Hasnt it been interesting how the farther along we get in this COVID-19 lockdown, the farther backintime we go?
Ive found it fascinating that people are returning to what our parents, grandparents or great-grandparents did to get through tough times.
Technology aside, think about how most of us arereturning to simpler activities.
Look at all the photos of people doing jigsawpuzzles.I dont think Ive done a puzzle in decades, but they are certainly back in vogue.Same goes for board games (Monopoly, Clueand Scrabble).People seem to be dusting off the old books and old vinyl records.
It has been really interesting to see children doing so many crafts or actually playing outside.
I literally stopped and watched the other day as I saw a father from next door teaching his little boy about street hockey, which hes been able to do with notraffic.It was so nice.
Sidewalk chalk drawings are the new graffiti. And what an improvement!
People of all ages are painting and doing diamond art projects or sewing, masks and otherwise.
The old classic comedies are enjoying a resurgence.Everyone is yearning for a simpler time and if a 30-minute sitcom can take us to a happier place then so be it.
Drive-ins are making headlines again.They may become the safe way to gather in groups albeit inour vehicles to watch a movie.With all thatopen space and audio/video connections already in place, they could also be used for church services.
Keith Urban recently did a live concert at a Nashville drive-in, and reported it worked perfectly for giving fansa live show while adhering to social distancing.What a smart idea!Live music, group feel and you can bring your own snacks.
Kitchens are getting used and in some cases overused.
Im not sure what the connection is between a pandemic and sour dough but there sure is a lot of bread making going on.
Comfort food abounds.Casseroles, stews, soups and cookies.Those great old recipe books are being dragged out of the basement and given new life.
If memory serves, this is just what Grandma did.Family love was shown through food preparation and sharing.The smell of freshly baked biscuits was all that was required to feel happy and content.
Clearly, it works still today.People are still showing love through the making orsharing of food with friends and neighbours whether that comes in a covered Corningware dish or from Skip the Dishes.
So many pastimes or hobbies that may have fallen a bit by the wayside are back with a vengeance.
Gardening has always been popular, but I think even more so now as people are desperate to get out in the fresh air. A lot of folks are trying their green thumbs at a backyard or patio garden.
Cats are no longer the only bird watchers in the family.People seem absolutely delighted to see and identify the feathery visitors in the yard.
With necessity being the mother of invention,how many moms or dads have been cast in the role of hairstylist?Talk about throwback Saturdays!Mom would cut, curl or otherwise torture us with the smelly Toni perm so our hair would look Shirley Temple-esque for Sunday church.
At this moment,the thought of her taming my mane seems like heaven even if she cut my bangs crooked and then had to keep taking a little more here and a little more there until there was a thin line of fringe left.
Children are once again learning at the feet of their parents. Mom and Dad have always been our first teachers, but not quite as they are expected to be now.
There are so many ways we are going back in time during this time of uncertainty.
That greatest generation was strong, smart, resilient and determined.
It will do us well to take a page from their guidebook.
- Creaks, a trippy 2D puzzle game, arrives on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC in July - Daily Star - July 3rd, 2020
- The recursive world simulation & puzzle-making process in Maquette - PlayStation.Blog - July 3rd, 2020
- Maquette Will Bring Mind-Bendingly Clever Recursive Puzzles To PS5, PS4, And PC This Year - GameSpot - July 3rd, 2020
- How citizen scientists and video games are taking on Covid-19 - RTE.ie - July 3rd, 2020
- Felix The Reaper Comes To Life on iOS - GameSpace.com - July 3rd, 2020
- Turok and Grip highlight free games for Twitch Prime members this July - PC Invasion - July 3rd, 2020
- Incredibly Innovative Puzzle Game Carto Comes To PS4 This Fall - PlayStation Universe - July 1st, 2020
- This Doctor Who Sliding Puzzle Game Is Driving Me Insane and I Can't Stop Playing It - Gizmodo - July 1st, 2020
- Made in the USSR: 6 video games Soviets went crazy over - Russia Beyond - July 1st, 2020
- Adventure/puzzle game 'Carto' heading to Switch - GoNintendo - July 1st, 2020
- 10 Fantastic Disney Games From The 16-Bit Era | TheGamer - TheGamer - July 1st, 2020
- Top 10 Addictive Games That Can Help You Cure Boredom at the Workplace - ThisisXbox - July 1st, 2020
- With dinnertime singing and 1,000-piece puzzles, the Portland Thorns are settling into the bubble before faci - OregonLive - July 1st, 2020
- Games to Watch Out For This July GameSpew - GameSpew - June 30th, 2020
- Shelter Tails: Whoever adopts Hank will need a sense of humor - Times Herald-Record - June 30th, 2020
- Apple just unveiled its picks of the best iPad and iPhone apps of the year - here they are - TechRadar - June 30th, 2020
- Doctor Who fans are losing their minds over the new Thirteen Doctors game - RadioTimes - June 30th, 2020
- THOSE WHO REMAIN Review: Fear Of The Dark And Heavy Decisions - GameTyrant - June 30th, 2020
- Five new Steam games you probably missed (June 29, 2020) - PC Gamer - June 29th, 2020
- The Almost Gone Review - New Game Network - June 29th, 2020
- Power-Ups - The New York Times - June 29th, 2020
- United Fresh LIVE! Badge, Puzzle and Trivia winners announced - FreshPlaza.com - June 29th, 2020
- Review: Neversong's Moody Nightmare World Doesn't Strike the Right Chords - thirdcoastreview.com - June 29th, 2020
- How Xbox Series X Game Call Of The Sea Uses The Console's Power - GameSpot - June 29th, 2020
- The best new Android and iOS apps you should download this week - AndroidPIT - June 28th, 2020
- Nintendo Switch free games news: Two unmissable free downloads have just hit the eShop - Express - June 28th, 2020
- Apple Arcade needs games made with iPads in mind - heres why - TechRadar - June 28th, 2020
- Here's what we played during the Steam Game Festival Part 2 - GTOGG - June 28th, 2020
- Here are the discussions you missed in the PC Gamer forums this week - PC Gamer - June 28th, 2020
- Puzzler Superliminal Releasing July 7th - Pure PlayStation - June 26th, 2020
- THE ALMOST GONE Review: An Intriguing Puzzle Game With A Haunting Tale - GameTyrant - June 26th, 2020
- The Almost Gone review dreamlike puzzles unlock a world of dark unease - The Guardian - June 26th, 2020
- Urban Flow is coming tomorrow, 26th of June! - GamingLyfe Network - June 26th, 2020
- European eShop releases for the week of June 25th, 2020 - GoNintendo - June 26th, 2020
- Uncover the truth behind the dioramas of The Almost Gone , now available! - Gamasutra - June 26th, 2020
- Blair Witch, Mr. DRILLER DrillLand, Ninjala, Duke Nukem 3D, and SpongeBob Rehydrated hit the Switch - Games Asylum - June 26th, 2020
- Garden Story pushes its harvest back to 2021 - Shacknews - June 26th, 2020
- Dr. Mario World Introduces Dr Baby Wario, And We're Not Sure If He's Cute Or Not - GameSpot - June 24th, 2020
- An Ode to The End - SUPERJUMP - Medium - June 24th, 2020
- Indie Spotlight: Why KO_OP believes Apple Arcade is the perfect introduction for non-gamers - Pocket Gamer.Biz - June 24th, 2020
- Gotta drink up! Heres the official Sonic energy drink - Thumbsticks - June 24th, 2020
- Ever Forward is coming to Switch at the end of the year - Videogamer.com - June 24th, 2020
- The 10 Best Tetris Video Games Of All Time | Game Rant - GameRant - June 24th, 2020
- Five new games to play on your mobile this summer - The Upcoming - June 23rd, 2020
- 'Circulous', the Semi-Sequel to 'The Company Game' from Teenage Developer Chain Reaction Games, Now Available for Pre-Order - Touch Arcade - June 23rd, 2020
- Ever Forward by Pathea Games is Coming to Nintendo Switch - Gamasutra - June 23rd, 2020
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Western Release on PlayStation 4 Set for October 27, PC and Switch in 2021 - Niche Gamer - June 23rd, 2020
- Time travel puzzle game The Great Perhaps coming to PS4, Xbox One, and Switch on July 10 - Gematsu - June 23rd, 2020
- The Last of Us Part 2 Review: A Brutally Heartfelt Masterpiece - KeenGamer News - June 23rd, 2020
- New Catherine: Full Body Switch Trailer Revealed at New Game Plus Expo - GameRant - June 23rd, 2020
- CLASS IN SESSION! MYSTERIOUS PUZZLE ADVENTURE GAME THE ACADEMY: THE FIRST RIDDLE UNVEILS ITS SECRETS TODAY - Gamasutra - June 22nd, 2020
- The World Video Game Hall of Fame 2020 inductees have been announced - My Nintendo News - June 22nd, 2020
- Page A4 | E-Edition | thetandd.com - The Times and Democrat - June 22nd, 2020
- 10 PS4 Games That Are Harder Than Dark Souls | Game Rant - GameRant - June 22nd, 2020
- Lots of us adopted dogs in quarantine: 'Dog Whisperer' Csar Milln has some tips - Greater Milwaukee Today - June 22nd, 2020
- Protagonists, Puzzles and Ports: An Interview With Ever Forward's Producer - GameSpew - June 22nd, 2020
- Picture Puzzle Market Share, Growth, Statistics, By Application, Production, Revenue & Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 22nd, 2020
- The best retro games and PS4 remasters on sale - Explica - June 22nd, 2020
- Games of the week Skelattack, Maneater, Potata: Fairy Flower and SpongeBob: Patty Pursuit - Inverness Courier - June 22nd, 2020
- Solution to Riddle of the Week: The Pickleball Puzzle - Yahoo News - June 21st, 2020
- This is the first prescription video game for treating ADHD in kids - The Indian Express - June 21st, 2020
- What's something about games you didn't mind as a kid but can't stand now? - PC Gamer - June 21st, 2020
- How to Solve The Secret Silent Hill Clock Tower Puzzle in Dead by Daylight - Screen Rant - June 19th, 2020
- 15 must-try demos from the Steam Summer Game Festival - PCWorld - June 19th, 2020
- Augmented Reality Mobile Games Market to See Massive Growth by 2025 | Niantic, Sony, Six to Start - 3rd Watch News - June 19th, 2020
- Rising SEA Woven Is a Free Collection of Mini-Games Celebrating Southeast Asian Culture - The Escapist - June 19th, 2020
- Pokmon Caf Mix is an absolutely adorable puzzle game for Switch and mobile - The Verge - June 18th, 2020
- App Army Assemble: Reky - Is this Bauhaus-inspired puzzler a must-buy on mobile? - Pocket Gamer - June 18th, 2020
- Play This, Not That: The Last of Us Part II - SuperParent - June 17th, 2020
- Download over 900 demos in the Steam Summer Game Festival - AllGamers - June 17th, 2020
- Stockholm-based Stillfront lands 114 million to expand its global group of gaming studios - EU-Startups - June 17th, 2020
- 'Kosmokrats' Puts Starship-Building in the Hands of a Potato Peeler - Indie Games Plus - June 17th, 2020
- Copy Cats - The New York Times - June 17th, 2020
- The biggest news from the Upload VR Showcase: Summer Edition - Digital Trends - June 16th, 2020
- Ever Forward Interview - The Art Of Designing Narrative-Driven Puzzles - Noisy Pixel - June 16th, 2020
- Games from Iceberg Interactive in the Steam Summer Festival - FULLSYNC - June 16th, 2020
- Unitied, a Minimalist and Relaxing Puzzle Game coming to Switch June 25th - SwitchWatch - June 16th, 2020
- Go To Hell In VR Puzzler Trial By Teng From The Creators Of Form - UploadVR - June 16th, 2020
- Bundle for Racial Justice Closes with 8 Million Raised - Heavy.com - June 16th, 2020
- Surgeon Simulator 2 is Transplanting to the Epic Games Store in August - GameSpew - June 16th, 2020