FREEPORT As a dog lover and a lifetime pet owner, Brooke Baran of Freeport is living a dream as she watches renovations take place at her new business called Brookes Barks and Recreation to open by mid-February.
It was Friday that Baran watched workers from Marks Backyard Oasis of Belvidere install a recreation therapy pool that will be used for dogs and their owners when she is ready to open her doggie daycare and exotic animal boarding facility on Meadows Drive in Freeport.
As a dog lover and lifetime pet owner, I understand the powerful bond between an owner and their furry friend, Baran said. They provide the best source of unconditional love, but sometimes we need extra help with them.
Baran is ready to provide that extra help in her new business. She plans to call herself and her fully-trained staff Bark Rangers.
Baran is also a certified Dog Guru, who completed training with an organization that helps people who want to open their own dog business. To become a certified Dog Guru, Baran took courses to help make her business successful, and to be able to offer pet owners a chance to make sure their beloved canines are taken care of in the most lovingly and trained capacity.
Baran said she has been working with dogs since she was a 16-year-old growing up in West Virginia. She used to volunteer her time at a rehabilitation center for dogs, becoming a certified dog trainer and therapy dog expert.
I loved the essence of dog training, she said. With service dogs I learned the positive approach to dog training, to be able to help train therapy dogs for veterans.
Baran moved to Freeport two years ago with her husband Ingin Baran. She knew she always wanted to own her own dog care business, and began doing research for a business plan, and looking for the right facility to turn her vision into a reality.
I want a place where dog owners can have a peace of mind when they place their dogs into the care of others, Baran said. I equate my daycare with a preschool, where the dogs will do brain games while at daycare.
The brain games that Baran speaks of is about using tools and training to keep the dogs brain active, which will include games and activities like bobbing for balls. The idea is to have the dogs spend time with a Bark Ranger in small groups for each activity.
Brain games help the dog engage in learned play to give them a chance to think, she said.
The therapy pool is large, measuring 12 feet by 24 feet. This is hydro therapy, which is beneficial to canine exercise for various ailments or just exercise. Baran said the pool therapy will strengthen muscles.
Marilyn Smit of Freeport said she is excited for the new business to be part of the landscape of Freeport.
I see this as a great addition to Freeport, Smit said. This is a different kind of business, and the therapy pool is the closest one to Freeport. I know local veterinarians are excited to be able to have a therapy pool for their clients.
Bran said she plans to have one trained Bark Ranger for no more than 10 dogs. There will also be a chance for one-on-one training. Baran is building on a curriculum for her brain games training and is excited for the public to be part of something different for their dogs.
While the business will not be a kennel for dogs, Baran will offer boarding for people with exotic animals, like bunnies, parrots and other non-traditional pets.
Engaging the dog between brain and nose is something extra than a traditional walk, Baran said. Its basic psychology for dogs and their owners.
Baran plans to have a soft opening for her business by mid-February, with a hard opening by March. Brookes Barks and Recreation is located at 420 W. Meadows Drive in Freeport. For more, visit http://www.brookesbarksandrec.com.
Jane Lethlean; email@example.com; @DOGWMN2
- Nat Geo Brain Games Reveals The Mysteries Of How Your Brain Works - Forbes - January 22nd, 2020
- These three new brain games will improve your intellectual skills - Somerset Live - January 22nd, 2020
- 10 Games To Play If You Like Brain Training | TheGamer - TheGamer - January 22nd, 2020
- Magical Elves Names Joel Zimmer Head Of Development, Ups Samantha Hanks To Head Of Casting & Talent Relations - Deadline - January 22nd, 2020
- Brain Games free live stream: How to watch online without cable - nj.com - January 21st, 2020
- SPY GAMES' AND 'LONE STAR,' OH MY - The Republic - January 21st, 2020
- New 'Brain Games' Host Keegan-Michael Key on the Star Power of the Reboot - TVInsider - January 20th, 2020
- Brain Games Hints At Way Forward - themediatimes - January 20th, 2020
- Kevin McDonough's 'Tune in Tonight': 'Spy Games' and 'Lone Star' oh my - The Union Leader - January 20th, 2020
- Tune in Tonight: Spy Games and Lone Star, oh my - Daily Commercial - January 20th, 2020
- 9-1-1: Lone Star is Ready to Make Waves in its Regular Timeslot - PRIMETIMER - January 20th, 2020
- 'Star Trek: Picard,' Grammys: What to Watch and Stream, Jan. 20-26 - Hollywood Reporter - January 19th, 2020
- 3 brain games boost memory, focus, and flexible thinking - Futurity: Research News - January 18th, 2020
- Nat Geo Renews Brain Games & Running Wild With Bear Grylls TCA - Deadline - January 18th, 2020
- Whats on TV This Week: Awkwafina, 'Avenue 5,' 'Star Trek: Picard' and more - Los Angeles Times - January 18th, 2020
- The TVLine-Up: What's Returning, New and Leaving the Week of Jan. 19 - TVLine - January 18th, 2020
- Dog of the Week: Clever Meadows loves brain games and treats - Dublin Live - January 16th, 2020
- 5 Ways To Challenge Your Mind And Stay Youthful - Thrive Global - January 13th, 2020
- Why I'm ready to quit bad-mouthing brain games - GoCogno.com - January 11th, 2020
- How could my wife have Alzheimers? She was only 56. - The Boston Globe - January 8th, 2020
- Jason Silva has some interesting, but potentially eyeroll-inducing, things to say about cannabis - The GrowthOp - December 31st, 2019
- Quizmaster 2019: Meet the cast of famous brainiacs Eric Monkman, Pat Gibson, Kevin Ashman! - Reality Titbit - Celebrity TV News - December 29th, 2019
- Happy New Year to one and all! - The Union of Grass Valley - December 27th, 2019
- Smartphone apps: can they improve our mental health? - BBC Focus Magazine - December 27th, 2019
- Tes Scotland's 10 people of the year: Chris Smith - TES News - December 24th, 2019
- Five events for kids happening on Long Island next week - Entertainment - The Island Now - December 23rd, 2019
- Amazon has puzzles and education toys for up to 35% off today from under $6 - 9to5Toys - December 22nd, 2019
- Parents pay thousands for 'brain training' to help kids with ADHD and autism. But does it work? - NBCNews.com - December 21st, 2019
- From Brain Games to the philosophy of the future: Jason Silva - Daily Sabah - December 19th, 2019
- See What's Coming to NatGeo's End-of-Year Programming - Broadway World - December 19th, 2019
- Review: Hang Out With John Mulaney & the Sack Lunch Bunch - The Spool - December 19th, 2019
- On the calendar this week | News, Sports, Jobs - SalemNews.net - December 19th, 2019
- Breaking News - When Are Your Favorite CW Shows Back from the Holidays? - The Futon Critic - December 19th, 2019
- Killing Games Sweep the Internet (FPS/Action/War/Fighting) - Mighty Gadget - December 19th, 2019
- Exclusive Look at Brain Games as Tiffany Haddish Gets Tied Up! - E! Online - December 17th, 2019
- 5 People Whose Brain Injuries Gave Them New Abilities - Reader's Digest - December 16th, 2019
- Brain games: Non-obvious quarterbacks to consider starting in Week 14 - The Athletic - December 6th, 2019
- Dog of the Week: Meet Max-Mali, an intelligent Belgian Shepherd - Dublin Gazette - December 5th, 2019
- Chicago Toy & Game Week Honors 2019 TAGIE Award Winners - The Toy Book - December 3rd, 2019
- Medicare annual enrollment going on now - KSDK.com - December 3rd, 2019
- From the cowboy suits of Christmas past to today's shopping on line - The Irish News - December 2nd, 2019
- Dog of the Week: Handsome Max-Mali loves cuddles and adventures - Dublin Live - December 2nd, 2019
- Stamford Stand Up Comedy Night with Chris James And Friends - Patch.com - November 30th, 2019
- TELEVISION: Philly's Thanksgiving Parade having fun while celebrating 100th birthday - Bucks Local News - November 30th, 2019
- Television: Philly's Thanksgiving Parade having fun while celebrating 100th birthday - The Delaware County Daily Times - November 25th, 2019
- On the Calendar | News, Sports, Jobs - SalemNews.net - November 22nd, 2019
- You Docs: When your good med does bad things - Roanoke Times - November 20th, 2019
- Experts: Alzheimer's treatment, prevention depend on the brain - Northern Virginia Daily - November 20th, 2019
- Young people urged to embrace 'awe' - Gulf Times - November 20th, 2019
- Are Shrooms And Other Psychedelics The Next Big Thing? This Former Biogen And Pfizer Exec Thinks So - Forbes - November 18th, 2019
- The Amazon Toy Catalog Is the Stuff of Dreams and Every Kid Should Get One - Fatherly - November 18th, 2019
- HEALTH AND FITNESS: Be active, even when you're not! - Aiken Standard - November 18th, 2019
- Disney+ just launched with more than 50 National Geographic documentaries and docuseries - OregonLive - November 17th, 2019
- Things to do in CT starting Nov. 27, 2019 - New Haven Register - November 15th, 2019
- Act 2: Creating apps that promote health and wellness - Newsday - November 15th, 2019
- Disney+: Every TV Series Available to Stream - Decider - November 15th, 2019
- Don't Play With The Ouija Board- It Lies - University Observer Online - November 15th, 2019
- Disney+ just launched with more than 50 National Geographic documentaries and docuseries - PennLive - November 12th, 2019
- Disney+ Launches: Everything You Can Stream - RADIO.COM - November 12th, 2019
- Making a difference in the treatment and prevention of Alzheimers Disease - WJBF-TV - November 11th, 2019
- Brain Games at the Long Beach Island Library - By Pattie McIntyre - The SandPaper - November 10th, 2019
- Things to do in CT starting Nov. 10, 2019 - New Haven Register - November 9th, 2019
- Anime NYC 2019 Offer Diverse New Activities to Fans at Third Annual Japanese Pop Culture Convention - Anime News Network - November 9th, 2019
- 3 Potential Causes and Risks of Alzheimer's - Counsel & Heal - November 9th, 2019
- Every Single Thing Coming To Disney+ At Launch Date - klaq.com - November 7th, 2019
- WESTFORD PARKS AND RECREATION - News - Westford Eagle - November 5th, 2019
- Just in time for the holidays: The new PetChatz HDX raises the bar on video-based, pet care technology - PR Web - November 5th, 2019
- Stamford Stand Up Comedy Night with Shaun Murphy And Friends - Patch.com - November 3rd, 2019
- The Weekend Room: Brands, ads, marketing gimmicks that matters to advertisers - ET BrandEquity - ETBrandEquity.com - November 2nd, 2019
- Can You Find the Ghost Hidden Among the Skeletons in This Tricky Brainteaser? - msnNOW - October 22nd, 2019
- Vested Summit kicks off in Egypt on Nov. 9 - Egypttoday - October 20th, 2019
- Back to school and back to the Frank Sarris Public Library - Observer-Reporter - October 20th, 2019
- With Playhouse Square-bound 'Secrets & Illusions,' illusionist Ivan Amodei really wants to take you to a new place - News-Herald.com - October 18th, 2019
- Brain Training Games Market Report with Market Insights, Growth Opportunity, Recent Trends and Technology in 2019: Elevate, Lumosity, Posit Science,... - October 16th, 2019
- Literally Everything Coming to Disney+ at Launch - Nerdist - October 15th, 2019
- Religion and the Brain - Psychology Today - October 15th, 2019
- How to Win Tic-Tac-Toe Every Time - Reader's Digest - October 15th, 2019
- Why Tom Brady's Controversial Approach To Fitness Is Changing The Game - Men's Health - October 14th, 2019
- 4 Keywords To Keep An Eye Out For In The Premiere Of Leverage - soompi - October 13th, 2019
- How to Win Tic-Tac-Toe: The Strategies You Need to Master - msnNOW - October 12th, 2019