Trusted Business Insights answers what are the scenarios for growth and recovery and whether there will be any lasting structural impact from the unfolding crisis for the Games And Puzzles market.
Trusted Business Insights presents an updated and Latest Study on Games And Puzzles Market 2020-2029. The report contains market predictions related to market size, revenue, production, CAGR, Consumption, gross margin, price, and other substantial factors. While emphasizing the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also offers a complete study of the future trends and developments of the market.The report further elaborates on the micro and macroeconomic aspects including the socio-political landscape that is anticipated to shape the demand of the Games And Puzzles market during the forecast period (2020-2029).It also examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry including their corporate overview, financial summary, and SWOT analysis.
Get Sample Copy of this Report @ Games And Puzzles Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19
Report Overview: Games And Puzzles Market
The global games and puzzles market size was valued at USD 10.77 billion in 2020 and is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.5% from 2021 to 2027. Increasing the adoption of 3D printing to design innovative board games is expected to contribute to industry growth significantly. Enhancement in manufacturing technologies has enabled game manufacturers to diversify their product offerings, thus offering new revenue streams. The development of improved visual memory and enhanced cognitive skills by participating in 3D puzzles are further boosting the adoption rate of educational puzzles amongst children.
Increasing demands of people to indulge in different social engagements are promoting them to adopt board and card games as new forms of entertainment. Several game designers have started modernizing existing games by adding innovative features to attract more millennials, thus driving increased adoption. For instance, manufacturers, including Royal Jumbo BV and Ravensburger AG, have added electronic accessories and platforms to their existing traditional puzzles. Additionally, the ability to develop real-life soft skills such as problem solving-skills, team-spirit, and critical thinking in millennials is further promoting people to adopt games and puzzle, thereby driving the market growth.
The advent of educational games and puzzles is expected to further contribute to growth. The general trend among parents to introduce their kids to educational board games to encourage the development of the childs brainpower more creatively is anticipated to positively influence the product demand. Several educational intuitions, including VIBGYOR Group of Schools in India, have started adopting educational games to enhance their teaching methodologies and offer a more interactive learning experience for children. The fusion of detailed graphics, engaging music and high-quality effects in digital educational games help develop logical thinking and reasoning abilities.
Disruption in retailing practices has enabled corporations to maximize reach and achieve higher penetration rates. Puzzles and games manufacturers worldwide have started partnering with e-commerce firms for sales and distribution of puzzles, owing to the availability of additional channels to advertise their products and generate higher profit. These manufacturers have also started adopting online retailing practices, allowing buyers to buy products directly from their websites. This offers an official channel of sales for them and establishes effective customer relationships. For instance, popular manufacturers such as Mattel, Inc., and Hasbro, Inc. have started offering online memberships and direct-to-customer services, respectively.
Licensing Insights: Games And Puzzles Market
The non-licensed segment lead the games and puzzles market with a revenue share of 67.0% in 2019. This can be attributed to the availability of a wider variety of similar products or games at affordable prices. Non-licensed segment caters to customers of all economic classes to make better and more informed choices. Moreover, a more extensive array of non-licensed board games enables holistic development for children, further offering promising growth prospects.
Licensed games and puzzles captured significant revenue share in 2019. The provision to gain access to licensed products offers users a sense of brand quality and enables them to use high-quality products. Manufacturers are collaborating with media and entertainment houses to gain image right of their patented characters, to offer licensed products. Furthermore, the assurance of secure brand value and high-quality products attracts more customers as compared to non-licensed products.
Distribution Channel Insights: Games And Puzzles Market
The brick and mortar segment lead the market, with a revenue share of 60.50% in 2019. Consumers still prefer brick and mortar stores, where they can experience the product and interact with the sales associates in person before making any decision. They tend to relate customer satisfaction with personal interactions and prefer buying products on the spot rather than ordering products online. Additionally, these stores also offer customers a sense of security regarding product genuineness and quality.
Despite high revenue generation through brick and mortar stores, the e-commerce segment captured significant share in 2019. E-commerce platforms offer customers a plethora of options for a particular kind of game or puzzle, thus enabling customers to make a more informed and calculated decision. Furthermore, the rapid penetration of smartphones eases the customer buying journey as they can access and buy puzzles and games at any time. E-commerce platforms offer a more comfortable and convenient shopping experience, enabling the segment to capture significant market share.
Type Insights: Games And Puzzles Market
The games segment captured the largest revenue share of 60.42% in 2019. This high share is attributed to the growing acceptance of board games amongst people as a means to engage in fun activities in events such as house parties and corporate team-building exercises. Furthermore, game manufacturers have started developing games with new designs and themes that offer a more immersive experience to users as compared to the previous versions of the game. Manufacturers have also started developing specially curated board games for the older population, such as Hive and Big Letter Bananagrams.
The puzzles segment captured significant revenue share in 2019. The growing trend of educational puzzles among kids and teenagers is further promoting the segment growth. There has been a significant shift in trend in the shape of puzzles as compared to those from yesteryears. Manufacturers are constantly looking for newer patterns and cuts to offer better designs and higher aesthetic charm to their puzzles, thus driving higher adoption rates. Additionally, jigsaw puzzle manufacturers, including Springbok in U.S., offer customers a chance to develop their customized puzzles, which attracts customers to leverage the platform and thus provide an impetus for the market growth.
Regional Insights: Games And Puzzles Market
Asia Pacific lead the market and accounted for 45.24% share of global revenue in 2019. The rapid advancement of 3D printing technology in China offers new growth prospects to the regional market. The region has further witnessed a steady increase in the adoption of board game cafes as a concept in China and India, owing to an emerging need amongst people to engage in more meaningful interactions and activities. For instance, Empire Penguin in Soho Shangdu, China, and ReRoll Board Games in Bangalore, India, are some of the board game cafes which offer people the opportunity to book timeslots at affordable prices and enable people to indulge in pleasant experiences.
North America contributed to market growth significantly. Several puzzle retailers in U.S. have started offering puzzles of different themes, such as sports, wildlife, culture, religion, and festival, driving adoption amongst kids and teenagers. The emergence of crowdfunding platforms in the U.S. enables puzzle creators to put out their content, which can be bought by suitors, thus offering a new revenue channel for freelancing puzzle developers. Furthermore, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) in U.S. regulates the import and export of games in the country and has laid down strict guidelines that determine product safety for children. This factor is anticipated to reflect on the market growth in the forthcoming years.Impact of COVID-19
The ongoing pandemic, COVID-19, has resulted in the rapid adoption of the board and card games. This can be attributed to lockdowns implemented in several countries and subsequent need among people to engage in entertainment and leisure activities. The confinement of people in their homes due to the emerging trend of social distancing and the need to spend quality family time is promoting the wide-scale adoption of board games and puzzles amongst people around the world. Ludo, carom, monopoly, and snakes & ladders are some of the popular board games that have witnessed a sharp increase in adoption.
Organizations worldwide are also using this opportunity to develop new games for people, thus trying to penetrate the market more effectively. For instance, Libera Universit Maria Ss. Assunta (LUMSA) in Rome, has developed a new board game highlighting the importance of social distancing and aims to generate awareness of the highly contagious disease. Furthermore, established organizations have also started diversifying their product and service offerings to capture a larger revenue share. Costco Online U.K. has started developing 4D puzzles, and Hasbro Inc. has begun offering subscription services.
Key Companies & Market Share Insights: Games And Puzzles Market
The industry has witnessed a rise in merger and acquisition activities globally as game providers are increasingly looking to tap into new revenue streams, and better penetrate the market. Manufacturers have also started partnering with media and entertainment houses to offer unique themes and diversify their product offerings. Several manufacturers in U.S. are redefining their retail strategies and are entering the e-commerce space to remain competitive. Besides, their focus on multiple distribution channels is turning out to be more successful in terms of geographical reach and hence the sale of their products.
Apart from a business point of view, companies are also undergoing strategic developments that offer more value to society and the environment. For instance, in April 2019, Hasbro, Inc. announced that it would steadily eliminate the use of plastic for product packaging requirements. Furthermore, game manufacturers and providers have started collaborating with different NGOs to donate a part of their profit towards the betterment of less fortunate people. For instance, in April 2018, Educa Borras S.A.U. launched a project with SOS Childrens Village to help needy children and families who are in a vulnerable position. Some prominent players in the games and puzzles market include:
Key companies profiled
This report forecasts revenue growths at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2016 to 2027. For the purpose of this study, Trusted Business Insights has segmented the global games and puzzles market report based on licensing, distribution channel, type, and region:
Licensing Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 2027)
Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 2027)
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 2027)
Looking for more? Check out our repository for all available reports on Games And Puzzles in related sectors.
Quick Read Table of Contents of this Report @ Games And Puzzles Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19
Trusted Business InsightsShelly ArnoldMedia & Marketing ExecutiveEmail Me For Any ClarificationsConnect on LinkedInClick to follow Trusted Business Insights LinkedIn for Market Data and Updates.US: +1 646 568 9797UK: +44 330 808 0580
- 3 Point And Click Puzzle Games That Are Great For Kids - NPR - January 15th, 2021
- What We Want to See in the New Indiana Jones Game | Game Rant - GameRant - January 15th, 2021
- 20 temporarily free and 26 on-sale apps and games for Wednesday - Android Police - January 15th, 2021
- Out Now: 'Erica - Interactive Thriller', 'Neon Beats', 'Yankai's Diamond', 'Picnic Penguin', 'Onmyoji: The Card Game', 'Basketball vs Zombies', 'The... - January 15th, 2021
- Review: The Pillar: Puzzle escape - Movies Games and Tech - January 15th, 2021
- Review: Professor Lupo: Ocean - Movies Games and Tech - January 15th, 2021
- Save on big games in the latest Nintendo eShop sale - Thumbsticks - January 15th, 2021
- Ford has been inside player Panthers have needed - Arkansas Online - January 15th, 2021
- Actually Chat To Your Own Digital Assistant In Acolyte, The Narrative/Puzzle Game About AI - TheGamer - January 13th, 2021
- The Best Escape Room Game Is Coming To Steam | TheGamer - TheGamer - January 13th, 2021
- CES 2021: The Wowcube is a next-gen puzzle gaming console that I need - Critical Hit - January 13th, 2021
- Daniel Kleffmann's Blog - Collaboration games in the aftermath of COVID-19 - Gamasutra - January 13th, 2021
- Deal: Who Thinks They Can Solve These Areaware Gradient Puzzles? - InsideHook - January 13th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'S.U.M. - Slay Uncool Monsters', 'Epitaph', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - January 13th, 2021
- REVIEW: Luna: The Shadow Dust Updates the Old Adventure Game Genre - CBR - Comic Book Resources - January 9th, 2021
- Pictopix is four years old and still the best Picross game on PC - Rock Paper Shotgun - January 9th, 2021
- Choose Topeka brought him here. Now he's releasing his first video game from the capital city. - The Topeka Capital-Journal - January 9th, 2021
- Puzzling through romance - The Tech - January 9th, 2021
- Metacritics 10 Highest Rated Games, According To User Score - GameRant - January 9th, 2021
- Eight great-looking PC games not to miss in January - PCGamesN - January 9th, 2021
- Screen-free weekend activities for kids: Keep them busy with puzzles, colouring books and more - The Independent - January 9th, 2021
- Five games I wish everyone played in 2020 - Destructoid - January 9th, 2021
- Top mobile apps of 2020: TikTok, Fitbit, Roblox and Among Us lead the way - GeekWire - January 9th, 2021
- The games we're looking forward to in 2021 - Eurogamer.net - January 9th, 2021
- Hitman 3 preview -- Beginning the end of a bloody journey - PC Invasion - January 9th, 2021
- 55 'hidden gems' released on the Switch eShop in 2020 - Destructoid - January 9th, 2021
- Heres Your Chance To Get Your Mobile Game Published And Win SGD$160,000 - IGN Southeast Asia - January 9th, 2021
- Free Guy Might Be The Only Video Game Movie The World Needs - GameRant - January 9th, 2021
- Meet the Puzzle Makers of New York Times Games - The New York Times - January 5th, 2021
- Why Gamers Should Be at the Top of Your Hiring List - Built In - January 5th, 2021
- Good Reads from Brilliant Books: 'The Inheritance Games' by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - 9&10 News - January 5th, 2021
- Oculus Quest Games 2021: Every Title Coming This Year - UploadVR - January 5th, 2021
- VR Puzzler Hyperstacks Will Be Coming To Steam Q2 2021 - Bleeding Cool News - January 5th, 2021
- Why Is Tetris the Most Searched Game Even Today - PVP Live - January 5th, 2021
- Lego Indiana Jones: 5 Things The Games Got Right About The Movies (& 5 They Got Wrong) - GameRant - January 5th, 2021
- Plant a garden, solve puzzles and save the world in these video games - The Japan Times - January 4th, 2021
- The Pillar is Headed to Mobile in 2021 - mxdwn.com - January 4th, 2021
- 36 temporarily free and 73 on-sale apps and games for New Year's Day - Android Police - January 4th, 2021
- 8 Best Games Masahiro Sakurai Worked On That Aren't Super Smash Bros. (According To Metacritic) - TheGamer - January 4th, 2021
- TheGamer Editor's Choices Of 2020 - Eric Switzer | TheGamer - TheGamer - January 4th, 2021
- We're Just Playing: Some Our Favorite Games of the Year - 25YearsLaterSite.com - January 4th, 2021
- Review: Call of the Sea Has Phenomenal Graphics, Somewhat Easy Puzzles - thirdcoastreview.com - December 31st, 2020
- The 10 video games that made 2020 bearable - The Next Web - December 31st, 2020
- Chess.com Puzzle Week 2021: All The Information - Chess.com - December 31st, 2020
- Faheys Top 10 Games Of 2020 - Kotaku Australia - December 31st, 2020
- Wccftechs Best Adventure Games of 2020 Means to Escape - Wccftech - December 31st, 2020
- The Best Video Game of 2020 Taught Me Patience in an Impatient Year - VICE - December 31st, 2020
- Test eyes, hands and mind in soccer board game from Bethel hall-of-famer in Mishawaka - South Bend Tribune - December 31st, 2020
- Hell Sports, Wingspan, Cube Raiders, The Innsmouth Case and the uber-cheap FUZE Player arrive on Switch - Games Asylum - December 31st, 2020
- Smith the problem solver faces tough new puzzle - The Roar - December 31st, 2020
- How To Get The Most Out Of Xbox Game Pass - Kotaku - December 31st, 2020
- Call of the Sea Interview Art Style, Puzzles, Story, and More - GamingBolt - December 28th, 2020
- Professor Lupo: Ocean is a puzzle adventure game that's set to release for iOS, Android and Switch today - Pocket Gamer - December 28th, 2020
- 10 Anime That Are Actually Better As Video Games | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources - December 28th, 2020
- Who Wants Candy? - The New York Times - December 28th, 2020
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'BIT.TRIP' Series, 'Door Kickers', 'DungeonTop', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - December 28th, 2020
- All 15 Canon Castlevania Games, Ranked Worst To Best - Screen Rant - December 28th, 2020
- The 11 Best Android Puzzle Games of 2020 - DroidGamers - December 27th, 2020
- Review: Rusty Spout Rescue Adventure - Movies Games and Tech - December 27th, 2020
- The 24 Best Upcoming Games on Android in 2021 - DroidGamers - December 27th, 2020
- Rick Carlisle forced to figure out the right pieces to the rebounding puzzle with Porzingis out of the lineup - Dallas Sports Fanatic - December 27th, 2020
- GOTY 2020: The 20 best video games of 2020 - Thumbsticks - December 27th, 2020
- Lets kill Santa! - The A.V. Club - December 26th, 2020
- Nuts & Spire Blast Are Coming Soon To Apple Arcade - Bleeding Cool News - December 26th, 2020
- Our Favorite Crossword Clues of 2020 - The New Yorker - December 26th, 2020
- The best split screen games to play this Christmas - PCGamesN - December 26th, 2020
- The 5 Worst Christmas Games You've Never Heard Of (Or Tried) - TechRaptor - December 26th, 2020
- A Perfect Score or Half of One - The New York Times - December 26th, 2020
- 7 Games To Play With Your Kids Over Christmas - Kotaku - December 26th, 2020
- PlayStation Universe Game Of The Year 2020 Awards - A Complete List Of The Best Games In 2020 - PlayStation Universe - December 26th, 2020
- Escape the Room, Escape the World - The New York Times - December 23rd, 2020
- The Best Indie Games You May Have Missed This Year - WIRED - December 23rd, 2020
- SiNKR 2 Review: Catch of the Day - TheXboxHub - December 23rd, 2020
- A Year Without Hits: Toys Face A Changing Market 12/23/2020 - MediaPost Communications - December 23rd, 2020
- Eight games like Breath of the Wild that you should play - Digital Trends - December 23rd, 2020
- Call of the Sea Review | Game Rant - GameRant - December 23rd, 2020
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Double Dragon Neon', 'Landflix Odyssey', 'Override 2', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - December 23rd, 2020
- Best New Switch Games In 2020 By Score - GameSpot - December 22nd, 2020
- Best New PC Games In 2020 By Score - GameSpot - December 22nd, 2020
- Grindstone is One of the Switch's Best Puzzle Games - Goomba Stomp - December 22nd, 2020