In Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY, seniors stay mentally and physically active and eat well to maintain cognitive skills with the help of home caregivers from Touching Hearts at Home NYC.
What is the best way to keep your brain healthy as you age? A big part of the answer is to switch off the TV, get busy and seek food for thought (and palate).
According to recent reports published by Harvard Medical School and webmd.com, the right moves to keep your mind sharp as you age, are a combination of physical activity, healthy habits, and using your brain.
These are sometimes easier said than done for Brooklyns Park Slope seniors who might not be so steady on their feet or feel inspired to seek cognitive stimulation. And thats where Touching Hearts NYC caregivers step in with a watchful eye during physical activity and strategies for older adults to keep mentally stimulated as well as help in the kitchen with preparing healthy food.
The Park Slope senior-home-care agency can match elderly or infirm folks with a trained caregiver who will accompany a person in their care during trips outside for exercise. Quite apart from the safety aspect of having a caregiver ensure all is well while youre going through your paces, a bonus is having some company for the duration and on the trip back home.
When it comes to cognitive stimulation for seniors, caregivers training comes into play with activities that might include simple conversation, brain games, help with hobbies and crafts, or whatever appeals to the client and is within reason.
Not all experts will commit to the view that games, puzzles, hobbies and activities are certain to improve cognitive ability in the elderly, but Dr Alan Gow of the United Kingdoms Heriot-Watt University concluded from a recent study that you should continue with those you enjoy and taking up new activities is likely to be beneficial.
We cant say for certain which activities might definitely help keep your thinking skills sharp, but doing hobbies and activities that we enjoy is important for quality of life and well-being anyway, the associate professor in psychology advised.
The Harvard Medical School report mentions eating a Mediterranean-style diet as part of the strategy for keeping your brain healthy as you age. Thats good for your physical health too, of course, but lets not overlook the mental-stimulation possibilities of Touching Hearts NYC caregivers meal-preparation service.
If a senior likes cooking, just follow Dr Gows advice. Meal preparation can be a joint effort in the kitchen along with the caregiver, and a senior might just have some of their own ideas and techniques for turning out brain food.
Touching Hearts NYC offers a full range of home-care services for the elderly, infirm, and disabled in Park Slope, Brooklyn, and throughout the New York City area. From 24-hour in-home senior care to just a few hours a week, all services can be tailored to a clients needs and means through discussion via an obligation-free consultation.
About Touching Hearts at Home NYC Area
About Touching Hearts at Home NYC Area Touching Hearts NYC offers in-home care to aging adults, seniors, and individuals living with medical conditions and disabilities at rates considerably more affordable than care outside the home. The agency is known for Non-Medical Home Care, Companionship and Homemaker services in New York Citys Manhattan, Brooklyn, Westchester, Queens, and Rockland areas. Its focus is on providing person-centered care to help those in need remain in their home, maintain the lifestyle they choose, and feel confident they will be treated with the respect and kindness they deserve.
- $44M USF Partnership With Lakeland Center For Brain Research - Patch.com - April 18th, 2021
- LearningRx Explains the Benefits of 1-on-1 Brain Training for Children on the Autism Spectrum - PRNewswire - April 18th, 2021
- Will Your Dog Be the Smartest at the Park? PetSmart's Brain Games Training Course Can Help - PRNewswire - April 4th, 2021
- How Isolation Can Affect Cognitive Function - Behavioral Health, Featured, Health Topics - Hackensack Meridian Health - April 4th, 2021
- Senior Centre Without Walls schedule for end of February features plenty of interesting topics - moosejawtoday.com - February 19th, 2021
- Dog Theft: Here's how help protect your dog from being stolen - Pontefract and Castleford Express - February 17th, 2021
- Keep your dog safely tucked up and away from thieves - JohnOGroat Journal - February 14th, 2021
- Adult day centers offer security and stimulation for older adults - The Oakland Press - February 11th, 2021
- The Best Board Game Cafes in Europe - Spotted by Locals - February 11th, 2021
- Breaking News - National Geographic Announces Spring 2021 Content Rollout at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour - The Futon Critic - February 11th, 2021
- Brain Games to Make You Sharper and More Focused at Work - Onrec - February 9th, 2021
- Adam Schefter says only two NFL teams courted Tom Brady last year, which seems pretty dumb in retrospect - GolfDigest.com - February 9th, 2021
- Breaking News - Bravo's "Top Chef" Returns for a New Season in Portland Kicking Off with a Supersized Episode on Thursday, April 1 at 8 PM... - February 9th, 2021
- Everything we know about Tom Bradys extreme diet and daily schedule - NEWS.com.au - February 9th, 2021
- Everything we know about Tom Brady's extreme diet and fitness routines - New York Post - February 7th, 2021
- Who is Bloom? - Midrand Reporter - February 6th, 2021
- This surprising pre-round warm-up will improve your game, according to a study - Golf.com - January 22nd, 2021
- Are You Feeling Very Stressed? These Tips Will Help You Relax - Entrepreneur - January 20th, 2021
- The best shows and movies on Disney+ right now - Stuff.co.nz - January 15th, 2021
- Welcoming the new year | Kodiak | newsminer.com - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - January 9th, 2021
- Acing the numbers game - Deccan Herald - January 4th, 2021
- Keeping your mind sharp as you age to enjoy life - The Miami Times - December 31st, 2020
- If you want it, BPL's got it - Eagle News Online - December 31st, 2020
- The filmmakers behind Just Friends tell the story of their unconventional Christmas classic - The A.V. Club - December 20th, 2020
- Brain Games - Play Brain Games Online on Agame - December 18th, 2020
- BrainBox Games enters the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in what will be 'a huge year for the brand' - Toy News - December 17th, 2020
- Camilla opens the Duchess of Cornwall Kennels with a nob-traditional twist - Now To Love - December 10th, 2020
- Week 14 start/sit: Keke Coutee, Cole Kmet and more breakouts - The Athletic - December 9th, 2020
- Original Live Action-Animated Hybrid Series Gabby's Dollhouse Coming to Netflix - Red Tricycle - December 9th, 2020
- Amity International School - The Tribune India - December 9th, 2020
- New shows and movies to check out on Disney Plus this weekend | Curated - Daily Hive - December 6th, 2020
- How To Improve Overall Wellness | Info4u | indiawest.com - India West - December 1st, 2020
- Ana De Armas and Ben Afleck Spotted Kissing Eachother on Deep Waters Set - Stanford Arts Review - November 26th, 2020
- Can You Find the One Man Without a Mustache? - Reader's Digest - November 26th, 2020
- How to Get Smarter Every Day, According to Neuroscience | Inc.com - Inc. - November 25th, 2020
- Gordon W. Mitchell Schools Tori Cameron named Massachusetts STEM Teacher of the Year - Wicked Local - November 25th, 2020
- 20 Indian Shows That Took More Than Just 'Inspiration' From Foreign TV Series - ScoopWhoop - November 23rd, 2020
- FocusCalm, a Wearable Headband That Trains People to Reduce Their Stress, Launches on Kickstarter - PR Web - November 19th, 2020
- Try This and Not That for A Better Memory - Bel Marra Health - November 19th, 2020
- The surprising health benefits of a crossword - Telegraph.co.uk - November 15th, 2020
- Values judgment: embracing the things that unite us is key to a better future for all - Arab News - November 11th, 2020
- STEM teacher of the year: Learn from something not working the first time - The Boston Globe - November 6th, 2020
- The Six Best Apps For A Mental Workout - The Weekly Journal - November 5th, 2020
- 5 tips to the secrets to aging well - Press-Enterprise - November 5th, 2020
- 3 Ways To Improve Brain Health During The Pandemic - Forbes - November 3rd, 2020
- Fun Brain Teasers That Will Stump Your Brain | Videos | fltimes.com - Finger Lakes Times - October 30th, 2020
- Here Is What You Can Expect From Mirzapur 2 - Gulte - October 28th, 2020
- Matt Del Vecchio: Calling all snowbirds. What to do this winter? - The Suburban Newspaper - October 22nd, 2020
- Improve Your Cognitive Health with This Brain-Training App - Thehour.com - October 20th, 2020
- Google launches the second cohort of Gaming Growth Lab acceleration program - CTech - October 20th, 2020
- Powerful Tips For Your Child To Grow With Benefits Of Gaming In Lockdown | Inventiva - Inventiva - October 17th, 2020
- Give your mind a workout with this brain training app on sale - Mashable - October 15th, 2020
- Take Your Mental Fitness to the Next Level with Scientifically-Backed Brain Games - IGN Nordic - October 15th, 2020
- Free Brain Games Online | No Downloads Necessary - October 13th, 2020
- Brain Games: How to deal with the uncertainty of the 2020 NFL season and not throw in the towel - The Athletic - October 13th, 2020
- North Suburban YMCA Honored with Adult Education Programming Award - Chicago Daily Herald - October 13th, 2020
- The Things You Can Do Every Day to Make Yourself Smarter - Bel Marra Health - October 10th, 2020
- Brain Games: Baker Mayfield, Tim Patrick and avoiding outcome bias with outlier performances - The Athletic - October 6th, 2020
- Brain Games: Weighing in on rookies Tee Higgins, Justin Jefferson, and many more - The Athletic - September 30th, 2020
- Kids Corner - The Tribune - September 30th, 2020
- Breaking News - Bravo's Emmy and James Beard Award-Winning Culinary Competition Series "Top Chef" to Showcase Portland for Season 18 - The... - September 29th, 2020
- The surprising hobby one brain doctor swears by to keep negative thoughts at bay - AOL - September 26th, 2020
- Innovative Programming for Adults with Memory Impairment Gives Participants Purpose and Meaning - PRNewswire - September 26th, 2020
- The Surprising Hobby One Brain Doctor Swears by to Keep Negative Thoughts at Bay - PureWow - September 25th, 2020
- Brain Games: Kareem Hunt among Week 2 standouts joining the circle of trust - The Athletic - September 22nd, 2020
- Monument senior living community develops in-house TV programming to connect with residents during COVID-19 - Colorado Springs Gazette - September 22nd, 2020
- What's Coming To Disney+ This Week (Australia/New Zealand) | Secret Society Of Second Born Royals - What's On Disney Plus - September 21st, 2020
- Brain Games: Avoiding outcome bias for the surprising stars of Week 1 - theathletic.com - September 20th, 2020
- Be the change - The Tribune - September 20th, 2020
- Renee Miller: at the crossroads of neuroscience and fantasy sports - Campus Times - September 14th, 2020
- The brain teaser that kids can solve more quickly than adults - ABC 4 - September 14th, 2020
- Retirement communities use technology, creativity to keep residents well and connected - Fly Magazine - September 14th, 2020
- 23 Facts About Your Brain That Will Blow Your Mind - Best Life - September 12th, 2020
- Literary Links: Puzzle over these reads on leisure time - Columbia Daily Tribune - September 11th, 2020
- St. Augustine's Paulette Kozlowski serves individuals with dementia and caregivers - St. Augustine Record - September 8th, 2020
- Production wrapped on SEEDLAND Group's "Forging the Future" with Al Roker Entertainment - SHOOT Online - September 8th, 2020
- Theres no harm in asking an innocent question The Manila Times - The Manila Times - September 8th, 2020
- Children'S Toy Market 2020 How the Market has witnessed Substantial Growth in Recent Years? - Scientect - September 6th, 2020
- Brain games: Norepinephrine, the pre-frontal cortex and the draft room chat - The Athletic - September 3rd, 2020
- Brain Games: The Law of Non-Contradiction and how it applies to fantasy football - The Athletic - August 28th, 2020