Ah, Valentine's Day. The one day a year when we can shamelessly show affection to our significant other. Some choose to do so with flowers, some choose a romantic meal out, while others spend the entire weekend binge-watching the latest hit show.
But if, like us, you want to take advantage of this date to spend quality time with both of your true loves, weve selected the best games out there for playing with your partner this Valentines Day.
We realize there are a number of us who are coupled with somebody who may not be as enthused about the latest game releases as ourselves, but this list aims to make sure both players will have a whale of a time, covering a range of games including co-operative playthroughs, episodic encounters or captivating single-player narratives that are sure to keep both viewers glued to the screen for hours on end.
Ready to fill your heart meter? Read on for the best Valentines Day games for couples.
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Android and Mac
Some games you dont play so much as you simply experience. Life is Strange is one of those games and brings with it a real emotional rollercoaster. Ever wanted to feel closer to your significant other? Make your way through the five-part episodic graphic adventure and your emotions will be tugged at from all directions.
The story follows 18-year old Max, who suddenly discovers she has the ability to rewind time. From this, a whole host of decisions must be made that impact the story as a whole, with every choice more consequential than the last. Each episode lasts approximately two hours and offers a worthy rival to any Netflix series sitting on your watchlist.
Life is Strange is technically a single-player game, but teaming up with a loved one to make some big decisions (which will affect the whole story - no pressure) makes it even more enjoyable. Well, until you disagree...
Today's best Life is Strange deals
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One and PC
Supermassive Games Dark Pictures Anthology is currently made up of two games: Little Hope and Man of Medan. Both games are interactive survival horrors in the vein of classic teen slasher movies, with the aim being to get all the characters out alive. Whether or not you do this is based on the choices you make, and its very easy to make one bad decision and then have the jock torn apart by some big, bad supernatural being.
While you can play both games with one player in the drivers seat as it were, The Dark Pictures Anthology also offers two multiplayer modes: Movie Night, which allows you and your beloved to divvy up the characters between you, or Shared Story which sees you both playing co-op online with other players. We advise going for Movie Night, so you can share the experience of shouting at each other when someone makes a character decision that sees a horny teen being killed off.
Today's best The Dark Pictures Anthology - Man of Medan deals
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PS4 and PC
Teamwork makes the dream work. And in puzzle-platformer Unravel Two, you have no other choice. You and your partner-in-crime play as two Yarnies - yarn creatures that look like a knock-off teddy your grandma made you - who are joined by a length of (you guessed it) yarn. Together, you must overcome obstacles and puzzles which see you utilizing your unique bond to reach the end of each set level.
Unravel Two is an adorable and laid back adventure, with a beautiful soundtrack. Its not exactly an action-filled romp, and the actual story can be hard to follow, but its great for building those all-important communication skills through phrases like: No, you pull me up and Dont go yet.NOW!
Today's best Unravel 2 deals
Platforms: PS5 and Xbox Series X
Think your relationship or friendship is rock solid? Nothing can get between you? Think again.
Overcooked pushes any relationship to its absolute limits. Expect raised voices, exasperated exhales, death stares and plenty of foul language all while you attempt to cook a variety of dishes in this beautifully frantic co-op game. The premise is simple - you and your buddy are chefs in a kitchen, the orders roll in, you make them and send the meals out, all in exchange for some sweet sweet cash.
The All You Can Eat edition combines all the levels from Overcooked 1 and 2, plus all the DLC which came along with both games. That means theres plenty of playtime to feast on - assuming youve not rage quit and ended things between each other - with over 200 levels, all rendered in 4K and playable at 60fps.
If you arent lucky enough to have secured yourself a PS5 or Xbox Series X yet, fear not as Overcooked 1 and Overcooked 2 are also available on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Today's best Overcooked and Overcooked 2 deals
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC and Mac
It may seem like were trying to just include games that will cause you and your partner to scream at each other, but we promise thats not our goal (its just a nice bonus). Moving Out is one such game, running in a similar vein to Overcooked, which sees you trying to move some furniture out of peoples homes. Easy right? Think again. These arent normal homes and sometimes not even the furniture is normal, but the aim is to get everything into your moving van before time runs out - whatever state it happens to be in.
If you think real-life moving is stressful then youre in for an absolute treat. While Moving Out isnt quite as dynamic as Overcooked, there are plenty of varied levels to work your way through and plenty of fun to be had.
Today's best Moving Out deals
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Android, PC and Mac
If you dont have a whole heap of time to play a full game, then you might want to check out the multi-award-winning Florence. Following 25-year-old protagonist, Florence, the interactive narrative takes us through her daily routine before running into love interest Krish.
Consisting of clever puzzles that simulate how awkward a first-date can be (next to the difficulties of holding a career and relationship), this 45-minute window into Florences life is a breath of fresh air. Released originally on Valentines Day 2018, the music, art-style and general storytelling are extraordinary, placing it at the peak of what the mobile gaming market has to offer.
Platforms: PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC
Everyone loves Rayman, so why hog the little guy all to yourself? Rayman Legends can be played with one person, but its much better with two. The platformer game is simple for even a non-gamer to pick and sees you taking on a myriad of themed levels in an effort to save the poor Teensies. Rayman Legends is great, straightforward fun and offers hours of playtime - and keep an eye out for the games musical levels which are a definite highlight.
Today's best Rayman Legends deals
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One and PC
From the peculiar mind of Josef Fares, A Way Out is the story of two prisoners who must work with one another to escape incarceration. Designed specifically around local split-screen co-op (although online co-op is available too), each player controls either Leo or Vincent and must work in unison to help further the plotline.
Comparable to a walking-simulator at times, even those unfamiliar with game controls can figure their way through this. The action-adventure is full of drama, twists, and a whole lot of cheese. If you can handle that, A Way Out offers an exhilarating six hours, with both friendship and relationships at the focal point of the narrative. Best of all, mid-way through, you can sit down for a cheeky game of Connect Four. Winner.
Today's best A Way Out deals
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PS4, PC and Mac
Looking for a game to play this Valentines Day thats actually about romance - kind of. Then look no further. Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime has everything you want from a game for couples: space, lovers, evil anti-love forces, teamwork and kidnapped space bunnies. If youre not sold already, we dont know what to tell you.
In all seriousness, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is a great co-op game that sees you and your partner working together to explore a colorful galaxy in your battleship - fending off any anti-love forces that think about taking you on. In no time, youll be operating like a beautiful well-oiled machine. Aint love grand?
Today's best Asteroid Base Inc. Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime deals
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Snipperclips is a delightfully cute co-op puzzle game inspired by papercraft. When the two characters - Snip and Clip - overlap you can cut out part of the other to alter their shape to fit your problem. Using this one simple mechanic players are tasked with solving a variety of puzzles in a beautiful crafts-themed setting, from fitting inside a shape template Hole in the Wall-style to trying to put a basketball through a net.
If you or your partner arent gamers, dont fret. Snipperclips is brilliant for beginners, and with fairly intuitive puzzles you should both be able to find a solution, no matter your experience.
Today's best Snipperclips deals
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC and Mac
You know what they say, the couple that survives the wilderness together survives life together. Ok, so we made that up, but its probably true. If it is then Dont Starve Together will have you and your partner set for life. The co-op survival game sees you and your loved one trying to survive in a strange and dangerous world full of creatures that try to eat you and other unexpected dangers.
Alongside trying to not get killed by the world itself, you both need to also ensure youre eating enough, getting enough sleep and generally keeping your mental health in a good place. The best way to survive is to harvest resources from the world, craft handy survival tools and hope youll make it through to another day. Sounds romantic, right?
Today's best Don't Starve Together deals
- 11 new Android games from the last week: The best, worst, and everything in between (3/29/21 - 4/4/21) - Android Police - April 4th, 2021
- Classic games like chess and Sudoku are now easier to play on iPhones and iPads - TechRadar - April 4th, 2021
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Dungeon & Puzzles', 'Stick Fight: The Game', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - April 4th, 2021
- The Three Best and Worst Games of March 2021 - COGconnected - April 4th, 2021
- Google Play Pass now has over 800 games, apps - HT Tech - April 4th, 2021
- The Easiest Ways to Boost Your Gamerscore from the Xbox Games of March 2021 - TheXboxHub - April 4th, 2021
- Game of the Month: March 2021's Best PS5, PS4 Games - Pure PlayStation - April 4th, 2021
- This Weeks VR Game Roundup: New Archery Game, Kitchen Island VR - VR Fitness Insider - April 4th, 2021
- Best New Android Games This Week: The Wake, Quick Fire, Dual Summoners, and More - DroidGamers - April 4th, 2021
- It Takes Two review: This is how it runs on PC - Laptop Mag - April 4th, 2021
- Pillars of Active Aging - Old School Puzzles And Games To Promote Active Aging Brain Health - LNP | LancasterOnline - March 4th, 2021
- Tvinnr: Basic tips to help you enjoy this relaxing puzzle game - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- Maquette is a neat puzzle game that packs an emotional punch - The Next Web - March 4th, 2021
- Our most anticipated indie games of 2021 - Rock Paper Shotgun - March 4th, 2021
- MonkeyBox 2: Cards! is an upcoming puzzle adventure game for iOS from TheCodingMonkeys - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- Play with Gravity in Gravifire on Xbox and Switch - TheXboxHub - March 4th, 2021
- Lovin Games Weekly - There is a new Aliens game on the way - Lovin Dublin - March 4th, 2021
- It Takes Two Isn't Focusing on Replayability, Won't Have Collectibles - GameRant - March 4th, 2021
- The Video Games to Play This Month: Get Tiny with Maquette, It Takes Two, and More! - The Portland Mercury - March 4th, 2021
- 50% Kemco RPG and Puzzle Games on PS Store - GLYFE Nation - March 4th, 2021
- Worst Pokmon Spin-off Games Nintendo Should Never Remake - Screen Rant - March 4th, 2021
- Super Rare Games giving immersive puzzle game Creaks a physical Switch release next week - GoNintendo - March 4th, 2021
- Every Uncharted Game, Ranked Worst To Best | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - March 4th, 2021
- 10 Games We Need To See On PSVR2 That Could Actually Happen On PS5 - TheGamer - March 4th, 2021
- PC Review - 'Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead' - WorthPlaying.com - March 4th, 2021
- The Next Hawks Coach Will Have to Solve the Trae Young Puzzle - The Ringer - March 4th, 2021
- Sponsored: 5 games that make you think like a programmer - Gamasutra - March 4th, 2021
- Inked review - "If only looks were everything" | Articles - Pocket Gamer - March 4th, 2021
- From Portal to Witcher 3: The games people cheat at the most! - European Gaming Industry News - March 4th, 2021
- 5 Best PC Boxing games to play in 2021 - Gameranx - March 4th, 2021
- What Are the Most Popular Types of Mobile Game? | TechQuila - TechQuila - February 19th, 2021
- The Legend of Zelda games ranked! - The Guardian - February 19th, 2021
- Wordsmyth is a beautiful daily word game coming soon to iOS and Android - Pocket Gamer - February 19th, 2021
- Review: She Remembered Caterpillars - Movies Games and Tech - February 19th, 2021
- Artie raises $10 million as it pivots to make instant games - VentureBeat - February 19th, 2021
- Fortnite Creative gets callout for puzzles and platformers - AltChar - February 19th, 2021
- Top 10 games to download and play first on your new Apple iPhone - Gadget Bridge - February 19th, 2021
- Outer Wilds launches this summer on Nintendo Switch - Shacknews - February 19th, 2021
- Steam Developer Banned After Trying to Trick Users About Positive Reviews - VICE - February 19th, 2021
- Global Games and Puzzles Market 2020 Industry Analysis, Key Drivers, Business Strategy, Opportunities and Forecast to 2025 Express Keeper - Express... - February 19th, 2021
- Next 10 Classic Horror Games To Play If You Liked The Medium - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- Game stores seeing an increase in new customers since the COVID-19 pandemic - WeAreGreenBay.com - February 17th, 2021
- The First 10 Games Released On The PS2 (In Chronological Order) - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- Zynga Expects Its Mobile Gaming Empire to Grow More Than 30% In 2021 - Motley Fool - February 17th, 2021
- 8 Underrated Open-World Games (That Came Out In The Last 5 Years) - GameRant - February 17th, 2021
- The Room 4: Old Sins Is Out For PC, And Prettier Than Ever - Kotaku - February 17th, 2021
- Knight's Retreat Review - Chess but not! - TheXboxHub - February 17th, 2021
- Soapbox: We Were Here, the Free PS4 Game No One Will Play with Me - Push Square - February 17th, 2021
- PS5 : HuniePop 2, another title that joins Twitch's list of banned games - Explica - February 17th, 2021
- 10 VR Games That Don't Give You Motion Sickness - TheGamer - February 17th, 2021
- 10 Things You Never Knew About The Origins Of Tetris | Game Rant - GameRant - February 17th, 2021
- Games of the week: The Medium, Spire Blast, Encodya and Solas 128 - Inverness Courier - February 17th, 2021
- Nokia 5.4 review this ones for the stock Android fans on a tight budget - Business Insider India - February 17th, 2021
- Thorny Puzzle Title Room To Grow Is Coming To PC This Month - Bleeding Cool News - February 14th, 2021
- Imaginative Puzzle Game QV Heading To Steam | TheGamer - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- 10 Open World Games That Have No Combat | Game Rant - GameRant - February 14th, 2021
- Schell Games Talks I Expect You To Die 2 And VR's Future - UploadVR - February 14th, 2021
- ConnecTank Is a Multiplayer Tank Battle and Puzzle Game Coming This Fall - SuperParent - February 14th, 2021
- Outer Wilds And The Best Games That Use Time Loops - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- The Most Peaceful Games of 2020, Ranked | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - February 14th, 2021
- Best new mobile games on iOS and Android this February - Metro.co.uk - February 14th, 2021
- PS4 Update: Download This New F2P PlayStation 4 Game - RealSport101 - February 14th, 2021
- The Best Free PC Games of Multiple Category in 2021 - TechnoSports - February 14th, 2021
- The DeanBeat: Has the game industry hit its peak with crazy valuations or just begun its growth? - VentureBeat - February 14th, 2021
- Video game review: 'The Medium' a messy horror game with inventive puzzles - telegraphherald.com - February 14th, 2021
- TouchArcade Game of the Week: 'Knightin'+' - Touch Arcade - February 14th, 2021
- Numskull Games Offers Sneak Peek At Upcoming Titles, Reveals RICO London - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- Recursive Puzzle Game, Maquette, to be Released in March - mxdwn.com - February 11th, 2021
- Tackle thorny problems in 'Room to Grow' a plant pushing puzzle game launching on Steam for PC & Mac 25th February 2021! - Gamasutra - February 11th, 2021
- PS5 and PS4 free game bonus: Grab a friend and download co-op puzzler for free - Express - February 11th, 2021
- Somethings Fishy About This Steam Games Very Positive Reviews - Kotaku - February 11th, 2021
- Human Fall Flat Was Originally Designed To Be Portal Meets Limbo - TheGamer - February 11th, 2021
- Tilting Point will invest up to $60 million in user acquisition for Loop Games Match 3D game - VentureBeat - February 11th, 2021
- Every App And VR Game Coming To Oculus App Lab For Quest - UploadVR - February 11th, 2021
- Nuts Review- Hiding Above the Trees, Looking For Squirrels - DualShockers - February 11th, 2021
- A bit about our currently nameless game company, and what we're working on at the moment - Gamasutra - February 11th, 2021
- 'Breath Of The Wild' Reinvented Zelda Games. 'Bowser's Fury' Does That For Mario - Mashable India - February 11th, 2021
- Slipways was the best demo in the Steam Games Festival, but it's gone now - Rock Paper Shotgun - February 9th, 2021
- Move Over, Mother 3 - THESE Nintendo Games Should Be Localized Too - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 9th, 2021
- Solve puzzles in a recursive world where everything is simultaneously tiny and massive - PC Gamer - February 9th, 2021