[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
Netflix's series "High Score" reminded us of the times when the score in games was important and companies like SEGA paid for records. Creators of the retro cyberpunk game Cyber Protocol decided to the same thing today. They will pay the person with high score 1000 dollars.
THE MOST DIFFICULT GAME OF ALL TIME
Cyber Protocol is an insanely difficult arcade puzzle game with 100 hand-created levels and puzzles that are a real challenge even for hardcore gamers. The game takes us back to the time when skills, patience, and logic were the main requirements to beat challenges.
This is the toughest game in the world - at least according to the folks at RedDeerGames. Now you have a chance to prove them wrong and earn 1000 dollars in the process.
The game was released on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. But only 0,7% of console players managed to finish the game and beat 100 levels.
HOW TO WIN 1000 DOLLARS
Now Cyber Protocol is making its way to the PCs all around the world. To celebrate the upcoming PC release on September 17, 2020, the developers have prepared something special. They decided to take us all back to the times when highscore used to be extremely really important for gamers and are going to reward the best achievements with cash prizes.
You have a few weeks after the release date to train. The person at the top of the scoreboard on December 31st will win 1000 dollars. Second and third places will get another 200 dollars and 100 dollars.
How does it work? The PC version of the game features a special GLOBAL TOP20 mode: the challenges where players compete for real cash. More info will be revealed on September 17.
ABOUT CYBER PROTOCOL
Cyber Protocol is a journey to the rhythm of great 8-bit music and synthwave. The visual aspects give off nostalgic vibe and are reminiscent of the energetic world of arcade machines. And then, there are also all the cyberpunk details that create a unique mood. All of this together makes an ideal environment for testing your skills.
Add it to Wishlist on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1285010/Cyber_Protocol
Cyber Protocol PC trailer is available on YouTube:
More information about the game can be found on Steam, the developer website, Twitter and Facebook.
Review codes are available. If you want to check out the game and write your opinion on it or make a video, please e-mail me: [emailprotected].
RedDeerGames is an Indie Game Publisher and Developer. We are best known for Cyber Protocol, a well-received cyberpunk arcade puzzle game with a great synth-wave soundtrack. Our most recent production is Brawl Chess, a kids-friendly epic chess game with cartoon visuals created by Platige Image.
We aim to create unique and accessible games, easily distinguishable by their original art style. Our main goal, however, is for them to be FUN!
In addition to that, RedDeerGames team also cooperates with independent developers from all over the world in order to publish and promote their games. In recent years we released console versions of Clumsy Rush and Nirvana Pilot Yume.
- Supraland Review GameSpew - GameSpew - October 23rd, 2020
- RetroBeat: 5 other games Nintendo needs to finally bring to the U.S. - VentureBeat - October 23rd, 2020
- Gen Z mobile users more likely to play games, but spend less time in top titles - Pocket Gamer.Biz - October 23rd, 2020
- Embrace the parkour madness of BH Trials on Xbox One - TheXboxHub - October 23rd, 2020
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Fire Emblem' Headed West, 'Pokemon Sword/Shield: The Crown Tundra' and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - October 23rd, 2020
- Train your fingers and become Lord of the Click on Xbox One - TheXboxHub - October 23rd, 2020
- Dodging Death In Disc Room Is A Lot Of Fun - Kotaku - October 23rd, 2020
- PUYO PUYO TETRIS 2 To Introduce RPG Elements With The Brand-New "Skill Battle" Mode - GameFragger.com - October 23rd, 2020
- The best games on Xbox Game Pass for console and PC right now (October 2020) - For The Win - October 22nd, 2020
- RPG? Puzzle? Parlor Game? Escape Room? This Game Is All Four and More - Publishers Weekly - October 22nd, 2020
- Puzzle Break Long Island is Back, With More Fun and Safety than Ever Before! - LongIsland.com - October 22nd, 2020
- Forget Games with Gold, this Xbox Game Pass addition is the big news for October - Express - October 22nd, 2020
- Ban for annoying puzzle ads which don't represent the actual game - Wales Online - October 22nd, 2020
- Why people are still obsessed with candy crush saga - Livemint - October 22nd, 2020
- The 25 Best Horror Games To Play On Halloween 2020 - GameSpot - October 22nd, 2020
- Blaseball developer is bringing a 'slice of life' puzzle game to PC next year - PC Gamer - October 20th, 2020
- Best upcoming Xbox Series X games you'll need to play - CNET - October 20th, 2020
- McAdam: Salary arbitration a bigger puzzle this offseason - bostonsportsjournal.com - October 20th, 2020
- TAFFY: FEED THE KITTY, App Game Based on the Cartoon TAFFY, is Now Available - Broadway World - October 20th, 2020
- Forget Games with Gold, this Xbox Game Pass addition is the big news for October - True Hollywood Talk - October 20th, 2020
- 5 games that sparked the 'casual' player movement - The Star - October 20th, 2020
- Genshin Impact Amber Puzzle: Win cool Prizes, use this simple guide to click Amber photos! Only a week... - The Sportsrush - October 20th, 2020
- 10 Most Innovative Indie Platformers | Game Rant - GameRant - October 20th, 2020
- What the critics are saying about Amnesia: Rebirth - SVG - October 20th, 2020
- Chiefs kept on the ground, but run past Bills anyway - Arkansas Online - October 20th, 2020
- 10 Games That Are Educational And Fun | TheGamer - TheGamer - October 18th, 2020
- Sony Refuses To Discount PS4 Version Of Return Of the Obra Dinn - Screen Rant - October 18th, 2020
- Apex Legends, Jiu Jitsu, Monster Hunter & Other Trailers Released This Week - CBR - Comic Book Resources - October 18th, 2020
- Ban for annoying puzzle ads which don't represent the actual game - Bristol Live - October 18th, 2020
- Cube Escape dodges the end of the Flash era with a new collection on Steam - PC Gamer - October 18th, 2020
- TouchArcade Game of the Week: 'Poor Thief' TouchArcade - Touch Arcade - October 17th, 2020
- Boundary-breaking in video games is unholy and wrong - The A.V. Club - October 17th, 2020
- 5 great horror games for 2020: Where to get that Halloween horror fix - Sportskeeda - October 17th, 2020
- Ban for annoying puzzle ads which don't represent the actual game - MyLondon - October 17th, 2020
- PS4 New Releases - New PS4 Games Releasing This Week (October 19 - October 25) - PlayStation Universe - October 17th, 2020
- Review: Whats Inside the Box? A Rewarding (Rewording) Time - The New York Times - October 15th, 2020
- Best Android and iOS games of the week [15/10/2020] re:Jerusalem - re:Jerusalem - October 15th, 2020
- 8 Tips for Improving Reaction Time in Video Games - VGR.com - October 15th, 2020
- I Am Rubber, You Are Glue! Celebrating 30 Years Of Monkey Island - TheGamer - October 15th, 2020
- Playrix's ads banned in UK as misleading - Game World Observer - October 15th, 2020
- The Kansas City Chiefs May Have Just Identified the Missing Piece to Their Super Bowl Puzzle - Sportscasting - October 15th, 2020
- Before the 'Amnesia': Looking Back on Frictional Games' 'Penumbra' Series - Bloody Disgusting - October 15th, 2020
- Raji: An Ancient Epic arrives on Steam today, a tale about Indian mythology - PC Invasion - October 15th, 2020
- Have You Heard Of The Internets Hardest Puzzle And Biggest Mystery? Check Out Cicada 3301 - Scary Mommy - October 13th, 2020
- Galacide Takes the Speed and Intensity of a SHMUP and Adds in a Dash of Match Puzzling for a Thrilling Alien Adventure Coming to Consoles October 23... - October 13th, 2020
- Stay off the web with these games - The New Indian Express - October 13th, 2020
- Renegade and EC Comics Team Up to Bring Classic Comic Covers to the World of Puzzles - GeekTyrant - October 13th, 2020
- Treat Yourself This Spooky Season with These 5 Indie Games - Nerdist - October 13th, 2020
- Hakim Ziyech is the final piece of the Chelsea jigsaw puzzle - The Pride of London - October 13th, 2020
- 10 Best 2D Games On Steam (According To Metacritic) - TheGamer - October 13th, 2020
- The Most Fun Virtual Murder Mystery Parties You Can Host This Halloween - Oprah Mag - October 13th, 2020
- Reflection of Mine IS A Difficult Puzzle Game Headed For Xbox One, PS5, And Nintendo Switch - Happy Gamer - October 10th, 2020
- Every Pokemon Game On The 3DS, Ranked (According To Metacritic) - GameRant - October 10th, 2020
- Explore Ancient Greece in This Weeks Good-Ass Games at Good-Ass Prices - The Root - October 10th, 2020
- Sony Reveals 10 PS4 Games That Won't Work on PS5 | Game Rant - GameRant - October 10th, 2020
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Filament', 'I Am Dead', 'Game Dev Tycoon', and Today's Other New Releases, Plus the Latest Sales - Touch Arcade - October 8th, 2020
- 10 Super Mario Spin-Offs That Are Nothing Like The Main Games - TheGamer - October 8th, 2020
- From Game Boy to 3DS: The legacy of Nintendo's handhelds - GamesIndustry.biz - October 8th, 2020
- 10 PC Games to Check Out This October - Power Up Gaming - October 8th, 2020
- The Epic Games Store free games of the week are Abzu & Rising Storm 2 - PC Invasion - October 8th, 2020
- Pokemon: A Step-By-Step Guide To Soft Resetting | TheGamer - TheGamer - October 8th, 2020
- Ghost of a Tale, Neighbours Back From Hell, The Survivalists, FIFA 21, and Ikenfell hit the Switch - Games Asylum - October 8th, 2020
- 10 Great Multitasking Games Similar To Overcooked | Game Rant - GameRant - October 8th, 2020
- 'Rain City' is the perfect puzzle game to spend a few hours on | Clocked - Happy Mag - October 7th, 2020
- Lesson of the Day: 35 Thoughts About Mario on Super Marios 35th Anniversary - The New York Times - October 7th, 2020
- Best-selling book Prisoners of Geography eyes board games, strategy games, quizzes and puzzles in edutainment licensing move - Toy News - October 7th, 2020
- 2D Games vs. 3D Games: What Are the Differences? | MakeUseOf - MakeUseOf - October 7th, 2020
- 'QB Planets' Takes Players to a World of Beautiful Cube Puzzles - Indie Games Plus - October 7th, 2020
- Swords of Gargantua Creators Thirdverse Secures $8.5M Funding for More VR Games - Road to VR - October 7th, 2020
- Steam's Autumn Game Festival Is On Now With Tons Of Free Demos - TheGamer - October 7th, 2020
- Southgate's England puzzle: lots of new pieces but no clear pattern - The Guardian - October 7th, 2020
- After Almost A Year Of Epic Exclusivity, Mind-Bending Puzzler Superliminal Is Coming To Steam - TheGamer - October 6th, 2020
- Vegas Golden Knights: Pietrangelo is the final piece to the Stanley Cup puzzle - Vegas Hockey Knight - October 6th, 2020
- Create Your Own Games With This Discounted Training Bundle - PCMag.com - October 6th, 2020
- Surrealist Puzzle-Platformer 'DARQ' Headed to Current And Next-Gen Consoles - Bloody Disgusting - October 6th, 2020
- Holiday 2020 Gift Guide - Great PS4 Games & Accessories To Buy This Holiday Season - PlayStation Universe - October 4th, 2020
- Why be bored? A new board-game bar opens in downtown Canton - Canton Repository - October 4th, 2020
- Pikuniku is free on the Epic Games Store - KitGuru - October 3rd, 2020
- Pikuniku, the adorable game of dystopia and revolution, is free on the Epic Store - PC Gamer - October 3rd, 2020
- Family Game Night Is Back On In 2020 With Help From Geppetto's Toys - Coronado Eagle and Journal - October 3rd, 2020