Last week Facebook launched Oculus App Lab, a non-store distribution method for developers to get their games into the hands of consumers without requiring sideloading. Weve spoken to several developers to learn about a bunch of Quest apps and games slated for release through App Lab.
First off, lets cover the games that are already out on App Lab. There are the 12 that it launched with and a couple of others that have launched since then.Heres the full current list, as far as we know:
Ancient Dungeon Beta(Free)by ErThuBaby Hands($20)by Chicken WaffleCrisis VRigade($6)by SumalabCrisis VRigade 2($20)by SumalabCyber Tennis ($15) by Technical ArtsDeisim($8)by Myron SoftwareDescent Alps Demo(Free)by SuturGym Class(Free)by IRL Studios IncMarineVerse Cup($20)by MarineVersePuzzling Places Beta(Free)byrealities.ioIncRhythm n Bullets ($10) by DB CreationsSpark AR Player(Free)by FacebookSmash Drums Demo(Free)by PotamWorksZoe(Free)by apelab
The rest of this list will be games that, as of the time of this writing, are not yet published onto App Lab for consumers to buy and/or download. These are all games and apps that weve been told about from developers directly that have either been submitted to approval or are in the process of preparing to be submitted.
Well try to keep this updated for a while until there is a better way of tracking this stuff! You can also check out SideQuest, which now has an App Lab filter in its browsing options. Its also totally fair to assume that, at some point or another, virtually any decent SideQuest app or game that is not on App Lab may eventually come to App Lab. It would be silly for a developer not to make that submission.
And finally, one caveat: there is of course still the chance that any of these apps are denied from App Lab. Curation requirements are much lower than on the official Store, so as long as games/apps hit performance targets it shouldnt be a big problem since unfinished content is one of the main focuses of the initiative. Id wager most, if not all, of these will reach App Lab.
Booper Get Home! is a 3rd person VR platformer based on the drawings of the developers kid (who is on the autism spectrum, limited-verbal) The game is about exploration, problem solving and helping people, and, of course; helping Booper Get Home.
The game features no health/ damage/ lives to worry about and the game will also focus on educational aspects, and what it is like what it is like being a young person navigating the big wide world.
Train to become the greatest Kung Fu Master the world has ever seen. You will begin as a tourist to Martial Arts, with no experience and slow reflexes. You will progressively move onto harder tiers of training, faster and more complex, until you no longer need to think but simply react.
In Crazy Kung Fu you will fight against a wooden training dummy, using your hands as well as your body to punch, block and dodge the various spinning arms. Throughout your journey you will learn how to be a master at all of these, building muscle memory at first, to then rely on instinct and quick thinking.
A virtual reality Disc Golf game, being developed for the Oculus Quest & Rift S. Play now with a full 18-hole course, 5 disc types to choose from, and the new Career Mode that tracks your stats across play sessions!
Dream Tango has come out of nowhere as a really impressive-sounding and ambitious VR game that aims to blend story-based narrative moments with surreal puzzles in an exciting action-adventure package. In it, you take on the role of Dream Agent Torii, who is tasked with restoring the Dream Jewel, which has been shattered and scattered across the Dream Realm.
Approximately 20% of the game is completed at this time, so it appears that theyll be aiming to publish a demo version on App Lab for Quest right now.
Sit back. Relax. Enjoy your favourite music surrounded by audio-reactive visual effects. You can play any audio track stored on your Quest with different effects. You can also access DLNA media servers on your network including Plex, Synology, QNAP, and many others.
Supports MP3, WAV, and more file formats. Theres also a laid-back mode so you can literally lie back and enjoy. Plus hand-tracking support with 90Hz for Quest 2!
Finger Gun is the first VR game in development that takes advantage of hand tracking to allow the player to play with their hands as if they were revolvers.
Finger Gun is a VR shooter in which the player takes the role of the town sheriff, whos task will be to clear the different levels by taking down the enemies. This sheriff is quite special, though: he can turn his hands into real working revolvers any time he feels threatened. This way, just as when we were kids, we will be able to shape a gun with nothing else than our hands, and what imagination did back then will now be taken care of by virtual reality and hand tracking.
Flowborne is a virtual reality experience that conveys a healthy breathing style in an intuitive and playful way. The game takes you on a meditative journey through a fascinating virtual world. Follow the traces of Yuna who once roamed the temples of the world to discover the secret of the breath.
Experience a memorable and deeply relaxing pilgrimage through soothing landscapes and unravel the secret of the breath. Allow yourself to let go and master the art of diaphragmatic breathing.
More info here.
Guardians is an innovative VR shooter that blends RTS and FPS genres in a Sci-Fi setting. The game has a single player campaign and multi player PVP and PVE modes. Both multiplayer modes are cross play between PC and Oculus Quest.
Help Club, a virtual reality mental health peer support app. This was in response to his request for apps that are being submitted to the App Lab program. We have been communicating with Oculus about our app for almost a year, and they recommended we launch via App Lab upon its release.
The goal of Help Club is to create a space for people to attend anonymous group peer support meetings, learn coping skills, and create a mental health support community thats available 24/7. Each person who joins the community is vetted to ensure it remains a safe space for all.
Relax while completing beautifully detailed spherical jigsaws on your Oculus Quest. The new way to experience a traditional puzzle.
Only possible in VR. Find yourself stood inside the jigsaw. Use your tracked controllers (or experimental hand-tracking) to precisely place your pieces as you build the spherical puzzle. Rotate the jigsaw and scene to see it from different angles or simply walk around the jigsaw. Traditional flat jigsaws are also included.
Everyone knows Tilt Brush, right? Its a VR app that lets you paints and draw, in 3D, in the air around you and create amazing things. Now, since Google has stopped work on it and shifted to make it open source, weve already got a Quest-native multiplayer version up and operational on SideQuest called MultiBrush. Naturally, theyre targeting an App Lab release next.
NP Skills Lab, from inciteVR ($TBD)Medical training app for Nurse Practitioner students
The Clinic Immersives NP Skills Labs Enterpriseallows nurse practitioner (NP) students to develop clinical lab skills using their own affordable Oculus Quest mobile VR with unlimited access, anywhere-anytime, using hand tracking inputs to practice in either guided or expert modes.
NP learners and faculty access the Clinic Immersives NP Skills Labs through a Cloud-based enterprise that provides application control, headset control, learner progress monitoring, and rich analytics reporting of learning outcomes that provides insight for every aspect of clinical skills labs, learner performance, and learner and class skills gaps.
Last year I started an education company (Prisms of Reality) to reimagine the secondary math learning experience (which as you know continues to disengage the vast majority of kids!).
My team and I built our first Algebra learning game for the Quest that helps students learn and apply exponential functions to understand and solve relevant problems related to the global Pandemic (funded by the National Science Foundation). We willbe submitting to QuestAppLab, and are launching on Steam / SideQuest at the end of this month.
If youre looking for one of the best FPS games in VR, then this is it. There are tons of maps and game modes and for a game that requires you to sideload it there are actually quite a lot of active players. Its similar to Contractors with a reasonably fast-paced format and has great weapon handling. Definitely recommend checking this out now if you can, or waiting for the App Lab version.
In Peco Peco the jigsaw puzzles feel physical: you manipulate the colorful pieces, you snap them, and as you snap them, the model comes to life with sounds and animations.
Thanks to VR, the models are much more impressive than your ordinary puzzles: giant cookies, dancing jelly fruits, entire miniature mythical battles, small magical worlds with floating boats and moving cloud.
Perpetuum Mobile is a ode to the games in vector graphics found in the arcade in the 70s , 80s and on some home consoles.
You are the pilot of the infinite flyer Perpetuum Mobile and the last chance for the human race. So fly thru the tunnels of doom that the evil empire has created and destroy the army of villains, while trying to survive the dangerous maze and landscape.
RealFit provides custom bodyweight training workouts with added games and stats to keep you motivated. Free your workout from the confines of your living room get moving in VR with RealFit.
Bodyweight training exercises and games to get you moving your whole body, no need for extra equipment or expensive gym memberships. Custom workout options, environments and stats tracking help keep you motivated.
Games inspiring this project areThief, Dark MessiahandBlade of Darkness. Physics and world interaction will be core of major game mechanics. Each level will be designed so that it can be passed in several ways, using stealth or raw force. We plan to include accurate damage model and adaptive AI (inspirationFEAR 1-2). Multiplayer and COOP support is also planned but final implementation will depend on community support and demand.
Level after level, your experience will increase as well as the number of your gourmet customers. They are in a hurry, so make it quick to satisfy them before they leave!
Hungry, they wont let you make a mistake, even though burger orders will become more and more complicated Be attentive and precise, to make the best possible profit!
Song Beater is a VR rhythm/fitness game on steroids available forQuestandQuest 2 (90 fps supported!). It includes six game modes, over 60 songs, and leaderboards.
Beat challenging songs with your bare fists in Fit Boxing mode, wield variety of weapons (blades, tonfas, phasers, staff, saw) in Free Style or dominate the playfield in Real 360 mode!
Go for a Space Walk and feel the vastness of space with your Oculus Quest. There are three scenes:
The Earth: Exit the space shuttle and chill out, orbiting over any part of The Earth to view the continents and oceans. Set the time-of-day to view sunrises and night lights. Complete challenges to recover satellites to the space shuttle.
Save The World! An asteroid is heading towards Earth. Navigate through the asteroids tunnels to plant explosives to destroy it in a race against time. 15 levels with 3 levels of difficulty.
The Space Station: Float around the outside of the Space Station and view the fully working Canadarm remote arm and visiting HTV supply vessels. Complete a puzzle fixing solar panels randomly different puzzle every time.
Learn how to solve a cube, practice your skills, and compete with others to become the fastest cuber! Featuring free play, competitive mode with leaderboards, automatic shuffling, and a guider to assist with learning.
Experience the thrill of the death-overs with this action-packed VR Cricket game developed from the ground up for Oculus Quest. While everyone is asked to stay inside homes & cricket grounds have gone cheerless & crowd-less, revive the vigor of cricket by not being a mere spectator but by actually being in the shoes of a batsman and chasing a mighty target in just a few overs.
With incredibly simplistic gameplay, The Final Overs doesnt require any professional hands to hurl the ball way into the crowd with a powerful swing of the bat. Even if youre new & know little to nothing about cricket, this game offers you the basic experience to effortlessly familiarize yourself with it and enjoy it without needing to learn about the sport.
For years the sharkpopulation has dwindled due to improper fishing practices and illegal trade. Now a gang ofshark-fin traders has attacked and captured thelasttwo remaining sharks on Earth, a mothershark, and her child. What lengths will you go to protect and rescue these majestic creatures?
TheLastSharkis a stealth action-adventure VR game where you must protect and rescue thelastliving sharks on Earth. Armed with nothing but your two bare hands, you infiltrate illegal fishing operations and retrieve information on where these sharks are held. Will you find them before its too late?
Fly, build, and protect the hive! Unstung is a challenging tower defense game with a unique, colorful art style and simple, intuitive 3D controls thats in development for Oculus Quest. You control Q, the Queen Bee as you collect pollen from fallen enemy bugs and build towers full of bee allies. Destroy armies of approaching bugs, protect your hive until the new queen is ready, and then go create a new hive.
Unstung will release in early 2021 with 12 levels. Each level will have a different layout, visual theme, and unique gameplay challenge. This early pre-release is a teaser, with only 4 levels.
Once you download ViFit, get ready for some fun, motivating and epic fitness sessions. You choose the session you want, its intensity and the music you want to play with.Change the environment at any time by pressing Y, and move from side to side reaching objects that seem impossible to reach.
Jabs, uppercuts, hooks, squats, sidesteps and many more movements that you will enjoy doing to complete your sessions in all 360 directions. You will have to put your full strength and precision into every movement you make to achieve your highest score and beat the community.
Simply put, this is a game about fighting in VR, we allow you the full liberty to apply your real-world fighting skills into our game and beat up your opponent virtually. This is aiming to become the Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat in VR.
Virtuoso is a new way to make music that is easy to get into and deep enough to wow a concert crowd. Gone are the days of clunky virtual pianos, these instruments were built for VR, and for creating without pausing the music.
Record using live looping, creating anything from satisfying ambient droning to hip hop or upbeat techno as you go. Connect to any music program using MIDI, or bring your headset anywhere and play with the built-in sounds. The skys the limit for what you can put into your music, but even as a beginner youll feel like a Virtuoso.
This is one of the few actual full-body workout apps available in VR. Youll have to hit hand cues to the beat of music just like all the others, but also youll be doing squats, running in place, and much more all with just your body and hands. No controllers required. We were big fans when we first tried it back in May of last year.
War Yards is a 1v1 multiplayer shooter that approaches bullet time combat in a whole new way. The game utilizes a unique set of mechanics that allow each player to control the speed of their opponents projectiles. Bullet time mode can be activated at any time, but while active it restricts the player to room-scale movement only and removes their ability to reload.
These mechanics create an unparalleled combat experience that seamlessly blends fast paced action with tense strategy. War Yards combines these innovative gameplay systems with incredibly detailed stylized maps to make for a truly unforgettable VR western adventure.
If youre a VR developer that has submitted something to Oculus App Lab on Quest or are planning to submit something soon, let us know down in the comments below or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Games added since original publication: RealFit, Virtuoso, and War Yards
- 11 new Android games from the last week: The best, worst, and everything in between (3/29/21 - 4/4/21) - Android Police - April 4th, 2021
- Classic games like chess and Sudoku are now easier to play on iPhones and iPads - TechRadar - April 4th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Dungeon & Puzzles', 'Stick Fight: The Game', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - April 4th, 2021
- The Three Best and Worst Games of March 2021 - COGconnected - April 4th, 2021
- Google Play Pass now has over 800 games, apps - HT Tech - April 4th, 2021
- The Easiest Ways to Boost Your Gamerscore from the Xbox Games of March 2021 - TheXboxHub - April 4th, 2021
- Game of the Month: March 2021's Best PS5, PS4 Games - Pure PlayStation - April 4th, 2021
- This Weeks VR Game Roundup: New Archery Game, Kitchen Island VR - VR Fitness Insider - April 4th, 2021
- Best New Android Games This Week: The Wake, Quick Fire, Dual Summoners, and More - DroidGamers - April 4th, 2021
- It Takes Two review: This is how it runs on PC - Laptop Mag - April 4th, 2021
- Pillars of Active Aging - Old School Puzzles And Games To Promote Active Aging Brain Health - LNP | LancasterOnline - March 4th, 2021
- Tvinnr: Basic tips to help you enjoy this relaxing puzzle game - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- Maquette is a neat puzzle game that packs an emotional punch - The Next Web - March 4th, 2021
- Our most anticipated indie games of 2021 - Rock Paper Shotgun - March 4th, 2021
- MonkeyBox 2: Cards! is an upcoming puzzle adventure game for iOS from TheCodingMonkeys - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- Play with Gravity in Gravifire on Xbox and Switch - TheXboxHub - March 4th, 2021
- Lovin Games Weekly - There is a new Aliens game on the way - Lovin Dublin - March 4th, 2021
- It Takes Two Isn't Focusing on Replayability, Won't Have Collectibles - GameRant - March 4th, 2021
- The Video Games to Play This Month: Get Tiny with Maquette, It Takes Two, and More! - The Portland Mercury - March 4th, 2021
- 50% Kemco RPG and Puzzle Games on PS Store - GLYFE Nation - March 4th, 2021
- Worst Pokmon Spin-off Games Nintendo Should Never Remake - Screen Rant - March 4th, 2021
- Super Rare Games giving immersive puzzle game Creaks a physical Switch release next week - GoNintendo - March 4th, 2021
- Every Uncharted Game, Ranked Worst To Best | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - March 4th, 2021
- 10 Games We Need To See On PSVR2 That Could Actually Happen On PS5 - TheGamer - March 4th, 2021
- PC Review - 'Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead' - WorthPlaying.com - March 4th, 2021
- The Next Hawks Coach Will Have to Solve the Trae Young Puzzle - The Ringer - March 4th, 2021
- Sponsored: 5 games that make you think like a programmer - Gamasutra - March 4th, 2021
- Inked review - "If only looks were everything" | Articles - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- From Portal to Witcher 3: The games people cheat at the most! - European Gaming Industry News - March 4th, 2021
- 5 Best PC Boxing games to play in 2021 - Gameranx - March 4th, 2021
- What Are the Most Popular Types of Mobile Game? | TechQuila - TechQuila - February 19th, 2021
- The Legend of Zelda games ranked! - The Guardian - February 19th, 2021
- Wordsmyth is a beautiful daily word game coming soon to iOS and Android - Pocket Gamer - February 19th, 2021
- Review: She Remembered Caterpillars - Movies Games and Tech - February 19th, 2021
- Artie raises $10 million as it pivots to make instant games - VentureBeat - February 19th, 2021
- Fortnite Creative gets callout for puzzles and platformers - AltChar - February 19th, 2021
- Top 10 games to download and play first on your new Apple iPhone - Gadget Bridge - February 19th, 2021
- Outer Wilds launches this summer on Nintendo Switch - Shacknews - February 19th, 2021
- Steam Developer Banned After Trying to Trick Users About Positive Reviews - VICE - February 19th, 2021
- Global Games and Puzzles Market 2020 Industry Analysis, Key Drivers, Business Strategy, Opportunities and Forecast to 2025 Express Keeper - Express... - February 19th, 2021
- Next 10 Classic Horror Games To Play If You Liked The Medium - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- Game stores seeing an increase in new customers since the COVID-19 pandemic - WeAreGreenBay.com - February 17th, 2021
- The First 10 Games Released On The PS2 (In Chronological Order) - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- Zynga Expects Its Mobile Gaming Empire to Grow More Than 30% In 2021 - Motley Fool - February 17th, 2021
- 8 Underrated Open-World Games (That Came Out In The Last 5 Years) - GameRant - February 17th, 2021
- The Room 4: Old Sins Is Out For PC, And Prettier Than Ever - Kotaku - February 17th, 2021
- Knight's Retreat Review - Chess but not! - TheXboxHub - February 17th, 2021
- Soapbox: We Were Here, the Free PS4 Game No One Will Play with Me - Push Square - February 17th, 2021
- PS5 : HuniePop 2, another title that joins Twitch's list of banned games - Explica - February 17th, 2021
- 10 VR Games That Don't Give You Motion Sickness - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- 10 Things You Never Knew About The Origins Of Tetris | Game Rant - GameRant - February 17th, 2021
- Games of the week: The Medium, Spire Blast, Encodya and Solas 128 - Inverness Courier - February 17th, 2021
- Nokia 5.4 review this ones for the stock Android fans on a tight budget - Business Insider India - February 17th, 2021
- Thorny Puzzle Title Room To Grow Is Coming To PC This Month - Bleeding Cool News - February 14th, 2021
- Imaginative Puzzle Game QV Heading To Steam | TheGamer - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- 10 Open World Games That Have No Combat | Game Rant - GameRant - February 14th, 2021
- Schell Games Talks I Expect You To Die 2 And VR's Future - UploadVR - February 14th, 2021
- ConnecTank Is a Multiplayer Tank Battle and Puzzle Game Coming This Fall - SuperParent - February 14th, 2021
- Best Valentines Day games for couples: top titles to play with your loved one - TechRadar - February 14th, 2021
- Outer Wilds And The Best Games That Use Time Loops - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- The Most Peaceful Games of 2020, Ranked | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - February 14th, 2021
- Best new mobile games on iOS and Android this February - Metro.co.uk - February 14th, 2021
- PS4 Update: Download This New F2P PlayStation 4 Game - RealSport101 - February 14th, 2021
- The Best Free PC Games of Multiple Category in 2021 - TechnoSports - February 14th, 2021
- The DeanBeat: Has the game industry hit its peak with crazy valuations or just begun its growth? - VentureBeat - February 14th, 2021
- Video game review: 'The Medium' a messy horror game with inventive puzzles - telegraphherald.com - February 14th, 2021
- TouchArcade Game of the Week: 'Knightin'+' - Touch Arcade - February 14th, 2021
- Numskull Games Offers Sneak Peek At Upcoming Titles, Reveals RICO London - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- Recursive Puzzle Game, Maquette, to be Released in March - mxdwn.com - February 11th, 2021
- Tackle thorny problems in 'Room to Grow' a plant pushing puzzle game launching on Steam for PC & Mac 25th February 2021! - Gamasutra - February 11th, 2021
- PS5 and PS4 free game bonus: Grab a friend and download co-op puzzler for free - Express - February 11th, 2021
- Somethings Fishy About This Steam Games Very Positive Reviews - Kotaku - February 11th, 2021
- Human Fall Flat Was Originally Designed To Be Portal Meets Limbo - TheGamer - February 11th, 2021
- Tilting Point will invest up to $60 million in user acquisition for Loop Games Match 3D game - VentureBeat - February 11th, 2021
- Nuts Review- Hiding Above the Trees, Looking For Squirrels - DualShockers - February 11th, 2021
- A bit about our currently nameless game company, and what we're working on at the moment - Gamasutra - February 11th, 2021
- 'Breath Of The Wild' Reinvented Zelda Games. 'Bowser's Fury' Does That For Mario - Mashable India - February 11th, 2021
- Slipways was the best demo in the Steam Games Festival, but it's gone now - Rock Paper Shotgun - February 9th, 2021
- Move Over, Mother 3 - THESE Nintendo Games Should Be Localized Too - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 9th, 2021
- Solve puzzles in a recursive world where everything is simultaneously tiny and massive - PC Gamer - February 9th, 2021