University professors have developed three new mini-games to improve memory and cognitive flexibility.
The three games, punnily entitled Gwakkamole, CrushStations and All You Can ET, are the result of a four-year research programme, funded by the US Department of Education and Educations Institute of Science.
The first tests have demonstrated compelling results in the subjects after only two hours of playing.
Dr Richard Mayer, from the University of California in Santa Barbara, said:
"We found replicated evidence across multiple experiments that playing our games for two hours causes improvements in executive function skills as compared to a control group that plays an unrelated game.
This is one of the few scientific experiments showing the benefits of game-based training on executive function skills such as being able to shift from one task to another or being able to keep track of a series of events.
This work shows the benefits of designing games based on the cognitive theory of game-based training."
Dr Jan Plass from New York University said: While some children have access to the best schools and resources, this is not the case for many families from less affluent communities across the nation.
We hope these games can help close the gap that this lack of opportunity has created.
This game is designed to help with a persons ability to control their attention, behaviour, thoughts and emotions.
The goal is to smash avocados on screens but spare the ones wearing hats, training your speed and focus.
If you wish to train your memory, this is the game for you.
This game work with your temporary holding and memory information, keys to the remembrance and use of daily information - vital skills in everyday life.
It involves crustaceans and users have to remember their colour and type to free them from a hungry octopus.
This space adventure trains your cognitive flexibility - the mental ability to switch between thinking about two different things and to think about multiple concepts at the same time.
In this game, players are providing aliens with food and drinks to help them survive but the challenge is that they frequently change their food preferences.
These games will be presented at the Superpowered Metropolis: Early Learning CIty exhibit at the Childrens Museum of Manhattan on February 14 to help children develop.
If you wish to give them a try, the three of them are available for free online as well as on the iOS and Google Play stores.
- Binge Them While You Still Can! From Brain Games To Velvet, Heres The List Of Shows Leaving Netflix ... - Top Buzz Times - February 28th, 2020
- From Where I Am Standing: River City high schools re-imagined and changing the odds for students - User-generated content - February 27th, 2020
- 6 Ways Modern Technology Has Changed Video Games Forever - Geek Vibes Nation - February 26th, 2020
- Rebel Wilson Finds Love on National Geographic's Brain Games - E! Online - February 24th, 2020
- Commuters win an award for the first time in Sportsfest - The Miami Hurricane - February 21st, 2020
- Mafia: Chapter 1 Movie Review: The way the film ends makes us eagerly wait for the next chapter - Times of India - February 21st, 2020
- southeastern Connecticut News, Sports, Business, Entertainment and Video - theday.com - February 13th, 2020
- Science showcased as sport in annual tournament | Local News - Goshen News - February 10th, 2020
- New Reading Museum Exhibit Explores Science, Illusions, and Brain Games - Berks Weekly - February 8th, 2020
- Test Your Kid's Vocabulary By Playing These Mind Games - The Seeker - February 7th, 2020
- Brain Games That Helps A Child Improve Vocabulary - Love Belfast - February 7th, 2020
- Marsai Martin and Anthony Anderson's on 'Brain Games' (Exclusive Video) - TheWrap - February 3rd, 2020
- After eye corrections and hair tips, their rivalry as Tottenham's host Man City opens a new chapter - gotech daily - February 1st, 2020
- Kristen Bell Says Goodbye to The Good Place and Hello to Central Park - Parade - January 30th, 2020
- NFL Quarterback Drew Brees Puts His Brain To The Test On Nat Geos Brain Games - Forbes - January 28th, 2020
- 'Brain Games': Drew Brees tracks pandas and throws some passes on this TV show - The Advocate - January 28th, 2020
- Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz to open Realscreen Summit with keynote conversation - Realscreen - January 26th, 2020
- Nat Geo Brain Games Reveals The Mysteries Of How Your Brain Works - Forbes - January 22nd, 2020
- 10 Games To Play If You Like Brain Training | TheGamer - TheGamer - January 22nd, 2020
- Magical Elves Names Joel Zimmer Head Of Development, Ups Samantha Hanks To Head Of Casting & Talent Relations - Deadline - January 22nd, 2020
- Brain Games free live stream: How to watch online without cable - nj.com - January 21st, 2020
- SPY GAMES' AND 'LONE STAR,' OH MY - The Republic - January 21st, 2020
- New 'Brain Games' Host Keegan-Michael Key on the Star Power of the Reboot - TVInsider - January 20th, 2020
- Brain Games Hints At Way Forward - themediatimes - January 20th, 2020
- Kevin McDonough's 'Tune in Tonight': 'Spy Games' and 'Lone Star' oh my - The Union Leader - January 20th, 2020
- Tune in Tonight: Spy Games and Lone Star, oh my - Daily Commercial - January 20th, 2020
- 9-1-1: Lone Star is Ready to Make Waves in its Regular Timeslot - PRIMETIMER - January 20th, 2020
- 'Star Trek: Picard,' Grammys: What to Watch and Stream, Jan. 20-26 - Hollywood Reporter - January 19th, 2020
- 3 brain games boost memory, focus, and flexible thinking - Futurity: Research News - January 18th, 2020
- Nat Geo Renews Brain Games & Running Wild With Bear Grylls TCA - Deadline - January 18th, 2020
- Whats on TV This Week: Awkwafina, 'Avenue 5,' 'Star Trek: Picard' and more - Los Angeles Times - January 18th, 2020
- The TVLine-Up: What's Returning, New and Leaving the Week of Jan. 19 - TVLine - January 18th, 2020
- Dog of the Week: Clever Meadows loves brain games and treats - Dublin Live - January 16th, 2020
- 5 Ways To Challenge Your Mind And Stay Youthful - Thrive Global - January 13th, 2020
- Barks and Recreation dog daycare slated to open mid-February - Freeport Journal-Standard - January 12th, 2020
- Why I'm ready to quit bad-mouthing brain games - GoCogno.com - January 11th, 2020
- How could my wife have Alzheimers? She was only 56. - The Boston Globe - January 8th, 2020
- Jason Silva has some interesting, but potentially eyeroll-inducing, things to say about cannabis - The GrowthOp - December 31st, 2019
- Quizmaster 2019: Meet the cast of famous brainiacs Eric Monkman, Pat Gibson, Kevin Ashman! - Reality Titbit - Celebrity TV News - December 29th, 2019
- Happy New Year to one and all! - The Union of Grass Valley - December 27th, 2019
- Smartphone apps: can they improve our mental health? - BBC Focus Magazine - December 27th, 2019
- Tes Scotland's 10 people of the year: Chris Smith - TES News - December 24th, 2019
- Five events for kids happening on Long Island next week - Entertainment - The Island Now - December 23rd, 2019
- Amazon has puzzles and education toys for up to 35% off today from under $6 - 9to5Toys - December 22nd, 2019
- Parents pay thousands for 'brain training' to help kids with ADHD and autism. But does it work? - NBCNews.com - December 21st, 2019
- From Brain Games to the philosophy of the future: Jason Silva - Daily Sabah - December 19th, 2019
- See What's Coming to NatGeo's End-of-Year Programming - Broadway World - December 19th, 2019
- Review: Hang Out With John Mulaney & the Sack Lunch Bunch - The Spool - December 19th, 2019
- On the calendar this week | News, Sports, Jobs - SalemNews.net - December 19th, 2019
- Breaking News - When Are Your Favorite CW Shows Back from the Holidays? - The Futon Critic - December 19th, 2019
- Killing Games Sweep the Internet (FPS/Action/War/Fighting) - Mighty Gadget - December 19th, 2019
- Exclusive Look at Brain Games as Tiffany Haddish Gets Tied Up! - E! Online - December 17th, 2019
- 5 People Whose Brain Injuries Gave Them New Abilities - Reader's Digest - December 16th, 2019
- Brain games: Non-obvious quarterbacks to consider starting in Week 14 - The Athletic - December 6th, 2019
- Dog of the Week: Meet Max-Mali, an intelligent Belgian Shepherd - Dublin Gazette - December 5th, 2019
- Chicago Toy & Game Week Honors 2019 TAGIE Award Winners - The Toy Book - December 3rd, 2019
- Medicare annual enrollment going on now - KSDK.com - December 3rd, 2019
- From the cowboy suits of Christmas past to today's shopping on line - The Irish News - December 2nd, 2019
- Dog of the Week: Handsome Max-Mali loves cuddles and adventures - Dublin Live - December 2nd, 2019
- Stamford Stand Up Comedy Night with Chris James And Friends - Patch.com - November 30th, 2019
- TELEVISION: Philly's Thanksgiving Parade having fun while celebrating 100th birthday - Bucks Local News - November 30th, 2019
- Television: Philly's Thanksgiving Parade having fun while celebrating 100th birthday - The Delaware County Daily Times - November 25th, 2019
- On the Calendar | News, Sports, Jobs - SalemNews.net - November 22nd, 2019
- You Docs: When your good med does bad things - Roanoke Times - November 20th, 2019
- Experts: Alzheimer's treatment, prevention depend on the brain - Northern Virginia Daily - November 20th, 2019
- Young people urged to embrace 'awe' - Gulf Times - November 20th, 2019
- Are Shrooms And Other Psychedelics The Next Big Thing? This Former Biogen And Pfizer Exec Thinks So - Forbes - November 18th, 2019
- The Amazon Toy Catalog Is the Stuff of Dreams and Every Kid Should Get One - Fatherly - November 18th, 2019
- HEALTH AND FITNESS: Be active, even when you're not! - Aiken Standard - November 18th, 2019
- Disney+ just launched with more than 50 National Geographic documentaries and docuseries - OregonLive - November 17th, 2019
- Things to do in CT starting Nov. 27, 2019 - New Haven Register - November 15th, 2019
- Act 2: Creating apps that promote health and wellness - Newsday - November 15th, 2019
- Disney+: Every TV Series Available to Stream - Decider - November 15th, 2019
- Don't Play With The Ouija Board- It Lies - University Observer Online - November 15th, 2019
- Disney+ just launched with more than 50 National Geographic documentaries and docuseries - PennLive - November 12th, 2019
- Disney+ Launches: Everything You Can Stream - RADIO.COM - November 12th, 2019
- Making a difference in the treatment and prevention of Alzheimers Disease - WJBF-TV - November 11th, 2019
- Brain Games at the Long Beach Island Library - By Pattie McIntyre - The SandPaper - November 10th, 2019
- Things to do in CT starting Nov. 10, 2019 - New Haven Register - November 9th, 2019
- Anime NYC 2019 Offer Diverse New Activities to Fans at Third Annual Japanese Pop Culture Convention - Anime News Network - November 9th, 2019