A massive group of independent developers and publishers presented a showcase of games with chill vibes. Not to be confused with Nintendo Direct, this presentation was based on the Wholesome Games community on Twitter. The focus of the community is to highlight games that are low stress and contain little violence, and promote positive themes and representations of marginalized groups.
The Wholesome Direct presentation showed a half-hour of footage consisting of new and upcoming games. Check out the roundup below for all of the games presented during the showcase, with descriptions provided by the publishers.
Button City is a game about a group of friends trying everything they can think of to save their local arcade from being shut down.
Errand Boy is a fantastical action-adventure game told through 5 interweaving adventures and heroes with one purpose: save the town.
Ooblets is a farming, creature collection, and town life game where you explore the world of Oob, participate in dance battles, manage a farm, customize your house and character, and collect ooblet friends.
Kind Words (lo fi chill beats to write to) is a game about writing nice letters to real people. Write and receive encouraging letters in a cozy room.
Snacko stars former big city kitties Momo and Mikan in a new life on a seemingly deserted island. Unravel its mysteries while you rebuild a community, farm, fish, and explore the island and beyond.
In Chicory, you're a dog wielding a magic brush! Use your painting powers to explore, solve puzzles, and make friends in this adventure game.
After a fateful encounter with a mysterious Spirit, courageous little mouse Lila resolves to help troubled villagers the best she can in The Spirit and the Mouse.
Spiritfarer is a cozy management game about dying. As ferry-master to the deceased, build a boat to explore the world, care for your spirit friends, and guide them across mystical seas before finally releasing them into the afterlife.
The best recipe for survival is friendship, as an adorable alien teams up with local creatures to find their way in Sayri: The Beginning. Use teamwork and telekinetic abilities to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.
Do you have what it takes to design and curate the worlds greatest museum? Fill your exhibit halls with extraordinary artifacts, hire staff to keep things running smoothly, and do everything you can to expand your visitors horizons in Mondo Museum.
Become best friends with a lonely bird figuring out what life is all about, and face the heaviness of growing up together in Bird Alone.
Little Witch in the Woods is a heartwarming life sim about Ellie, a witch's apprentice. Make potions, study magical creatures, and help the local townspeople in Ellie's journey to become a full-fledged witch.
Travel by bus and take in all the sights on your trip to see the magical phenomenon called TOEM. Capture special moments with your camera and share them with the world!
Winding Worlds is a finger-wiggling puzzle-adventure. Join a cast of characters big and small in a heartwarming tale of grief, love, truth, and acceptance.
See your drawings come to life in Tokotoko: Hako & Friends. In this all new story mode, you'll solve puzzles with real drawings to help Hako find the other Tokotokos and become an artist.
When the Past was Around is a point-and-click adventure game about love, loss, and all the joy and pain in between.
A Space For The Unbound tells the story of two high school sweethearts in 1990s Indonesia investigating the supernatural forces threatening their small town.
Book of Travels is an intricate fairytale world where you can roleplay without the restraints of linear quests and plotlines, forming friendships and overcoming obstacles as you go.
Traverse and rebuild a broken island, protect its inhabitants, and make friends with a fruity cast of characters in Garden Story.
Explore an unusual corner store late at night to find the perfect gift for your girlfriend in Dpanneur Nocturne.
Calico is a community simulation game that gives you an important and adorable task: rebuild the towns cat caf and fill it with cute and cuddly creatures.
Rainy Season is the story of an ordinary family spending time at home during a storm. Listen to the rain, spend time with your family, and see for yourself how an ordinary day can lead to extraordinary moments.
Wayward Strand is a heartfelt interactive story. Play as teenage journalist Casey Beaumaris as she visits an airborne hospital for the first time.
Hoa is a platforming adventure game with hand-painted art inspired by Studio Ghibli. Explore meticulously crafted scenery, make friends with magical creatures, and collect memory fragments as you piece together the long lost history of Hoa.
KeyWe is a cute, co-op postal puzzler starring Jeff and Debra, two small kiwi birds working in a whimsical post office.
Tracks of Thought is a self-exploration game that helps you better understand yourself and others. Discover where you belong on a train bound for an unknown destination.
Melon Journey 2 is a story-exploration game about revisiting a town full of adorable animals with eccentric personalities. Beneath its cute surface lies a tale of crime and corruption centered around... melons.
Dive into a magical woven world on the back of your own carpet dragon in Weaving Tides! Explore the textile landscape, solve puzzles, and unravel the great mysteries of a long-forgotten past.
A Fold Apart is a puzzle game that explores the emotional rollercoaster of a long-distance relationship in a world of folding paper.
Grind on bendy straws, kick-flip over staplers, and carve killer lines through cardboard and sticky tape parks in SkateBIRD. Above all else, skate birds try their best!
Unpacking is a zen puzzle game about the familiar experience of pulling possessions out of boxes and fitting them into a new home. Create a satisfying living space while learning clues about the life youre unpacking.
Sylvan Meadows is a village simulation game with RPG elements. Keep a little outpost running while bonding with its inhabitants. Make friends, solve problems, and take a nap in the meadow when you're done.
Play as two lovers settling on an unknown world in Haven. Survive together, glide over the plains, camp, restore the planet, and fight only if you have to.
Create colorful railway systems, decorate beautiful towns, transport commuting passengers, and even ride your train in first-person in Tracks - The Train Set Game.
Frogsong is a heartfelt adventure where it's okay to be small. You'll make new friends, explore beautiful environments, and embark on a journey to find your place in the world.
In Later Daters youre the newest resident at Ye OLDE retirement community, where youll meet a cast of seniors who are all excited to meet you.
Clouzy! is a farming game about filling the world with cute clouds and positive emotions.
Creature Resort is a resort management game where your guests are creatures from all over a colorful and mysterious fantasy world.
Pushy and Pully in Blockland is a colorful co-op arcade game that will take you and a friend through ever-challenging levels. Recover your spaceship and escape Blockland.
Onsen Master is a hot spring management game. Players must revitalize various onsens across the fantasy island of Izajima.
Welcome to Old Friends Dog Sanctuary, where love never grows old! A game about friendship for people who love dogs.
Become captain of your own ship crewed by fun, quirky characters in Critter Cove: a tropical seafaring adventure.
Roots of Pacha is a co-op farming and life sim game set in the Stone Age. Carve your path in the earliest days of civilization.
A Monster's Expedition is an adorable and relaxing open world puzzle adventure for monsters who love to learn about humans!
Navigate an intricate world filled with mind-bending yet fun puzzles, find clues about the identities of our spirit friends, and help them reach The Other Side.
Get ready to explore Pasteleria, an enchanted kingdom thats jam-packed full of magic and mystery in BattleCakes, all-ages snack-sized RPG.
Alchemic Cutie is a relaxing RPG set on beautiful Wimba Island. While taming wild jellies, youll meet villagers, enter jelly competitions and uncover the secrets of the island.
Pekoe is a tea-making simulation game about a countryside town of cats and tea houses.
Ollie-Oop is a game about a skateboarding dog who goes on an adventure to find his friend Reggie.
Take care of unique dogs and find the right homes for as many of them as you can in To The Rescue!, a dog shelter simulator.
Rolling Hills is a life sim about opening your own sushi restaurant in a cozy village. Assume the roll of a budding sushi chef as you work to improve the lives of your neighbors and make new friends.
Himig is a game about experiencing calm, everyday moments while making memories and finding joy in the little things.
Orange Island is an authentic 8-bit action-adventure game with heart.
Misc. is an adventure game starring Buddy and BagBoy, two tiny beings made of miscellaneous items.
Meet friends, explore soft, low-poly worlds with slice-of-life dialog, cute aesthetics, puzzles, and interactive turn-based battles in Elliot & Ko, an adventure inspired by Paper Mario.
Read the rest here:
All 55 Games Games Featured In The "Wholesome Direct" - GameSpot
- The 24 best video games of all time - Mashable - July 3rd, 2020
- Another Professor Layton puzzle-adventure is coming to iOS this month - Cult of Mac - July 3rd, 2020
- The Witcher: Top 10 Hardest Puzzles From The Games | Game Rant - GameRant - July 3rd, 2020
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'Animal Crossing: New Horizons' Update is Available, 'Clash Force' and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - July 3rd, 2020
- These 10+ Games Are Coming To Xbox One Next Week (July 7-10) - Pure Xbox - July 3rd, 2020
- Q&A: About the upcoming print and e-paper edition changes at the West Central Tribune - West Central Tribune - July 3rd, 2020
- The 9 worst scientists in PC games - Rock Paper Shotgun - July 3rd, 2020
- Creaks, a trippy 2D puzzle game, arrives on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC in July - Daily Star - July 3rd, 2020
- The recursive world simulation & puzzle-making process in Maquette - PlayStation.Blog - July 3rd, 2020
- Maquette Will Bring Mind-Bendingly Clever Recursive Puzzles To PS5, PS4, And PC This Year - GameSpot - July 3rd, 2020
- How citizen scientists and video games are taking on Covid-19 - RTE.ie - July 3rd, 2020
- Felix The Reaper Comes To Life on iOS - GameSpace.com - July 3rd, 2020
- Turok and Grip highlight free games for Twitch Prime members this July - PC Invasion - July 3rd, 2020
- Incredibly Innovative Puzzle Game Carto Comes To PS4 This Fall - PlayStation Universe - July 1st, 2020
- This Doctor Who Sliding Puzzle Game Is Driving Me Insane and I Can't Stop Playing It - Gizmodo - July 1st, 2020
- Made in the USSR: 6 video games Soviets went crazy over - Russia Beyond - July 1st, 2020
- Adventure/puzzle game 'Carto' heading to Switch - GoNintendo - July 1st, 2020
- 10 Fantastic Disney Games From The 16-Bit Era | TheGamer - TheGamer - July 1st, 2020
- Top 10 Addictive Games That Can Help You Cure Boredom at the Workplace - ThisisXbox - July 1st, 2020
- With dinnertime singing and 1,000-piece puzzles, the Portland Thorns are settling into the bubble before faci - OregonLive - July 1st, 2020
- Games to Watch Out For This July GameSpew - GameSpew - June 30th, 2020
- Shelter Tails: Whoever adopts Hank will need a sense of humor - Times Herald-Record - June 30th, 2020
- Apple just unveiled its picks of the best iPad and iPhone apps of the year - here they are - TechRadar - June 30th, 2020
- Doctor Who fans are losing their minds over the new Thirteen Doctors game - RadioTimes - June 30th, 2020
- THOSE WHO REMAIN Review: Fear Of The Dark And Heavy Decisions - GameTyrant - June 30th, 2020
- Five new Steam games you probably missed (June 29, 2020) - PC Gamer - June 29th, 2020
- The Almost Gone Review - New Game Network - June 29th, 2020
- Power-Ups - The New York Times - June 29th, 2020
- United Fresh LIVE! Badge, Puzzle and Trivia winners announced - FreshPlaza.com - June 29th, 2020
- Review: Neversong's Moody Nightmare World Doesn't Strike the Right Chords - thirdcoastreview.com - June 29th, 2020
- How Xbox Series X Game Call Of The Sea Uses The Console's Power - GameSpot - June 29th, 2020
- The best new Android and iOS apps you should download this week - AndroidPIT - June 28th, 2020
- Nintendo Switch free games news: Two unmissable free downloads have just hit the eShop - Express - June 28th, 2020
- Apple Arcade needs games made with iPads in mind - heres why - TechRadar - June 28th, 2020
- Here's what we played during the Steam Game Festival Part 2 - GTOGG - June 28th, 2020
- Here are the discussions you missed in the PC Gamer forums this week - PC Gamer - June 28th, 2020
- Puzzler Superliminal Releasing July 7th - Pure PlayStation - June 26th, 2020
- THE ALMOST GONE Review: An Intriguing Puzzle Game With A Haunting Tale - GameTyrant - June 26th, 2020
- The Almost Gone review dreamlike puzzles unlock a world of dark unease - The Guardian - June 26th, 2020
- Urban Flow is coming tomorrow, 26th of June! - GamingLyfe Network - June 26th, 2020
- European eShop releases for the week of June 25th, 2020 - GoNintendo - June 26th, 2020
- Uncover the truth behind the dioramas of The Almost Gone , now available! - Gamasutra - June 26th, 2020
- Blair Witch, Mr. DRILLER DrillLand, Ninjala, Duke Nukem 3D, and SpongeBob Rehydrated hit the Switch - Games Asylum - June 26th, 2020
- Garden Story pushes its harvest back to 2021 - Shacknews - June 26th, 2020
- Dr. Mario World Introduces Dr Baby Wario, And We're Not Sure If He's Cute Or Not - GameSpot - June 24th, 2020
- An Ode to The End - SUPERJUMP - Medium - June 24th, 2020
- Indie Spotlight: Why KO_OP believes Apple Arcade is the perfect introduction for non-gamers - Pocket Gamer.Biz - June 24th, 2020
- Gotta drink up! Heres the official Sonic energy drink - Thumbsticks - June 24th, 2020
- Ever Forward is coming to Switch at the end of the year - Videogamer.com - June 24th, 2020
- The 10 Best Tetris Video Games Of All Time | Game Rant - GameRant - June 24th, 2020
- Five new games to play on your mobile this summer - The Upcoming - June 23rd, 2020
- 'Circulous', the Semi-Sequel to 'The Company Game' from Teenage Developer Chain Reaction Games, Now Available for Pre-Order - Touch Arcade - June 23rd, 2020
- Ever Forward by Pathea Games is Coming to Nintendo Switch - Gamasutra - June 23rd, 2020
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Western Release on PlayStation 4 Set for October 27, PC and Switch in 2021 - Niche Gamer - June 23rd, 2020
- Time travel puzzle game The Great Perhaps coming to PS4, Xbox One, and Switch on July 10 - Gematsu - June 23rd, 2020
- The Last of Us Part 2 Review: A Brutally Heartfelt Masterpiece - KeenGamer News - June 23rd, 2020
- New Catherine: Full Body Switch Trailer Revealed at New Game Plus Expo - GameRant - June 23rd, 2020
- CLASS IN SESSION! MYSTERIOUS PUZZLE ADVENTURE GAME THE ACADEMY: THE FIRST RIDDLE UNVEILS ITS SECRETS TODAY - Gamasutra - June 22nd, 2020
- The World Video Game Hall of Fame 2020 inductees have been announced - My Nintendo News - June 22nd, 2020
- Page A4 | E-Edition | thetandd.com - The Times and Democrat - June 22nd, 2020
- 10 PS4 Games That Are Harder Than Dark Souls | Game Rant - GameRant - June 22nd, 2020
- Lots of us adopted dogs in quarantine: 'Dog Whisperer' Csar Milln has some tips - Greater Milwaukee Today - June 22nd, 2020
- Protagonists, Puzzles and Ports: An Interview With Ever Forward's Producer - GameSpew - June 22nd, 2020
- Picture Puzzle Market Share, Growth, Statistics, By Application, Production, Revenue & Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 22nd, 2020
- The best retro games and PS4 remasters on sale - Explica - June 22nd, 2020
- Games of the week Skelattack, Maneater, Potata: Fairy Flower and SpongeBob: Patty Pursuit - Inverness Courier - June 22nd, 2020
- Solution to Riddle of the Week: The Pickleball Puzzle - Yahoo News - June 21st, 2020
- This is the first prescription video game for treating ADHD in kids - The Indian Express - June 21st, 2020
- What's something about games you didn't mind as a kid but can't stand now? - PC Gamer - June 21st, 2020
- How to Solve The Secret Silent Hill Clock Tower Puzzle in Dead by Daylight - Screen Rant - June 19th, 2020
- 15 must-try demos from the Steam Summer Game Festival - PCWorld - June 19th, 2020
- Augmented Reality Mobile Games Market to See Massive Growth by 2025 | Niantic, Sony, Six to Start - 3rd Watch News - June 19th, 2020
- Rising SEA Woven Is a Free Collection of Mini-Games Celebrating Southeast Asian Culture - The Escapist - June 19th, 2020
- Pokmon Caf Mix is an absolutely adorable puzzle game for Switch and mobile - The Verge - June 18th, 2020
- App Army Assemble: Reky - Is this Bauhaus-inspired puzzler a must-buy on mobile? - Pocket Gamer - June 18th, 2020
- Play This, Not That: The Last of Us Part II - SuperParent - June 17th, 2020
- Download over 900 demos in the Steam Summer Game Festival - AllGamers - June 17th, 2020
- Stockholm-based Stillfront lands 114 million to expand its global group of gaming studios - EU-Startups - June 17th, 2020
- 'Kosmokrats' Puts Starship-Building in the Hands of a Potato Peeler - Indie Games Plus - June 17th, 2020
- Copy Cats - The New York Times - June 17th, 2020