement this month is one that comes about from a game that launched back in February 2020 but has now just arrived on Xbox Game Pass; the immensely fun Nazi-zombie shooting b-movie romp, Zombie Army 4: Dead War.
You might be disappointed though to hear that for this achievement, you will not be harming any Nazi-zombies. Instead, you are making yourself look the part by kitting out your character the way you like in preparation for shooting thousands of zombies in the face.
Head to your Player Setup as part of your loadout before heading out on a mission, and then press RB to move to the Headgear menu. Equip a hat of your choosing and you earn a very easy but very appealing 15G. Just try to not get any brain juice on it, ok?
And thats it for April! Did we miss any easy achievements out? Let us know in the comments below.
Next month will see some big releases in the form of Resident Evil Village, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition with a revamped achievement list I am very keen on seeing and Biomutant to name but a few. After seeing all those games appear on our Up Next for May 2021 article, what are the odds that we will see at least one of these appearing in our easy achievement and Gamerscore list next month? Tune in to find out!
- New VR Games May 2021: All The Biggest Releases - UploadVR - May 3rd, 2021
- New Pokemon Snap Is Missing One Major Type of Puzzle From the Original Pokemon Snap - ComicBook.com - May 3rd, 2021
- Out of Line Hands-on Preview - Welcome to the Machine - COGconnected - May 3rd, 2021
- Solving puzzles as a spy duo in Operation: Tango is fun, but it needs to up the suspense - PC Gamer - May 3rd, 2021
- Outer Worlds DLC teased in a series of cryptic tweets - NME.com - May 3rd, 2021
- Ubisoft Switch Sale Has Deals On Everything From Assassin's Creed To Rayman - GameSpot - May 3rd, 2021
- Tweens and Teens for Mother's Day - Portsmouth Daily Times - May 3rd, 2021
- Puzzling Places to Launch on Oculus Quest Store This Fall - Road to VR - April 18th, 2021
- Eastern Illinois AD part of committee working on FCS playoff puzzle - ChicagoNow - April 18th, 2021
- Puzzle Bobble VR: Vacation Odyssey Will Arrive in May - Siliconera - April 18th, 2021
- Demonoid Allows You To Play Free Games Online on Web - Fortune India - April 18th, 2021
- 'Oxenfree II: Lost Signals' headlines a new crop of Switch indie games - Engadget - April 18th, 2021
- The Electronic Wireless Show Podcast episode 136: the best weather in games special - Rock Paper Shotgun - April 18th, 2021
- Kinda Funnys Blessing Jr. Does an Entire Episode of The Blessing Show From Within Dreams - PlayStation LifeStyle - April 18th, 2021
- 14 free apps and games for Android for a limited time | Technology Explica .co - Explica - April 18th, 2021
- 11 new Android games from the last week: The best, worst, and everything in between (3/29/21 - 4/4/21) - Android Police - April 4th, 2021
- Classic games like chess and Sudoku are now easier to play on iPhones and iPads - TechRadar - April 4th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Dungeon & Puzzles', 'Stick Fight: The Game', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - April 4th, 2021
- The Three Best and Worst Games of March 2021 - COGconnected - April 4th, 2021
- Google Play Pass now has over 800 games, apps - HT Tech - April 4th, 2021
- The Easiest Ways to Boost Your Gamerscore from the Xbox Games of March 2021 - TheXboxHub - April 4th, 2021
- Game of the Month: March 2021's Best PS5, PS4 Games - Pure PlayStation - April 4th, 2021
- This Weeks VR Game Roundup: New Archery Game, Kitchen Island VR - VR Fitness Insider - April 4th, 2021
- Best New Android Games This Week: The Wake, Quick Fire, Dual Summoners, and More - DroidGamers - April 4th, 2021
- It Takes Two review: This is how it runs on PC - Laptop Mag - April 4th, 2021
- Pillars of Active Aging - Old School Puzzles And Games To Promote Active Aging Brain Health - LNP | LancasterOnline - March 4th, 2021
- Tvinnr: Basic tips to help you enjoy this relaxing puzzle game - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- Maquette is a neat puzzle game that packs an emotional punch - The Next Web - March 4th, 2021
- Our most anticipated indie games of 2021 - Rock Paper Shotgun - March 4th, 2021
- MonkeyBox 2: Cards! is an upcoming puzzle adventure game for iOS from TheCodingMonkeys - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- Play with Gravity in Gravifire on Xbox and Switch - TheXboxHub - March 4th, 2021
- Lovin Games Weekly - There is a new Aliens game on the way - Lovin Dublin - March 4th, 2021
- It Takes Two Isn't Focusing on Replayability, Won't Have Collectibles - GameRant - March 4th, 2021
- The Video Games to Play This Month: Get Tiny with Maquette, It Takes Two, and More! - The Portland Mercury - March 4th, 2021
- 50% Kemco RPG and Puzzle Games on PS Store - GLYFE Nation - March 4th, 2021
- Worst Pokmon Spin-off Games Nintendo Should Never Remake - Screen Rant - March 4th, 2021
- Super Rare Games giving immersive puzzle game Creaks a physical Switch release next week - GoNintendo - March 4th, 2021
- Every Uncharted Game, Ranked Worst To Best | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - March 4th, 2021
- 10 Games We Need To See On PSVR2 That Could Actually Happen On PS5 - TheGamer - March 4th, 2021
- PC Review - 'Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead' - WorthPlaying.com - March 4th, 2021
- The Next Hawks Coach Will Have to Solve the Trae Young Puzzle - The Ringer - March 4th, 2021
- Sponsored: 5 games that make you think like a programmer - Gamasutra - March 4th, 2021
- Inked review - "If only looks were everything" | Articles - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- From Portal to Witcher 3: The games people cheat at the most! - European Gaming Industry News - March 4th, 2021
- 5 Best PC Boxing games to play in 2021 - Gameranx - March 4th, 2021
- What Are the Most Popular Types of Mobile Game? | TechQuila - TechQuila - February 19th, 2021
- The Legend of Zelda games ranked! - The Guardian - February 19th, 2021
- Wordsmyth is a beautiful daily word game coming soon to iOS and Android - Pocket Gamer - February 19th, 2021
- Review: She Remembered Caterpillars - Movies Games and Tech - February 19th, 2021
- Artie raises $10 million as it pivots to make instant games - VentureBeat - February 19th, 2021
- Fortnite Creative gets callout for puzzles and platformers - AltChar - February 19th, 2021
- Top 10 games to download and play first on your new Apple iPhone - Gadget Bridge - February 19th, 2021
- Outer Wilds launches this summer on Nintendo Switch - Shacknews - February 19th, 2021
- Steam Developer Banned After Trying to Trick Users About Positive Reviews - VICE - February 19th, 2021
- Global Games and Puzzles Market 2020 Industry Analysis, Key Drivers, Business Strategy, Opportunities and Forecast to 2025 Express Keeper - Express... - February 19th, 2021
- Next 10 Classic Horror Games To Play If You Liked The Medium - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- Game stores seeing an increase in new customers since the COVID-19 pandemic - WeAreGreenBay.com - February 17th, 2021
- The First 10 Games Released On The PS2 (In Chronological Order) - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- Zynga Expects Its Mobile Gaming Empire to Grow More Than 30% In 2021 - Motley Fool - February 17th, 2021
- 8 Underrated Open-World Games (That Came Out In The Last 5 Years) - GameRant - February 17th, 2021
- The Room 4: Old Sins Is Out For PC, And Prettier Than Ever - Kotaku - February 17th, 2021
- Knight's Retreat Review - Chess but not! - TheXboxHub - February 17th, 2021
- Soapbox: We Were Here, the Free PS4 Game No One Will Play with Me - Push Square - February 17th, 2021
- PS5 : HuniePop 2, another title that joins Twitch's list of banned games - Explica - February 17th, 2021
- 10 VR Games That Don't Give You Motion Sickness - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- 10 Things You Never Knew About The Origins Of Tetris | Game Rant - GameRant - February 17th, 2021
- Games of the week: The Medium, Spire Blast, Encodya and Solas 128 - Inverness Courier - February 17th, 2021
- Nokia 5.4 review this ones for the stock Android fans on a tight budget - Business Insider India - February 17th, 2021
- Thorny Puzzle Title Room To Grow Is Coming To PC This Month - Bleeding Cool News - February 14th, 2021
- Imaginative Puzzle Game QV Heading To Steam | TheGamer - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- 10 Open World Games That Have No Combat | Game Rant - GameRant - February 14th, 2021
- Schell Games Talks I Expect You To Die 2 And VR's Future - UploadVR - February 14th, 2021
- ConnecTank Is a Multiplayer Tank Battle and Puzzle Game Coming This Fall - SuperParent - February 14th, 2021
- Best Valentines Day games for couples: top titles to play with your loved one - TechRadar - February 14th, 2021
- Outer Wilds And The Best Games That Use Time Loops - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- The Most Peaceful Games of 2020, Ranked | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - February 14th, 2021
- Best new mobile games on iOS and Android this February - Metro.co.uk - February 14th, 2021
- PS4 Update: Download This New F2P PlayStation 4 Game - RealSport101 - February 14th, 2021
- The Best Free PC Games of Multiple Category in 2021 - TechnoSports - February 14th, 2021
- The DeanBeat: Has the game industry hit its peak with crazy valuations or just begun its growth? - VentureBeat - February 14th, 2021